Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 147897 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Minimalism and Milk 2
« on: April 16, 2018, 02:22:42 pm »

Spoiler: Longer backstory (click to show/hide)

You are one of several villagers who live in a medieval village.

You ran out of milk.

You must acquire more.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Character template:
Name:
Description:
Why do you want milk?

Spoiler: Player characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hall of Milk (click to show/hide)

Turn list:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,Recap 1,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,Recap 2,31,32,33,34.

Minimalism and Milk 3
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 08:54:15 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2:Going Medieval
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:28:49 pm »

Name: Bork
Description: a tired cat
Why do you want milk: because I'm hungry.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 02:34:39 pm »

I can't decide if I want Angelo and Diablo again, or something new, however, there is one thing I can decide on.

NEW RULE: NO DOOM MUGS!
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 02:35:13 pm »

Name: Aaron Blaze, Draconic god of luck!
Description: Big white dragon guy with a red/orange face and green feet, wears big golden armor under a dark green cloak, looks kinda like the Emprahsque probably. Carries around a huge demonic warhammer, a battle axe made of bone, and a very fancy greatsword with a dragon design.
Why do you want milk? Well, what else am I supposed to do with my time right now?

Go find the local lord/king/whatever and talk with them.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:16:18 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 02:42:33 pm »

Anna appears outside the village, right in the center of it. Anna is stunned to see how different is the world around her: There's no dusty, sandy desert or extremely dry badlands around her. Instead, there are green woods, fields of non-mutated wheat, and buildings which aren't made from an ugly mix of rusty metal, wires, and old, crumbling concrete. The only thing similar to her world is that the people have a rather poor hygiene. Being overwhelmed by how healthy-looking is the world she's in right now, Anna decides to ask locals where she can buy and drink brahmin milk, so that her mind calms down a little.

Asks the locals where I can buy brahmin milk.
Head to the place selling brahmin milk, should the locals share the information.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:18:56 pm by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 02:43:59 pm »

I can't decide if I want Angelo and Diablo again, or something new, however, there is one thing I can decide on.

NEW RULE: NO DOOM MUGS!

The world can only hope. I invited ATHATH, but he hasn't been on the forum in a little over a month.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 02:51:35 pm »

Name: Mug
Description: A simple, ceramic mug.
Why do you want milk? To be filled with the divine ichor and ascend to godhood.

Try to move in the direction of milk.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 02:53:34 pm »

ATHATH is still my archenemy. So, I'm not sure what I want, but it will definitely be something absurdly complicated.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 04:13:16 pm »

Name: Gerald "The Great" Goatsby
Description: An aging goatman normal human wizard with ties to an secret occult society.
Why do you want milk? For potions and experiments.

Attempt to create a magically self-replenishing milk fountain in the center of town with transmutation magic.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 05:35:33 pm »

Name: Ziizo
Description: Either a normal human that loves cloaks or a vampire nobody is sure.
Why do you want milk?: Breakfast, milk tastes fine when mixed with me favored drink.

take a horse and gallop to the next village.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 09:06:08 pm »

Name: 'Doctor' Matteo Schubert von Alvritcke
Description: A rather creepy-looking fellow clad in a ragged variety of dark-coloured, ill-fitting clothing. His bony, unhealthily pale head is almost entirely hairless save for a pair of greasy sideburns.
Why do you want milk? To revive and power my human flesh golem, assembled from stolen bodyparts in my spooky old manor house a mile from the village. I tried channelling lightning into my monster but it didn't seem to do the trick. In the future words of the meme wizards of the 21st century, "he needs some milk".
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 09:25:02 pm »

EP, can you wait for me before you start? I want to be in from the first turn.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 12:18:12 am »

(Sorry SM. I feel like I shouldn't keep everyone else waiting. I'll stitch your action in your placeholder spot once you're ready.)

TURN 1:In which yon Folk art denied Milk.

Name: Bork
Description: a tired cat
Why do you want milk: because I'm hungry.

(No action)

The sun rises as Bork the cat blinks in apathetic observation. The inhabitants leave their huts and wander about to begin the day.

Name: Aaron Blaze, Draconic god of luck!
Description: Big white dragon guy with a red/orange face and green feet, wears big golden armor under a dark green cloak, looks kinda like the Emprahsque probably. Carries around a huge demonic warhammer, a battle axe made of bone, and a very fancy greatsword with a dragon design.
Why do you want milk? Well, what else am I supposed to do with my time right now?

Go find the local lord/king/whatever and talk with them.

You stir from your meditations and head toward the local castle. Most of the peasants give you a wide berth thanks to your intimidating draconic appearance, while a few who are familiar with your myth pick up leaves and sticks you stepped on in hopes of getting a good luck charm. Perhaps they sapped a bit of your luck, because you are interrupted on your journey down the road. Three brigands step out from behind trees with bows drawn. "Halt, oh 'mighty' dragon! Give up thy treasure, or be slain where you stand!"

Anna appears outside the village, right in the center of it. Anna is stunned to see how different is the world around her: There's no dusty, sandy desert or extremely dry badlands around her. Instead, there are green woods, fields of non-mutated wheat, and buildings which aren't made from an ugly mix of rusty metal, wires, and old, crumbling concrete. The only thing similar to her world is that the people have a rather poor hygiene. Being overwhelmed by how healthy-looking is the world she's in right now, Anna decides to ask locals where she can buy and drink brahmin milk, so that her mind calms down a little.

Asks the locals where I can buy brahmin milk.
Head to the place selling brahmin milk, should the locals share the information.

You walk into the village. It reminds you a bit of Goodsprings. However, the locals seem untrusting of outsiders. Some mock your unusual clothes, while the more polite ones admit they don't know what a "brahmin" is.

Name: Mug
Description: A simple, ceramic mug.
Why do you want milk? To be filled with the divine ichor and ascend to godhood.

Try to move in the direction of milk.

You wiggle around on a table outside what passes for a pub here. Your former owner looks on in confusion. He doesn't try to stop you, figuring he's already had enough to drink. You manage to fall off and land safely on your side. At least now you're ready to roll out.

Name: Ziizo
Description: Either a normal human that loves cloaks or a vampire nobody is sure.
Why do you want milk?: Breakfast, milk tastes fine when mixed with me favored drink.

take a horse and gallop to the next village.

You walk out into the day, making sure to keep your head properly bowed. Nobody knows whether this gesture is intended to protect you from the Sun's cleansing light or just to keep that properly mysterious shadowing. Maybe both? Anyway, you spot an unattended horse just sitting out in the open outside the church. You hop on and ride off past the wheat fields toward the nearest village. As you leave, a knight bursts out of the church doors. He sees you absconding with his horse and shakes his mailed fist in the air. Hopefully nothing will ever come of that.

Name: Gerald "The Great" Goatsby
Description: An aging goatman normal human wizard with ties to an secret occult society.
Why do you want milk? For potions and experiments.

Attempt to create a magically self-replenishing milk fountain in the center of town with transmutation magic.

You're the great Goatsby. Your name is completely non-indicative and isn't a hint toward you being something other than a human. Especially not a goat. Checking the village supplies, you notice there isn't any milk. Grumbling in annoyance, you incant an eldritch spell of perpetual replenishment. Perhaps you did not use quite the correct spell. A little geyser of milk begins to spurt from the center of the village grounds. However, the ground begins to warp and twist underneath it. A bird lands to drink from it, and the milk replenishes itself by promptly melting the bird into more milk. This could quickly become a bit more milk than you intended.

Name: 'Doctor' Matteo Schubert von Alvritcke
Description: A rather creepy-looking fellow clad in a ragged variety of dark-coloured, ill-fitting clothing. His bony, unhealthily pale head is almost entirely hairless save for a pair of greasy sideburns.
Why do you want milk? To revive and power my human flesh golem, assembled from stolen bodyparts in my spooky old manor house a mile from the village. I tried channelling lightning into my monster but it didn't seem to do the trick. In the future words of the meme wizards of the 21st century, "he needs some milk".

(No action)

You enter a quaint village to buy milk. The watchman informs you that they don't actually have any available at the moment. It appears that a thief took the entire supply last night. He's as surprised as you, honestly.

Name: Adam Simons
Description: Adam had always believed himself to be a normal person, but one day he stumbled upon something no normal human could witness. He saw a fight between a demon and an angel, in their full glory. He was bathed in the hellfire and heavenly light from the battle, and he gained powers like no other person. He gained the power of an angel and a demon, and he chose to use them to help.
Why do you want milk?: "I'm starting with small goals first."

Summon a magic sword

As all this is said and done, a mysterious stranger wanders into town. Adam Simons gestures and a magic sword appears in his hand. It is divided down the middle between reddish black and white-gold halves.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:08:43 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 01:07:45 am »

Drink the milk. ALL OF IT.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 01:44:38 am »

Anna notices that the milk geyser has erupted; and not only that, but the geyser turns everything into more milk. Once she snaps out of outburst of shock and confusion, she points at the geyser and screams, "An unusual type of geyser has erupted, and it seems to turn everything it touches into milk, stay away from it!" After warning the citizens, she decided to rephrase herself, since there were no brahmins pre-War.

Ask where I can buy cow milk.
Go and buy a jug of cow milk for myself. Hopefully they at very least accept dollars (aka pre-War money) as currency.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:06:59 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53