Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 148345 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 7)
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2018, 05:12:05 pm »

Go look for the bottle in the local inn.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2018, 08:43:05 pm »

PUT THE PEDAL TO THE METAL!

...METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING, OF COURSE. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS VEHICLE CONTROLLED BY A PEDAL OF ANY KIND, OR EVEN IF FLOOR IS MADE OF METAL

POINT IS, DRIVE FAST. IF I CAN ALSO FIGURE OUT HOW TO STEER, TRY TO STAY OUT OF THE MAIN PART OF TOWN AND HEAD FOR MY SECRET LAIR, BUT VELOCITY IS MY PRIORITY.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2018, 08:52:43 pm »

"Alas, I need more practice... but I shall look on the bright side and accept that anything can have a use."
Pocket the Nausea Potion. If I need to find/fight a large spider, I'll need a suitable weapon. Find a small errand in town to obtain coin for said weapon.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 8)
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2018, 12:57:45 am »

Turn 8

Anna puts her sniper rifle away as she slowly walks towards Margaret. She looks down at Margaret and spits at her. "You'll not fool anyone ever again, mutant. It's time to pay for your misdeeds..." After saying this, Anna pulls out her Ripper to finish Margaret off.

Cut her head in half, then go back to the Moorsburg.
Find a cow and milk it. If there's no cow, travel to the nearby villages to search for cows.
If I successfully milk a cow, drink the milk and win the game.

EDIT: Damn, how did I failed to notice that I wrote "at" instead of "and"?

2 vs 2-2, 4 to find cow, 6 to milk cow.

Margaret snarls and raises her hands to defend herself as your ripper buzzes to life. However, her injuries slow her down a bit too much. The ripper slashes and gnaws until her head explodes into a mass of gore. Her lifeless body falls to the ground as you turn and walk away. You exit the forest as the funeral songs of mourning mutants wail from the trees. Your excellent performance in this fight prepares you for future battles. (+1 on ambush rolls from now on.)

You know Moorsburg doesn't have any milk or cows, so you head to the neighboring village. You find a cow there and successfully fill a canteen with milk.

YOU WIN THE GAME!!!

However, several farmers are angrily approaching after spotting you messing with their cow. What do you do?

"BASTARD!"

Attempt to transmute Harold's blood into bullet ants. That'll show that holy-man why he shouldn't be hurting my snek children.
6 vs 3
Try and stab Goatsby with the crucifix again, if that doesn't work try and get god to smite him.
2 vs 2-1, 6-1 to request aid.
(Initiative:Goatsby goes first.)

Goatsby hops back from the melee and calls down a curse on Harold. Harold falls to his knees in pain as bullet ants begin to crawl around in his veins and furiously sting him. Harold tries to slash at Goatsby, but drops his crucifix instead. As the uninjured serpent crawls up to finish him, Harold prays for divine assistance. The snake spreads a milky hood and goes for the fatal bite. It is interrupted and pulled away when the reanimated sword-wielding arm of a certain Nephilim leaps into the fray and tackles the serpent. The arm then releases it and slides over to Harold. It shakes its fist at Goatsby with righteous anger.

A steam wagon rolls by, creating a brief screen of dust between the two sides.

Advance to the castle and knock on the door or ring the bell if they have these.

Quote from: Gargoyle
Intruder.
6 vs 3

You ride up the drawbridge and dismount. When you approach the gate, you see no watchman ready to open the door for you. You look up at a rustle of stony wings just in time to see the gargoyle leap down at you. It backhands you into the moat a few feet below the bridge and looks ready to continue its attack.

GET! OUT! OF! MY! BAR! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!
Jesus christ people, I went out for five minutes to fetch some milk, and this is what you people do to my bar room...
Start to clean up the bar. Use magic only if nessecary. Remove Barbarian bodies in the river, and once finished, close it up for the day, and settle down for a nice cup of Ice Cold Milk. Also, Fine Adam. I don't care how divine of an entity he is, he's not getting away with destroying the bar.

You're understandably furious with the Grail group for smashing up your bar. However, Aaron pays generously for the damage and a local alchemist arrives shortly looking for work. Adam even employs his own magic to perform miraculous repairs. Perhaps he went a bit far in the Heaven/Hell decorations, but you can have the alchemist change things back to the way you prefer them. Even the severed arm seems to disappear on its own when you aren't looking. You send the unconscious barbarians on their way like a bunch of musclebound baby Moseses and sit down in your favorite chair. You enjoy the milk as a strange wagon furiously rolls its way along the road outside.

The Barbarian started this fight, we simply ended it, but fine, I'll fix this.

Fix the bar room with magic.

You restore the bar room to a much improved state. You use a bit too much power and accidentally spawn slightly disturbing depictions of events that happened or are to happen in the heavens. This might have been a problem, but Cormac seems to have dealt with it on his own.

A noisy wagon rolls by.

Ah. Ok.
Pay Cormac something in the vein of 50 platinum coins. That should cover it all, right?

I'm just going to go off the Terraria currency system.
Alright, this area uses Terraria money. For those who haven't played it, 1 silver is 100 copper, 1 gold is 100 silver, and 1 platinum is 100 gold. 

You pay well for the restoration of the damage and the bar is soon restored to its proper state. It even seems a bit improved from before. A mechanical wagon clatters and smashes through the street, but doesn't hit anything near to the bar.

"Alas, I need more practice... but I shall look on the bright side and accept that anything can have a use."
Pocket the Nausea Potion. If I need to find/fight a large spider, I'll need a suitable weapon. Find a small errand in town to obtain coin for said weapon.

You go looking for work. Apparently, a massive brawl trashed the local bar. The owner needed assistance with cleaning up the wreckage. You perform admirably and are paid well for your work. (+1 on buying things from now on.)

The passing steam wagon thankfully doesn't hit the pub.

Meditate. Focus really hard and try to find the direction in which the Unholy Pail has it's lair and my stolen sacred milk.

As the others fix up the bar, you sit on a nearby stone and try to sense your stolen milk. Alas, you used a bit too much of your remaining power in defeating GROGNAR and his minions. You feel a flicker but are unable to sense anything relevant. Maybe the noise of the passing machine distracted you.

Go home and start making cheese.

You get home, dodging some mad scientist on a rogue wagon, and attempt to make some cheese. However, you find that your cheesemaker's equipment is in no condition to be used right now. An inconvenient rat is crawling about on your tools and dirtying them.

bait the troll into charging me, then dodge out of the way and bite at it's arms and legs again. Immobilise it!

4 to bait it, 2+1 vs 5

You successfully bait the troll with chattering mandibles and waving pincers. It rushes forward unexpectedly fast and strikes you with your club before you can react. You're knocked to the mud as the troll raises its club for a followup beating.

Go look for the bottle in the local inn.

3+1 for active spell.

You float to the pub. No need to walk when Overland Flight is easily available. You scout out the premises and find the milk bottle is currently in the possession of the bar owner. At the moment, there are enough powerful beings present to make stealing the bottle inadvisable. If that's what you wanted to do, you are Neutral after all.

PUT THE PEDAL TO THE METAL!

...METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING, OF COURSE. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS VEHICLE CONTROLLED BY A PEDAL OF ANY KIND, OR EVEN IF FLOOR IS MADE OF METAL

POINT IS, DRIVE FAST. IF I CAN ALSO FIGURE OUT HOW TO STEER, TRY TO STAY OUT OF THE MAIN PART OF TOWN AND HEAD FOR MY SECRET LAIR, BUT VELOCITY IS MY PRIORITY.

It does have a steering wheel. What it doesn't have is stealth, apparently. The accelerator seems to be stuck. You crash through the wall of the barn and clatter-roll through random objects, fish carts, and through the center of town. Nobody could have failed to spot that.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 01:07:15 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2018, 02:44:29 am »

As Anna drank the sweet milk, her mind calmed down a little, and she started to understand: She has time traveled to the past! Accepting the fact that she may never return back to the current time, Anna decides to find her place in this timeline. However, as Anna turns away from the cow, she sees angry farmers...

Say to the farmers that I want to speak to the cow's owner.
Say to the cow's owner that I'll compensate him/her with money, should he/she name me the price and give time to collect money (3 turns).
Should cow's owner accept my offer, go and work the most high-paying job in the village. If not, perhaps it's time to run away to the Moorsburg and hide.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:21:35 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2018, 04:43:59 am »

Punch the gargoyle.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2018, 05:11:29 am »

shuffle out of the way of it's next swing, flinging mud into it's face as I do so.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2018, 06:17:05 am »

Try again. Find the direction the Unholy Pail has it's lair.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2018, 06:23:55 am »

While we are waiting for the fancy cup to figure out our next location, I will summon my sword to myself, and then begin to attempt to teach my hired adventurers to be more useful in a fight.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2018, 07:23:19 am »

Make sure that nothing bad happens while we’re working on all this.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2018, 07:29:48 am »

Use some type of cleric healing spell to heal my self, and retrieve my crucifix.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2018, 10:40:34 am »

Put the milk in a safe place and take care of the rat.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2018, 11:40:53 am »

Awesome. To the bartender: "Thank you, good sir. It was my pleasure working with you."
Go buy myself a good weapon with my new coin.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2018, 01:46:23 pm »

Name: 0cra
Description: An ordinary person that wants milk
Why do you want milk? To sell it on the black market

"Alright, time to get milk."

>Go steal milk from the grocery store
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:26:12 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2018, 01:57:58 pm »

This is medieval times, there are no grocery stores. Also, your text color is too similar to Mallos's, maybe you should change it.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 53