Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150993 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2018, 04:59:51 pm »

Ahhhhh... I wanted to write the needlessly complicated lore...
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2018, 05:03:15 pm »

So Narfir/Fafnir/Farnir/whatever acquired CHIM?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2018, 05:07:12 pm »

I left it open. I said nothing about the unholy pail, except it exists, it's being guarded, and that there's a one handed viking (who can see basically everything in his line of sight)'going after it. I like big viking-esque sagas and histories of kingdoms and such, the demonic lore of the underworld of milk is your beef.
Also some kingdom has the holy grail of milk made form the viking's left hand.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2018, 05:12:26 pm »

Ok, that was my thought, to write a whole saga for this. Hopefully this can be done, as I have a very busy weekend ahead.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2018, 05:31:10 pm »

I left it open. I said nothing about the unholy pail, except it exists, it's being guarded, and that there's a one handed viking (who can see basically everything in his line of sight)'going after it. I like big viking-esque sagas and histories of kingdoms and such, the demonic lore of the underworld of milk is your beef.
Also some kingdom has the holy grail of milk made form the viking's left hand.
So Mug is a viking's left hand? Or is the Holy Goblet different from the mug Holy Grail?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2018, 05:32:13 pm »

This is still open to join, right?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2018, 05:34:42 pm »

Hello MM, welcome to M&M.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2018, 05:36:05 pm »

Essay-length descriptions, wants to right a saga concerning a random minimalistic game on the B12 forums, shows up with a pun instead of an answer to my question...

Dangit it actually is SM.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2018, 05:48:58 pm »

This is still open to join, right?

Yes, you can still join. I don't really intend to ever close the game to new players.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2018, 05:51:00 pm »

Essay-length descriptions, wants to right a saga concerning a random minimalistic game on the B12 forums, shows up with a pun instead of an answer to my question...

Dangit it actually is SM.
It's hardly essay length. It also isn't a random minimalistic game, it's the sequel to the first game I played on Bay12, or at least the first one I remember.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:17:54 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2018, 08:09:48 pm »

SCOUT AROUND FOR AN UNATTENDED WAGON OR SIMILAR.
TRY TO NICK IT WHILST EVERYONE IS DISTRACTED WITH DANGEROUS QUESTS AND TAVERN BRAWLS
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2018, 09:34:13 pm »

Remember when the plan was for Imic's time machine to have taken him back to medival times, and that was how he would get here? Imic, is your current character just your last guy lying low, because if he is, that is cool,and it works.

Also, Adam looks like Nephilim, the combined form of Angelo and Diablo, with the same face and the weird hetero-chromatic eyes, but not the wings, horns or halo. Basically, he looks like a human version of Nephilim.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:43:11 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2018, 12:31:10 am »

Imic, is your current character just your last guy lying low, because if he is, that is cool,and it works.
Essentially, yes.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2018, 12:39:09 am »

Turn 5

Roll into the pub, loudly declare that the barbarians are evil and use my holy strenght to make them trip into the ground.
(Rolled a die to determine initiative order.)
4 vs 1(Barbarians)
3 vs 4(GROGNAR)

As the bar fight is about to break out, the Grail Mug rolls through the open front door. In an echo of a holy voice, it decries the barbarians and unleashes a holy blast of light. The majority of the barbarians are lifted off the floor and brutally smashed down again. GROGNAR is forced to one knee.

Angelic half says punish Grognar
Demonic half says kill Grognar
Dragon god behind me says to screw with Grognar
I wonder what I'll do

With a flick of my wrist and a puff of smoke, Grognar is tied to a spinning wheel. Multiple knives float in the air before me pointed at the wheel, ready to fly at it with a flick of my wrist. (It's the spinning wheel knife throwing act you see at magic shows and circuses.)

"That was a mistake on your part Thog."

2 vs 6-1
Before I begin, I just want to say that you made me do this.

Aaron steps aside and you begin to cast your spell. Suddenly, GROGNAR lunges forward and crushes your wrist in his grip before you can complete the incantation. (-1 on casting magic until healed.) Rising off the ground, he shouts "GROGNAR NOT FEAR PUNY MAGIC. GROGNAR MIGHTY!!!". GROGNAR then punches you hard in the gut. You are launched back, smashing through the back wall of the pub and landing in an empty hut. Perhaps thanks to the Mug's blast, you have enough time to combat roll out of the hut just before the barbarian leaps out and smashes the hut to splinters. "MIGHTY!!!" (GROGNAR gains +1 to combat checks for unceasing rage.)

Run back to the church and duck in between buildings if the milk demons get to close.
"YOU LITTLE SHIT! THAT WAS MY BEST EXPERIMENT YET!

Goatsby BLEATS yells in anger and sics the Entropy Serpents on Harold, simultaneously providing support to them via a wave of precisely aimed magic missiles.

5 vs 6-1 for Goatsby vs Harold.
4 vs 3-1 for Serpents vs Harold.

Harold tries to run, but trips over an inconvenient rat, lands in a fish cart, and rolls across town. The out of control cart's movements and trailing fish deflect the magic missiles, but the snakes rush forward and constrict around the cart. Harold is trapped inside by their coils, but not yet being crushed.

Anna goes for another shot, but this time she'll use VATS assistance for a better accuracy...

Activate VATS assistance (get a bonus to attack, if I'm successful).
Kill the mutant via headshot, then look for the other hiding mutants to shoot at.

5, 5+2vs5-1, 3

Boom. Or rather, the quiet clap of your silenced rifle backed by the sound of the creature's head bursting open and splattering across the plants and mud. You then creep forward and scan the village for more targets. You see and hear more "mutants" darting about in the shadows, but none sits still long enough to get a shot.

Purchase Milk and head back to the Pub.

2+1, 2

The merchant is reluctant to part with his supply, but your ability to pay extra wins him over. You leave the other village as the proud owner of the merchant's personal bottle of milk.

YOU WIN THE GAME!!!

Anyway, you get lost on the way home. What do you do next?

"The milk thief was in moorsburg Too but thank you anyway"

Go back to the horse and keep searching for milk.

You swing back onto your horse and ride into the horizon like some kind of Western hero from the distant future. Later on as you ride down the road, you see an old king riding on a donkey. He greets you warmly and introduces himself. He is King Bos. He hasn't long to live, you see, and has no heirs. His last wish is to find someone worthy to inherit his most treasured possession, the world's largest herd of dairy cows. He asks if you are willing to take his test.

creep closer to it while it's still dozing off, then charge forward and bite at it's neck with my mandibles after it either detects me or falls asleep. Killing it quickly means I can bring it back to the nest faster, and thus leave the larva contented while I search for milk.

3 to sneak, 6+1 vs 6

You stalk closer silently across the underside of the bridge. The troll is only alerted at the last second by slime dripping from your mandibles. It whirls around too late to stop you, but grabs your carapace before you can strike a fatal blow. Your jaws poke slightly into his throat.

SCOUT AROUND FOR AN UNATTENDED WAGON OR SIMILAR.
TRY TO NICK IT WHILST EVERYONE IS DISTRACTED WITH DANGEROUS QUESTS AND TAVERN BRAWLS

You look in a covered barn and find a steam-powered wagon sitting unattended in the darkness. You nick it.

OOC notes:I'm changing the update schedule to updating every other day, like the original.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2018, 01:43:08 am »

"You have underestimated me, Margaret. You haven't thought that the prey can outmaneuver the predator, right? Once I'm done with this place, you'd better have another card to pull from your sleeve, because I'm not going to act gentle towards you."

Lay down, so it'll be harder to spot me.
Use another VATS assistance to shoot the moving mutants easier.
Shoot the mutants. All of them.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 06:02:01 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 53