Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150525 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2:Conflict Resolution (Turn 34)
« Reply #780 on: June 25, 2018, 09:31:42 pm »

GG, folks.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2:Conflict Resolution (Turn 35)
« Reply #781 on: June 25, 2018, 10:49:47 pm »

Thanks for playing, everyone!

That was great, I'm assuming we're a third(?) timeline now.
(Out of milk the first time, corrected timeline to have milk, went back in time and stole milk to diverge the timeline.)

That said I wonder what details will be important in the next one? That is if you even make a Minimalism and Milk III.

I think you're in what could become the "alpha" timeline. The determining event is the outcome of the Holy Grail's reign. If it stays in charge, Timeline 3 happens, which hasn't been explored. If it is deposed eventually, but significantly before 2017, the original game happens, progresses to Chupacabra Earth, and ultimately timeloops itself away before continuing along Timeline 1, but not before a few characters "bleed" outside the timeloop, notably Shaun's milk theft. The theft causes Timeline 2, which ultimately resolves into 1 or 3. I'm pretty sure this is what happened.

Secret miniature yet entirely canon Turn 35

Well, my personal headcanon is that Cassandra tries to escape, but then after everything else, lived a happy life with her friend Potion Spirit.

Implicitly some sort of dice roll, let's say 52

Cassandra tries to escape, but then after everything else, lived a happy life with her friend Potion Spirit.

Official Minimalism and Milk canon post credits scene complete.

What happened to Vaarsuvius? When does this take place relative to OotS? Where did Vaarsuvius teleport to? How will Vaarsuvius's relationship with the Sun end?

And who is this mysterious figure ducking behind a building?

1.He escaped with the Necklace of Adaption.

2.Vaarsuvius' adventures took place between comics 802 and 835. Vaarsuvius had actually lost Yukyuk and left the Semi-Elemental Plane of Ranch Dressing at one point and had the storyline featured here before eventually returning to assist Prince Oozalot and his true love Gootrude. From there, Vaarsuvius eventually reintegrated into the OOTS plot and never talked about this whole weird story again. A side trek into Narnia was responsible for the unusually stretched time from V's perspective

3.The Sun's location, unless you were thinking of somewhere else.

4.They tried a romantic relationship, but it ultimately didn't work out due to the Sun's general antipathy toward organics and Vaarsuvius' more intellectual interests. They remained friends and ultimately teamed up as interstellar/extradimensional private detectives to pay off certain debts until the Sun retired to become a beekeeper.

5.I'm not sure, this sounds like a reference to something I'm not aware of.

I gave milk to everyone and we all won the game together. I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the game.

Hey, I'm glad you and Rethi pulled it off. I was really straining to keep the game going at the end, and your actions gave the game a significantly happier ending than the one I was expecting. Still, Kane from CNC in a giant robot vs the Norse gods might have been fun to write up.

Again, I'm really glad people enjoyed this. I may run a sequel someday, but it'll be a long time if I do. I'm going to enjoy not having to write insane raving every other day for a while, and there's some other projects I've been neglecting.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 25, 2018, 11:27:46 pm »

sorry for inadvertently ending game to those of you who would have preferred it otherwise

thanks for the great time EP  ;D
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 25, 2018, 11:55:07 pm »

What happened to Vaarsuvius? When does this take place relative to OotS? Where did Vaarsuvius teleport to? How will Vaarsuvius's relationship with the Sun end?

And who is this mysterious figure ducking behind a building?

1.He escaped with the Necklace of Adaption.

2.Vaarsuvius' adventures took place between comics 802 and 835. Vaarsuvius had actually lost Yukyuk and left the Semi-Elemental Plane of Ranch Dressing at one point and had the storyline featured here before eventually returning to assist Prince Oozalot and his true love Gootrude. From there, Vaarsuvius eventually reintegrated into the OOTS plot and never talked about this whole weird story again. A side trek into Narnia was responsible for the unusually stretched time from V's perspective

3.The Sun's location, unless you were thinking of somewhere else.

4.They tried a romantic relationship, but it ultimately didn't work out due to the Sun's general antipathy toward organics and Vaarsuvius' more intellectual interests. They remained friends and ultimately teamed up as interstellar/extradimensional private detectives to pay off certain debts until the Sun retired to become a beekeeper.

5.I'm not sure, this sounds like a reference to something I'm not aware of.

I mean, these were rhetorical questions, but I'm pretty happy with all the answers.

3: Yes, the Sun's location.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 26, 2018, 02:34:48 am »

Well, that was a roller coaster of awesomeness: I enjoyed this RTD a lot, and I didn't even expected Anna to die. Also, I really liked that there were dead PCs, unlike the first one, which was, of course, absolutely excellent, but personally felt too forgiving when it comes to the players' deaths. Anyway, until the next time!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2
« Reply #785 on: June 28, 2018, 06:35:48 pm »

Dangit guys I almost got to go on another rampage.

Excellent game, even if I did only catch the last three turns.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2
« Reply #786 on: June 29, 2018, 03:49:44 pm »

I eagerly await the sequel of this RTD and/or your new story!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]