Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 148368 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 10:05:27 pm »

Continue rolling until the rat is nauseated then trap it inside me and starve/asphyxiate it.

Also, be the Holy Grail.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 11:59:23 pm »

Anna tries to open the world map on her Pipboy, but it malfunctions and displays nothing but orange filter. Sighing, she leaves the village and heads to the small swamp town. During her trip, she thinks about how weird that old woman is, "Why did she constantly cackle during the talk? Perhaps she's not entirely there. At least she told me where I can find milk." In the middle of her trip, she tried to tune on some radio, only to discover that there's no radio signals at all. Disappointed with the lack of radio, she keeps walking towards the swamp town.

Arrive at the swamp town and search for the littlest shopkeeper. If the town looks sinister enough, try approaching carefully by looking for traps.
If this is not a trap, buy a jug of milk.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 12:22:43 am »

"YES, THIS IS FINE. THIS WILL WORK."

Goatsby, rather proud of his work, gestures for the twin Serpents to follow him as he looks for a safer source of milk.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 01:52:34 am »

Run back to the church and fill a bucket with Holy Water, then go back to the milk and pour the Holy Water on it, to cleanse it in the name of our lord.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 03:07:50 am »

Shit, I completely forgot about this. Damn you work!
Name:Shaun Cormac O'Brian
Descrption: A local bar owner who just got up, and feels somewhat hung over. He wants a good drop of milk for breakfast, nothing like it in the morning. His bar has a window pointed in the exact direction for the creepy castle up on the hill to be in full view, as per agreement with old Saxon. As long as he sends up hapless adventurers occasionally, the money keeps flowing...

Cormac opens the pub for the day, and announces loudly to players, adventurers, and NPCs alike that the pub is open and that beer is half price for today (Two bits instead of four). He looks around the quiet village of Moorsburg, bright in the late morning sunlight, with the ominous castle looming over the village. Let's say... Spiders this time. The castle is infested with spiders, if anyone asks, and they have... Lots of treasure hoarded up there. Should be fine.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:09:54 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 05:53:23 am »

check the brigand for blood, I never learned to check for pulse but I know that "lots of blood out of the body"="bad for your health"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2018, 06:45:28 pm »

ASK SHOPKEEPER WATCHMAN WHERE THEY THE SHOPS USUALLY SOURCE THEIR MILK.
ALSO LOOK OUT OF DOORWAY AND WATCH ANY ACTIVITY IN TOWN

...OH, AND PONDER WHETHER MY SPOOKY LAIR COUNTS AS AN ABANDONED CASTLE OR A MANOR.

REALISED I HAD FORGOTTEN TO CAPITALISE EVERYTHING. SORRY. I AM ASHAMED.

EDIT: ALSO OOPS FORGOT WHO I TALKING TO

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:51:31 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2018, 06:47:47 pm »

Push someone in the milk. Players are valid targets.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2018, 12:38:14 am »

Turn 3

Shit, I completely forgot about this. Damn you work!
Name:Shaun Cormac O'Brian
Descrption: A local bar owner who just got up, and feels somewhat hung over. He wants a good drop of milk for breakfast, nothing like it in the morning. His bar has a window pointed in the exact direction for the creepy castle up on the hill to be in full view, as per agreement with old Saxon. As long as he sends up hapless adventurers occasionally, the money keeps flowing...

Cormac opens the pub for the day, and announces loudly to players, adventurers, and NPCs alike that the pub is open and that beer is half price for today (Two bits instead of four). He looks around the quiet village of Moorsburg, bright in the late morning sunlight, with the ominous castle looming over the village. Let's say... Spiders this time. The castle is infested with spiders, if anyone asks, and they have... Lots of treasure hoarded up there. Should be fine.

You open up the pub and start your day! You begin persuading a passing party of generic adventurers to go and clear spiders from the old castle. The cleric among their number asks you what proof you have that you're telling the truth. At that moment, the dragon god of luck bursts in through the doors in search of work. The adventurers take this as an omen of good fortune and head out. Another group decides instead to work with the dragon god and Adam Simons.

Also, your new beer prices bring you a good profit. (+1 to checks involving money).

Y'know what, just go find a local adventurer's guild and hire myself out or something.

There's no real "guild" nearby, so you take the next best thing. A classic pub full of raucous crowds, shadowed corners, and reasonably priced beer. You burst in through the door. Another group of adventurers sees you enter and promptly steals the easiest quest. However, a human with an unusual sword offers you a job looking for the Holy Grail.

Hire Aaron and some other adventurers.

You check the pub in search of adventurers looking for work. Always a good place to find those. You manage to hire a group of generic adventurers to aid you on your search for the grail. They consist of a Female Human Fighter, a Female Human Priest, a Male Human Rogue, and a Male Human Bard. You also recruit Aaron Blaze, draconic god of luck.

Continue rolling until the rat is nauseated then trap it inside me and starve/asphyxiate it.

Also, be the Holy Grail.

1 vs 6 to kill rat, 1 to be the Holy Grail.

You are the Holy Grail. Or rather, you were before you fell on hard times. Your supply of perfect milk was recently stolen by the Unholy Pail, which is said to be the very bucket from which Satan once drank evil milk. You try rolling around to trap the rat, but it quickly notices your attempt and crawls out of the way. It gets out and pins you to the ground, squeaking in triumph!

Anna tries to open the world map on her Pipboy, but it malfunctions and displays nothing but orange filter. Sighing, she leaves the village and heads to the small swamp town. During her trip, she thinks about how weird that old woman is, "Why did she constantly cackle during the talk? Perhaps she's not entirely there. At least she told me where I can find milk." In the middle of her trip, she tried to tune on some radio, only to discover that there's no radio signals at all. Disappointed with the lack of radio, she keeps walking towards the swamp town.

Arrive at the swamp town and search for the littlest shopkeeper. If the town looks sinister enough, try approaching carefully by looking for traps.
If this is not a trap, buy a jug of milk.

3 to approach,4 to find traps.

You make your way through the swamps and approach the town. As could be expected, it is rather ominous. Spider webs cover the ramshackle huts and nobody can be seen in the streets. Being a seasoned Wastelander, you suspect a trap. Crouching and stalking through the bushes, you find a short green humanoid creature with pointed ears and a wide grin. It's hiding in the bushes, obviously waiting to spring an ambush. It carries a wand in its hand and hasn't seen you yet.

Push someone in the milk. Players are valid targets.
Rolling a d6 to determine target. 1 is Harold, 2 is Goatsby, 3&4 are the snakes, 5&6 are villagers.
2. 4 vs 4 to push him in.
In retrospect, I should have removed the villagers since CABL told them to stay away. I'll leave as it is though since it wasn't them.

Being a cat, you enjoy causing hilarious disaster and adorable suffering. Several people are currently close to the dangerous pool. At random, you decide to trip Goatsby. You hop up on his leg and meow loudly. He doesn't trip into the milk, but instead falls forward and kicks you aside.

"YES, THIS IS FINE. THIS WILL WORK."

Goatsby, rather proud of his work, gestures for the twin Serpents to follow him as he looks for a safer source of milk.

2 to find milk, snakes don't need a roll.

The snakes file into formation behind you turn to walk away. You aren't able to think of a source of milk at the moment. This is likely because of the cat that just tripped you.

Run back to the church and fill a bucket with Holy Water, then go back to the milk and pour the Holy Water on it, to cleanse it in the name of our lord.

You make it to the church, only to find that someone forgot to prepare any holy water! You'll need to come up with a different plan.

check the brigand for blood, I never learned to check for pulse but I know that "lots of blood out of the body"="bad for your health"

You inspect the fallen brigand. You're no doctor, but he seems pretty dead. A good deal of his blood is on the outside, and his bones are all broken. A passing farmer looks down into the crater at you inspecting the body. He seems confused. "Did he, er, trouble you, sir?"

ASK SHOPKEEPER WATCHMAN WHERE THEY THE SHOPS USUALLY SOURCE THEIR MILK.
ALSO LOOK OUT OF DOORWAY AND WATCH ANY ACTIVITY IN TOWN

...OH, AND PONDER WHETHER MY SPOOKY LAIR COUNTS AS AN ABANDONED CASTLE OR A MANOR.

REALISED I HAD FORGOTTEN TO CAPITALISE EVERYTHING. SORRY. I AM ASHAMED.

EDIT: ALSO OOPS FORGOT WHO I TALKING TO

The watchman seems paranoid about your question. "Listen, I don't know why, but somebody just stole all our milk. I'm not about to tell any strangers how we're gettin' more! How about you just go about your own business then?"

He doesn't seem very helpful, so you go over to the door and ponder your secret lair. It's sort of an ambiguous manor/castle situation. There's a ruined wall, and the manor's upper levels are partially collapsed. It could be fortified or improved if you needed to, but mostly the basement dungeon is the inhabitable area that you use.

From the door, you can see the spreading Entropy Milk with a fleeing priest and a wizard tripping over a cat with two serpents behind him. You also see various adventurers leaving the pub for Lord Saxon's castle and a ceramic mug battling a rat. The rat is winning.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2018, 03:18:00 am »

Once Anna spotted the unsuspecting creature, which looks like a sort of Spore Carrier with a weird, alien shape of ears. She assumed that it is actually one of the very first victims of the FEV tests, who escaped the labs... which is really confusing, considering the settlements she has seen so far don't even look like pre-War America! She stopped trying to guess the origin of the creature and uses the moment to pull out her silenced sniper rifle...

Pop the creature's head with my sniper rifle. Stealthy style!
Once the FEV victim is dead, look for the other ambushers while looking into the sniper sight. Don't shoot them, yet. Nah, kill all the FEV victims I'll spot.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 04:18:59 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2018, 06:07:31 am »

"Yes his fall dirtied my cloak. Would you tell me where I can acquire milk?"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2018, 06:18:44 am »

So, Random kind of made my quest futile. Not matter, in this game, we'll just end up summoning a new holy grail eventually, or going on a quest to steal the milk back from the unholy pail. Though if ATHATH makes a "holy grail" I'm shooting it.

Start our quest!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:22:45 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2018, 06:23:02 am »

So, Random kind of made my quest futile. Not matter, in this game, we'll just end up summoning a new holy grail eventually, or going on a quest to steal the milk back from the unholy pail. Though if ATHATH makes a "holy grail" I'm shooting it.

Start our quest!
Um, yeah. What he said.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2018, 06:30:15 am »

I didn't mean to, whooops. I thought it would be funny for the Holy Grail to be a mug because it's Minimalism and Milk. It would kind of make sense in-universe.

Roll over rat and crush it with my newly found holy strenght. It's clearly some sort of demonic rat, so I might gain a bonus against it if I use myself as a weapon.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2018, 06:44:53 am »

I didn't mean to, whooops. I thought it would be funny for the Holy Grail to be a mug because it's Minimalism and Milk. It would kind of make sense in-universe.
It does make sense. I suppose I'll just have to take you with us on our quest to recover the holy milk from the unholy pail.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53