Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150099 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2018, 07:04:22 am »

Name:Stormslayer
Description: A large beetle monster with greenish-blue chitin, roughly the size of a cow.
Why do you want milk? To feed the larva. It's easier than getting them meat.
Go looking for something to feed the larva with so they don't starve while I look for milk.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2018, 07:55:27 am »

I didn't mean to, whooops. I thought it would be funny for the Holy Grail to be a mug because it's Minimalism and Milk. It would kind of make sense in-universe.
It does make sense. I suppose I'll just have to take you with us on our quest to recover the holy milk from the unholy pail.
I'm okay with teaming up to fight the unholy pail. After all, I need to be filled with the holy milk and for someone to drink the milk from me because I'm the mug and I need to do that to ascend into the true holy grail, I think.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:59:02 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2018, 08:00:16 am »

Try to convince other players to head on up, and quickly pop out to the shops to buy some milk.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2018, 08:06:36 am »

I didn't mean to, whooops. I thought it would be funny for the Holy Grail to be a mug because it's Minimalism and Milk. It would kind of make sense in-universe.
It does make sense. I suppose I'll just have to take you with us on our quest to recover the holy milk from the unholy pail.
I'm okay with teaming up to fight the unholy pail. After all, I need to be filled with the holy milk and for someone to drink the milk from me because I'm the mug and I need to do that to ascend into the true holy grail, I think.
This is Minimalism and Milk. Of course that's how it works.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2018, 09:35:01 am »

Just so we're clear: EP, flavor for Aaron should probably be on a comparable level to that for One-Punch Man.

As for the recent discussion: but of course!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 09:56:35 am »

Quickly fill a bucket with water and bless it and make it in to holy water, then run to the milk and pour it in and cleanse it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 10:42:50 am »

So, Grail team has a reality warping Nephilim, a Dragon God of luck, and soon, we will have a magic mug. Why did I hire those humans again?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2018, 10:57:48 am »

So, Grail team has a reality warping Nephilim, a Dragon God of luck, and soon, we will have a magic mug. Why did I hire those humans again?

((To serve you as cannon fodder, of course!))
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2018, 11:22:17 am »

Go find a dairy to buy milk from.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2018, 12:01:34 pm »

SCOWL.

"DO I LOOK LIKE A LOWLY MILK THIEF TO YOU?! I RESENT YOUR IMPLICATION, SIR!"

LEAVE THE WATCHMAN'S VICINITY IN A HUFF.
THEN GO MAKE SOME ENQUIRIES ABOUT BUYING A CART OR WAGON WHILST I AM IN TOWN. AND PERHAPS SOMETHING OTHER THAN MYSELF TO PULL IT
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2018, 10:30:07 pm »

Turn 4

Once Anna spotted the unsuspecting creature, which looks like a sort of Spore Carrier with a weird, alien shape of ears. She assumed that it is actually one of the very first victims of the FEV tests, who escaped the labs... which is really confusing, considering the settlements she has seen so far don't even look like pre-War America! She stopped trying to guess the origin of the creature and uses the moment to pull out her silenced sniper rifle...

Pop the creature's head with my sniper rifle. Stealthy style!
Once the FEV victim is dead, look for the other ambushers while looking into the sniper sight. Don't shoot them, yet. Nah, kill all the FEV victims I'll spot.

1+1 for ambush vs 1

The creature glances over its shoulder just as your scope settles on its head. It wheels about at the last second and you shoot it through the shoulder. The wand falls from its hand as the creature tries to scramble back.

"Yes his fall dirtied my cloak. Would you tell me where I can acquire milk?"

The farmer scratches his chin for a moment before answering. "You know, I heard that there's a good supply in the old castle by Moorsburg. Is that helpful? I'm not sure if we still have any, there was apparently a milk thief recently."

Try to convince other players to head on up, and quickly pop out to the shops to buy some milk.
(I can't really let you just roll to control other player's characters like that.)
4 for going to the shops.

You put up a flier advertising the "spider quest" and head out to the nearest village. The trip is quick and uneventful, and you find a stall with a dairy farmer offering his last milk for the day.

Go find a dairy to buy milk from.

Since Moorsburg doesn't have any milk, you head over to the nearest village to buy some more. Arriving at the same time as Cormac, you also find the merchant with the last milk of the day.

So, Random kind of made my quest futile. Not matter, in this game, we'll just end up summoning a new holy grail eventually, or going on a quest to steal the milk back from the unholy pail. Though if ATHATH makes a "holy grail" I'm shooting it.

Start our quest!
So, Random kind of made my quest futile. Not matter, in this game, we'll just end up summoning a new holy grail eventually, or going on a quest to steal the milk back from the unholy pail. Though if ATHATH makes a "holy grail" I'm shooting it.

Start our quest!
Um, yeah. What he said.

You try to leave the pub, but as you exit, Adam accidentally bumps the leader of an all barbarian adventuring party with eight members. "HEY! YOU NO TOUCH GROGNAR THE MIGHTY! I SHOULD SMASH YOU, PUNY WEAKLING!" Adam considers what to do about this, but then GROGNAR spots a slight smirk on Aaron's face. He howls and throws a punch at him, which Aaron casually sidesteps.

Roll over rat and crush it with my newly found holy strenght. It's clearly some sort of demonic rat, so I might gain a bonus against it if I use myself as a weapon.

5 to get bonus, 5+2 for holy -1 for rat's prior advantage vs 3

The rat continues to squeak and sit on you as you draw up your reserves of holy strength. The rat then lets its guard down for a moment. It chose...poorly. You launch into the air, striking the rat in the face and rolling it back about a foot. It looks about in confusion and begins to dart away into the bushes. You also become aware of a commotion starting in the nearby pub.

Name:Stormslayer
Description: A large beetle monster with greenish-blue chitin, roughly the size of a cow.
Why do you want milk? To feed the larva. It's easier than getting them meat.
Go looking for something to feed the larva with so they don't starve while I look for milk.

Awareness. There is light. It is time to feed your young. You clamber out into the forest on six legs and search scent trails in search of meat to kill and return. After some searching, you carefully look under a bridge to find a large, hairy humanoid with claws and a bone club. 1 for troll to spot you. It hasn't noticed you, and in fact appears to be about to take a nap.

Quickly fill a bucket with water and bless it and make it in to holy water, then run to the milk and pour it in and cleanse it.

5, 3+1 for great holy water.

You produce a bucket of holy water with the flourish of any great stage magician and the purity of a saint. It's really something to see. After that, you rush outside and dump the holy water into the Entropy Milk. It tries to devour the holy water, but the righteous light of the water will not abide that. The milk sizzles as its own nature is reversed and devours itself out of existence. All that remains of it is a crack in the ground and the two serpents who already left.

SCOWL.

"DO I LOOK LIKE A LOWLY MILK THIEF TO YOU?! I RESENT YOUR IMPLICATION, SIR!"

LEAVE THE WATCHMAN'S VICINITY IN A HUFF.
THEN GO MAKE SOME ENQUIRIES ABOUT BUYING A CART OR WAGON WHILST I AM IN TOWN. AND PERHAPS SOMETHING OTHER THAN MYSELF TO PULL IT

You storm away from the watchman and go looking for a cart. Unfortunately, they're all a bit out of your price range. Your work and the cost of flesh golem ingredients has left a dent in your personal finances.

OOC notes:Any suggestions for the name of the other village?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 10:38:49 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2018, 11:21:44 pm »

Angelic half says punish Grognar
Demonic half says kill Grognar
Dragon god behind me says to screw with Grognar
I wonder what I'll do

With a flick of my wrist and a puff of smoke, Grognar is tied to a spinning wheel. Multiple knives float in the air before me pointed at the wheel, ready to fly at it with a flick of my wrist. (It's the spinning wheel knife throwing act you see at magic shows and circuses.)

"That was a mistake on your part Thog."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2018, 11:30:00 pm »

"YOU LITTLE SHIT! THAT WAS MY BEST EXPERIMENT YET!

Goatsby BLEATS yells in anger and sics the Entropy Serpents on Harold, simultaneously providing support to them via a wave of precisely aimed magic missiles.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2018, 12:19:34 am »

Anna goes for another shot, but this time she'll use VATS assistance for a better accuracy...

Activate VATS assistance (get a bonus to attack, if I'm successful).
Kill the mutant via headshot, then look for the other hiding mutants to shoot at.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2018, 12:50:32 am »

Purchase Milk and head back to the Pub.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53