Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150824 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 6)
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2018, 05:31:48 pm »

Hello V, did Roy beat Xykon yet?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 6)
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2018, 02:30:19 am »

BITE MY FIST TO STIFLE A MANIACAL CACKLE FROM ALL THE EXCITEMENT.
THEN BEGIN ATTEMPTING TO START IT UP. USE THE POWER OF SCIENCE... MAD SCIENCE.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 7)
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2018, 12:51:15 am »

Turn 7

Anna has officially seen it all: Milk geysers, pointy-eared mutants, mutants who are able to disguise as completely human, mutant-buildings with spider legs controlled by a said disguised mutant. Seeing the said mutant-building abomination, she decided to use a pretty old but well-working tactic: Running away, then setting up a trap!

Run away from the mutant-building, hopefully giving me a time to set up a trap.
Set up a frag mine trap to blow some of the mutant's legs off, then finish the wounded mutant-buildings with an incendiary grenade right into the door!
If I'll have no time to set up a trap (the spider-hut manages to keep with me in speed, for example), pull out an Anti-Material Rifle and shoot an incendiary bullet into Margaret's chest!

EDIT: Editing the actions and adding the new ones as well.

5 to escape, 6+2 vs 1 to ambush hut, 2 for Margaret's escape.

You vanish into the swamp in an instant, taking occasional potshots at the hut to let it know where to go. After a merry chase, the hut whirls and scrabbles into a clearing. You're standing out in the open with a grin and a rifle at the ready. Margaret snarls at the spider-hut to tear you open and save the heart. In compliance, the house mutant rushes forward. It's forelegs rise to finish you off, but where a mundane mutant might roar there is only the cacophony of frag mines beeping. A dozen thudding blasts shred the hut and send it sliding toward you as Margaret clings to the doorframe. A final incendiary grenade through the door ends it. The hut's wreckage comes to a halt as Margaret falls face forward into the mud. She gags and coughs on the smoke before looking up at you. "Perhaps...perhaps we should call it a draw, yes?"

Nod at the king and gallop towards the Lord Saxon's Castle. 

You make it to the castle after a quick ride. The castle itself is atop a large hill, and a gargoyle is perched ominously over the front gate. Somehow you suspect it isn't a mere statue.

use my superior grip to get on top of their head and back, then begin biting at their arms to render the troll less dangerous.

1 vs 4-1

You try to get atop the troll and cripple it, but it manages to get good leverage on you from there. It lifts you up and tosses you to the side. You clamber about for a moment and manage to get back on your feet as the troll waves its club.

I will find an empty milk bottle and as quitely and sneaky as possible trade out the bottles. If he awakes at anytime during this, I tell him there has been a recall on milk in this region because of mad cow disease.

You sneak up and swap out the bottles. When you do this, the mangy dog growls and wakes its master. He's initially furious, but buys your explanation about the mad cow disease and thanks you for removing the tainted milk. You have acquired a milk bottle.

YOU WIN THE GAME!!!

What do you do next?

Name: Vaarsuvius
Description: Typical D&D High Elf. Pointed ears, violet hair. Is a 16th level wizard. Is wearing a red wizard's robe.
Why do you want milk? So that I may use it to attain ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!

Casts Locate Object while focusing on a milk bottle, gaining knowledge of the location of the closest milk bottle.

You bring your prodigious arcane will to bear on finding the beverage you seek. Initially, you can't sense any bottles within 1040 feet of your location. You are once again confronted with an annoying mental reminder that you can't just cast Teleport to visit a larger town. However, you soon sense a bottle has entered the radius! It's currently about three feet off the ground in front of the local inn, 85 feet from your current location.

That reminds me that some species of spiders produce milk. I will create some anti-toxin in preparation for my quest for spiders.

You decide to go milk some spiders. You'll need to go after a giant spider if you want to get a reasonable amount of milk without a prohibitive amount of time and effort. You try mixing up some giant spider antivenom, but the resulting mixure curdles with a foul smoke. This potion will be of no use, aside from perhaps inducing nonmagical feelings of nausea.

BITE MY FIST TO STIFLE A MANIACAL CACKLE FROM ALL THE EXCITEMENT.
THEN BEGIN ATTEMPTING TO START IT UP. USE THE POWER OF SCIENCE... MAD SCIENCE.   

As you inspect the controls, you think to yourself "If I were dangerously obsessed with machines instead of reviving the dead, where would I put the activation button?" You push a promising looking button with this in mind. The machine hisses and snaps to life and jets of steam vent from tubes in the back. A steering wheel folds out to greet you. You fail to suppress a small cackle.

"YOU STAND BEFORE THE GREAT GERALD G. GOATSBY, HOLY-MAN. YOU'VE DESTROYED MY GREATEST PROJECT TO DATE. WHAT SAY YOU IN YOUR DEFENCE?"

Aggressively seize the priest by his throat. Be ready to weave some serious explosive magic if he tries anything. Tell my sneks to watch him.
1 vs 3 for you attacking Harold, 1 vs 6 for snakes.
Stab Goatsby with my crucifix as he is a crazed individual that's going around summoning demons.
1 vs 1

Harold and Goatsby lunge at each other with a sharpened crucifix and glowing red magic spells respectively. Neither was quite ready for a melee fight just yet, apparently. They mostly just flail around at each other for a bit. However, a serpent approaches to aid its master and gets an accidental crucifix stab to the chest for its trouble. The serpent recoils with acidic milk blood marring the ground beneath it.

You don’t want to get thrown, you piss off. Got it?
If he doesn’t run away, pummel him into submission or death, whichever comes first.
1 vs 3-1
(It was at this point that I got sick of all these 1's and started rolling a physical D6 for the rest of the actions this turn. This is less meaningful from you people's perspective, since I rearranged the actions. But to be clear, it was the sixth 1.)
Heal thyself(use powers to heal my arm.)

My rolls have been really crappy.
3+1 for Grail's assist.
Cast a heal miracle and cure the wounds of me and my new allies.
Quote from: Adventurers
Get him while he's down!
4 vs 5-1
Quote from: GROGNAR
MIGHTY!!!!
2-1 vs 6 against Aaron.

Adam steps away from the fight to try and replace his severed arm. Initially, the limb comes out twisted and demonic, but then Adam's attention is drawn to the somehow regal-looking mug on the ground. The Grail Mug glows with its own light and reforms Adam's arm into a healthy state while also fixing its own damage.

Meanwhile, GROGNAR gets back up, defiantly shouting his name and ignoring Aaron's warning. The adventurers rush forward, but are unable to land any serious blows. At least they survive. GROGNAR ultimately just leaps over their heads toward Aaron. The dragon god rushes forward to meet him. Aaron tries to beat down GROGNAR, but the barbarian dodges the blows and gets a grip on Aaron's armor. "NOW WE SEE HOW YOU LIKE GETTING THROWN, PUNY DRAGONMAN!" GROGNAR tosses Aaron back and the god's exit from the building smashes the front door off its hinges in the process. GROGNAR marches forward, laughing manically as Aaron recovers. In fact, he's laughing so hard that he doesn't see the punch incoming before it lands squarely on his chin and launches him into the sky. If GROGNAR survived that, it'll be a while until you see him again.

And then Cormac finally comes back and sees the damage.

Go home with MAGIC!

Alright. You didn't want to use these powers, but nobody's watching and you really don't want to be in the woods by nightfall. You take a quick look around and teleport back to the outskirts of your village before returning to the pub. When you get there, it's been trashed by no less than three divine beings and four adventurers having a massive brawl with GROGNAR. Through the now-empty doorframe, you can see a massive hole in the back and what looks like a severed arm on the ground beyond. There are also a bunch of unconscious barbarians scattered around.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 12:54:24 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2018, 01:17:59 am »

GET! OUT! OF! MY! BAR! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!
Jesus christ people, I went out for five minutes to fetch some milk, and this is what you people do to my bar room...
Start to clean up the bar. Use magic only if nessecary. Remove Barbarian bodies in the river, and once finished, close it up for the day, and settle down for a nice cup of Ice Cold Milk. Also, Fine Adam. I don't care how divine of an entity he is, he's not getting away with destroying the bar.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:49:56 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2018, 01:24:10 am »

Anna puts her sniper rifle away as she slowly walks towards Margaret. She looks down at Margaret and spits at her. "You'll not fool anyone ever again, mutant. It's time to pay for your misdeeds..." After saying this, Anna pulls out her Ripper to finish Margaret off.

Cut her head in half, then go back to the Moorsburg.
Find a cow and milk it. If there's no cow, travel to the nearby villages to search for cows.
If I successfully milk a cow, drink the milk and win the game.

EDIT: Damn, how did I failed to notice that I wrote "at" instead of "and"?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:17:14 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2018, 01:43:19 am »

"BASTARD!"

Attempt to transmute Harold's blood into bullet ants. That'll show that holy-man why he shouldn't be hurting my snek children.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2018, 03:17:09 am »

Try and stab Goatsby with the crucifix again, if that doesn't work try and get god to smite him.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2018, 05:34:36 am »

Advance to the castle and knock on the door or ring the bell if they have these.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2018, 05:38:03 am »

The Barbarian started this fight, we simply ended it, but fine, I'll fix this.

Fix the bar room with magic.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:39:46 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2018, 05:54:47 am »

Remind me, who was Cormac?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2018, 05:57:20 am »

Remind me, who was Cormac?
Imic

Also, just because Aaron shoryukened Grognar into the atmosphere, doesn't make that idiotic barbarian any less responsible. You should find him.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:14:08 am by Smoke Mirrors »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2018, 06:17:48 am »

Ah. Ok.
Pay Cormac something in the vein of 50 platinum coins. That should cover it all, right?

I'm just going to go off the Terraria currency system.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2018, 07:32:22 am »

Meditate. Focus really hard and try to find the direction in which the Unholy Pail has it's lair and my stolen sacred milk.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2018, 09:18:51 am »

Go home and start making cheese.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2018, 09:39:57 am »

bait the troll into charging me, then dodge out of the way and bite at it's arms and legs again. Immobilise it!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53