Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150580 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 9)
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2018, 11:04:46 am »

Odds are we have to destroy the threat to progress.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2018, 11:10:42 am »

Remember whether or not I prepared Suggestion.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2018, 12:12:47 pm »

It'll heal, attack with the frenzy of an angry injured insect!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2018, 01:23:15 pm »

"This wi
ll be harder than I thought."

>Grab
a crossbow and skewer the guards before stealthily extr[/sub]acting the [/color]milk. If the alarm is raised, give the reinforcements hell.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:36:11 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2018, 02:55:07 pm »

"This will be harder than I thought."

>Grab a crossbow and skewer the guards before stealthily extracting the milk. If the alarm is raised, give the reinforcements hell.

Could you bold your actions, please? It will make it easier for me to notice them when writing turns.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2018, 03:34:37 pm »

>Grab a crossbow and skewer the guards before stealthily extracting the milk. If the alarm is raised, give the reinforcements hell.
Could you bold your actions, please? It will make it easier for me to notice them when writing turns.

ok fun police
it's over

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2018, 03:40:37 pm »

ok fun police
That's G.M. F.P. E.P. to you, mister!
:P
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2018, 05:24:16 pm »

ok fun police
That's G.M. F.P. E.P. to you, mister!
:P

Game Master Fun Police what?
it's over

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2018, 05:37:50 pm »

ENEMY POST
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2018, 05:40:42 pm »

ENEMY POST

ALWAYS ALL CAPS. IS THE MINIMALIST WAY.
---------------------------------------------------
"REALLY? UGH. NOW THIS IS JUST DRAGGING ON AND ON AND... I'M A BUSY GOAT MAN, YOU KNOW!"

DISINTEGRATE THE PRIEST. FAILING THAT, TELEPORT MYSELF AND MY TWO SNEKS TO A SAFE LOCATION.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2018, 08:33:35 pm »

The perfect weapon for me... something lightweight and precise. A rapier is more my style, but if they don't have those, a shortsword will do.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:59:07 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2018, 03:36:37 pm »

LET OUT A YELP OF DISMAY
RESIST PANIC

THEN BEGIN INSPECTING THE VEHICLE'S DAMAGED PARTS. MAKE PLANS TO REPAIR IT... BETTER THAN EVER! WITH SPIKES! MUAHAHA.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 10)
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2018, 02:06:13 pm »

Turn 10

Equip my emergency crucifix and charge at Goatsby, and stab him.
4-1 vs 5
ENEMY POST

ALWAYS ALL CAPS. IS THE MINIMALIST WAY.
---------------------------------------------------
"REALLY? UGH. NOW THIS IS JUST DRAGGING ON AND ON AND... I'M A BUSY GOAT MAN, YOU KNOW!"

DISINTEGRATE THE PRIEST. FAILING THAT, TELEPORT MYSELF AND MY TWO SNEKS TO A SAFE LOCATION.
4 vs 2-2,4
Quote from: Snakes vs Arm
(Fighting)
4 vs 4
(Init:Zultan.)

The properly prepared priest always carries a backup crucifix. Harold flicks his wrist and his backup sacramental drops down and folds out into position. The tiny sharpened point slides from its sheath and glimmers at one end. Harold charges Goatsby, but the goat actual human casually sidesteps due to Harold's earlier injury. Goatsby then unleashes a final wave of Entropy Milk. This is finally too much for Harold, knocking him back into a wall. He doesn't disintegrate, but doesn't seem to be moving. Victorious, Goatsby waves his serpents away from their stalemate against the arm and teleports away.

Goatsby:You appear in the catacombs of your secret society. Skulls of men and goats line the walls as torches flicker. The serpents glance about and flick their tongues in curiosity.

Harold:You awake a bit later as Adam's arm pokes you. Goatsby seems to have left. At least the potentially world-ending milk is gone.

throw the gargoyle into the moat. let's see if stone can swim.
6 vs 2-1
Quote from: Gargoyle
Arg.
1-2 vs 2
(Init:Ziizo)

While the gargoyle is off balance, you drop kick it in the gut. The monster tips over and crashes into the moat with a resounding splash. The creature looks up at you with a cold resignation as it sinks into the moat. You have defeated the gargoyle and the way into the castle is now unguarded.

Anna thanks the blacksmith for letting her work as an apprentice. She notices that the blacksmith is suspicious of her, so Anna explains him her (fake) story: "I've came here from a continent to the West, across the Atlantic Ocean. I'm a citizen of an extremely advanced country called Republic of Nevada, where technology is advanced enough to be almost indistinguishable from the most complex magic. We have mechanical limbs and organs, advanced medicine, weaponry which can shoot scorching beams or green globs, capable of melting everything that moves..." Anna keeps talking about technology, and when she finally stops, she says, "...Unfortunately, our great republic almost got destroyed by a 5 years long civil war, and we only started the repopulation and surrounding exploration program a month ago. As for how I came here," says Anna while rubbing her forehead, "Uh... Looks like I suffer from a slight memory loss. That's one of the negative symptoms of using the teleport technology I've mentioned."

Anna tells the blacksmith that her name is 'Adelina Moffscrut' before finally leaving him to buy the cow.

Buy a cow and personally apologize to the farmer.
Since people consider me a foreigner, ask questions like, "Who's the local ruler?", "What country I'm in?", "Where's the capital of this country?".
Ask the villagers if they need help with bandits or any other threats.

5 to placate blacksmith, 3 for quest-searching. 2+1 to buy cow.

You successfully convince the blacksmith to leave you alone. Then you purchase the cow with your earnings. It takes all your money, but you have the cow. You ask around to see if anyone needs your assistance against raiders or monsters. Nobody has anything particularly interesting at the moment. A shopkeeper asks you to collect 50 foxglove flowers. You also ask about where you are in the world. You gather that this is England. The official current ruler is King Richard, but he is away on the Third Crusade. Local power is divided between several factions, notably Prince John.

At about this time, a band of adventurers enters the village. Along with some human mercenaries, there's what looks a bit like a human-deathclaw hybrid, a well-dressed human with a sword, and oddly enough an animated mug. They seek you out specifically.

Alright, let’s get going to that Neighboring Village and see about some lady with a sign who probably came from some desert or volcanic location.
As Glass said collect up the adventurers and the grail and go find Anna.
Roll and try to guide everyone to the Neighboring Village. Try to find the foreign woman from dust and fire.
Say that I don't know how I'm related to all these 'Holy Grails' and 'Unholy Pails' of yours. I'm simply a foreigner from an advanced nation.
Unless the village elder will say that the village has no threats, I shall refuse to come along with the party until I destroy the threat.

(Action prevented by circumstance, so no roll needed.)

The trip goes perfectly. Through possible divine intervention or just very good luck, you have an easy journey to the other village and find a woman who seems to fit your description. She seems generally confused about the situation.

Remember whether or not I prepared Suggestion.

You did in fact prepare Suggestion. However, you accidentally cast it earlier while thinking "I should prepare sufficient castings of Suggestion." All of your third and fourth level spells for today are Suggestion.

It'll heal, attack with the frenzy of an angry injured insect!
5 to go into angry frenzy, 5+1 vs 4
Quote from: Troll
Roar!
2-1 vs 5+1
(Init:Stormslayer)

The troll to revel in its strength, and says something suitably taunting. You are unaffected by the taunting because you're a bug. You pounce at him in a brief frenzy. There is shouting, there is blood, and then there is quiet. You rise up to find yourself standing over a dead troll.

"This wi
ll be harder than I thought."

>Grab
a crossbow and skewer the guards before stealthily extr[/sub]acting the [/color]milk. If the alarm is raised, give the reinforcements hell.
(Well, at least that style is easy to notice. The office of G.M.F.P.E.P approves.)
5 for stealth, 5+2 vs 2

You slip by like a ninja, picking off guards with your crossbow. You then climb a tree and deftly scale the remainder of the wall with crossbow bolts as improvised pitons. On the other side, you're standing on the roof of a storehouse. This seems to be a likely place for storing milk.

The perfect weapon for me... something lightweight and precise. A rapier is more my style, but if they don't have those, a shortsword will do.

They do in fact have a rapier. It's a fine sword, with a gilded hilt and a slightly reinforced blade. It will serve your purposes well. (+1 on fighting spiders with this sword.)

LET OUT A YELP OF DISMAY
RESIST PANIC

THEN BEGIN INSPECTING THE VEHICLE'S DAMAGED PARTS. MAKE PLANS TO REPAIR IT... BETTER THAN EVER! WITH SPIKES! MUAHAHA.

You begin rebuilding and weaponizing the wagon. You rebuild the thing in accordance with your own mad designs. The wagon now randomly gives -2 to +2 on any action taken while riding it. It also has spikes.

OOC:Sorry for the late update, the forum was down last afternoon.

Goatsby won the fight against Harold because Harold was on -3 on combat checks.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:34:10 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2018, 02:20:13 pm »

Duck into an unobserved alley and cast Disguise Self on myself, appearing to become a completely different elf.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2018, 02:45:33 pm »

politely knock on the door of the castle.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53