Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 148376 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2:Doom Mug (Turn 13)
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2018, 07:48:45 pm »

The fact that we can say that like someone would say "my dog tried to eat my stake again" amuses me.
DO VAMPIRE HUNTERS USUALLY KEEP DOGS?
EITHER WAY, THESE NERDS AND THEIR MUGS ARE NOT MY CONCERN
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2018, 08:19:54 pm »

Attempt to terraform the area into something more chaotic and entropic. Something a lunatic like me would find amusing/useful.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 09, 2018, 02:36:01 pm »

"He tried to grab the milk out of my hand, he said he needed it to stop some sort of "DOOM MUG". There's not really much else to say." If they have no questions, I leave.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 09, 2018, 08:52:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh look, a Dooooooom Mug.
Good thing we know how to deal with those.

To the rest of the party:Hey guys, can you handle these, I have to go stop my archenemy from destroying the world with a giant mug of milk.

Fly up into orbit near the DOOM MUG and banish the it and both ATHATHs to the elder plain.
"Ugh. My supposed 'archenemy' (since when were you my archenemy?) can't even spell the name of where he's trying to banish me to correctly."

The fact that we can say that like someone would say "my dog tried to eat my stake again" amuses me. It also unfortunately might keep me from really doing my job, as last time I was too busy saving the world to do what I wanted to.
"Honestly, I didn't even want to do the whole 'DOOOOOOOM MUUUUUUUUUUUG' thing again. I figured that this time, I'd settle for a giant ethereal bowl that would rip peoples' souls out of their bodies as it passed through them, casting a curse that would prevent respawns, adding complexity to this game until people like me couldn't pull 'DOOOOOOOOOOM MUUUUUUUUUUUUG' !@#$ like this without spending more time and effort, or just actually aiding my summoners. Unfortunately, the other ATHATH here kind of threw a wrench in those plans, and since people are already attempting to lynch me, I suppose I'm going to have to stick with what I'm investing in right now (improving the other ATHATH's Doom Mug (as distinct from a DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG))."

Honestly, as the one of us who goes toe to toe with ATHATH on a regular basis and has divine and infernal conections, I think I make the best pick for shutting ATHATH up.
"A 'regular basis'? What? You've fought me only once before now."

The fact that we can say that like someone would say "my dog tried to eat my stake again" amuses me.
DO VAMPIRE HUNTERS USUALLY KEEP DOGS?
EITHER WAY, THESE NERDS AND THEIR MUGS ARE NOT MY CONCERN
"Nice. See, this is a guy that I can respect. He, unlike you, pawn of Patron Smoke Mirrors, has wit."

Angelo is an Angel, Diablo is a demon, and Adam is a Nephilim, an angel/demon hybrid.
"Wait, now your servant is a half-demon, half-angel in addition to hosting a demon and an angel within him? Your creation is getting more snowflakey by the minute."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 08:54:20 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 12)
« Reply #289 on: May 09, 2018, 08:57:47 pm »

It's telepathy, ATHATH is in Goatsby's catacombs.
Wait, I thought that IC-ATHATH was communicating via meta-communication (which is why he can communicate and respond directly to us forumites and characters who (whom?) he's never met before now).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:01:33 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2018, 09:05:00 pm »

Sorry, I guess I just thought it was what you, SM, and FoU were implying. Something like telepathy at least.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 09, 2018, 09:08:12 pm »

ATHATH, this is a minimalism game. Chron is the dragon god of luck who can turn into a ghost or a shadow and wields two weapons of ungodly power. Also, as the guy who stopped both of your prior doom mugs from destroying the earth, I've dealt with you the most.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 09, 2018, 09:34:51 pm »

ATHATH, this is a minimalism game. Chron is the dragon god of luck who can turn into a ghost or a shadow and wields two weapons of ungodly power. Also, as the guy who stopped both of your prior doom mugs from destroying the earth, I've dealt with you the most.
Would Chron happen to be short for "Chroniqler" (yes, that was the way that he spelled his name), by any chance?

He isn't in the PC or the NPC list, at any rate.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 09, 2018, 09:37:00 pm »

Glass, I meant Glass.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 09, 2018, 09:44:43 pm »

o/

I see you've read the blurb under my account pic.

And SM was describing what Aaron Blaze is. Go read Undead Hunt.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 14)
« Reply #295 on: May 09, 2018, 11:33:33 pm »

Turn 14

Use Doctor's Bag to heal myself.
Use Anti-Materiel Rifle to help my companions. Hopefully the house has a window or two to shoot from.

3, 4 vs 2-2
Clean up the rest of the Undead. I tire of this tedious uprising.
4 vs 5-2
Roll around in the house, trying to find something useful to stop the skeleton problem.

If there's nothing, use prayer energy to create an unbreakable light barrier that stops skeletons, ghosts, monsters, zombies, imps, undead, skeletons, demons, revenants, beasts, ghouls, phantoms, pails and skeletons from entering the house.

(I just want to say that attempting to specifically prevent pails was pretty funny.)
3, 1
(Skeletons)
2-2 vs 3
(Adventurers)
6 vs 2-2
(Cow)
6 vs 4-2

As Adam flies off to deal with the new threat, the others continue the battle against the skeletons. The undead horde is clearly weakened by their recent casualties. Anna mostly fixes up her injuries, but keeps some scars. The Mug tries to create a barrier, but instead causes the affected targets to be drawn to the house. In the end it doesn't matter. With superior power and tactics, Aaron, Anna, and the minions wipe out the skeletons. The last crippled undead tries to crawl away only for the cow to crush its spine and unleash a triumphant moo.

I know a dramatic cue when I see one.
Accept my newfound heroic destiny. Use the advantage I created to fight that spider!

3+1 vs 6-1

Unfortunately the spider views this as a more revenge/tragic hero story against the woman who killed its mate. The thing pounces you and looms overhead with its fangs dripping venom.

"He tried to grab the milk out of my hand, he said he needed it to stop some sort of "DOOM MUG". There's not really much else to say." If they have no questions, I leave.

The guards seem to believe your story. Since milk-grabbing isn't actually a major crime, they let you go. Most of the guards leave as well, aside for one.

Panic.
Uuuuuuhhhhhh
EVERYONE! THERE IS A GIANT DOOM MUG FALLING ON US! RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN! I REPEAT, RUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
Gather everything I own that I can carry, and run as far away as possible. Tuck the time machine blueprints and auxiliary controls into a very safe pocket.

You try to flee, but a guard grabs your shoulder as you go for the door. "Whoa there friend, you seem a bit...confused. Are you alright? Perhaps you should sit down for a moment."

who shot me? Find them, grab em with my forelimbs, and give em a good thrashing to teach em not to mess with a giant beetle!
3, 4-2 (Injury+poor roll on finding him) vs 1
(0cra:Auto-self defense roll.)
1-1 vs 5-1
(Init:Stormslayer)

You scramble up the wall. Your wound enrages and confuses you, but you find the target. It bounces another bolt harmlessly off your armor as you grab it, shake it, and toss it aside. The creature looks wounded now.

start climbing the wall I have to get to the top. /b]

You climb loudly up the chute, dislodging old muck and rot as you go. A fallen rock hits the water as you reach the top. Whatever was splashing around down there, you can clearly hear it now rushing toward the bottom of the chute.

"I told everyone this would happen but they didn't believe me, and now there is a giant mug falling from the sky. I must act quickly or else we all might die."

Find out the location of the secret catacomb lair and go there.

1, 6

You follow leads as hard as you can. After a wild and lengthy adventure involving bandits, Knight Templars, the nobility, princesses, Saladin, and even a venture into the halls of the King himself, you finally track down the heart of a sinister plot in the halls of power. However, it just turns out to be a plot by Prince John to seize land in northern France. It didn't help you find the milk-cult at all, what a waste of time.

Go drink at the nearest tavern
"So! Any problems with thieves and bandits here? I BARON BARON VON BARON OF HOUSE BARON shall help if so!"

It turns out the tavern is closed at the moment. The owner is inside with one guard. The owner seems panicked and the guard seems confused.

ASSUMING NOTHING NOTICEABLE OR THREATENING HAS HAPPENED IN MY IMMEDIATE VICINITY OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF TURNS (IT A BIT SPAMMY, I NOT HAVE TIME TO MAKE SURE) , SCOUT AROUND IN FOREST FOR MATERIALS I MIGHT USE TO FORTIFY MY SPOOKY MANOR HOUSE

You find a pack of bears roaming freely. You briefly prepare to defend yourself, but then you notice the colorful garb on the bears. From that and the snapped ropes trailing from their necks, you can tell that these must be trained bears escaped from some carnival troupe. The bears seem somewhat lost and hungry.

Attempt to terraform the area into something more chaotic and entropic. Something a lunatic like me would find amusing/useful.

The terrain around you turns into a colorful but surreal Tim Burton dreamscape. You can expect help from the landscape itself as long as you're in this area and the local creatures are able to provide it.

"This is what comes of opposing me, the true ATHATH!"

While the DOOM MUG falls, work on summoning a rain of MINI-MUGS above the false ATHATH's position. Naturally they should explode.

6 vs 5

As the Doom Mug continues toward the other ATHATH, you send down your bombardment of MINI-MUGS. You sense they hit him, but didn't do much damage.

"What in the Hells is this pathetic thing? It's got flaws all over it, and it doesn't even have a method of autonomous propulsion. Also, it looks ugly as sin. Here, let me turn it into a REAL DOOOOOOOOOM MUUUUUUUUG for you."

Improve the False ATHATH's DOOM MUG (he didn't even put more than two "o"s in its name) for him. Perhaps this can signal the start of an alliance or friendship (or a contest of DOOOOOOOOOM MUUUUUUUUUG improvement one-upmanship) between us.

You try to improve the Doom Mug, but then the other ATHATH bombards you with normal-sized exploding mugs and disrupts the spell.

Oh look, a Dooooooom Mug.
Good thing we know how to deal with those.

To the rest of the party:Hey guys, can you handle these, I have to go stop my archenemy from destroying the world with a giant mug of milk.

Fly up into orbit near the DOOM MUG and banish the it and both ATHATHs to the elder plain.

You try to save the world, but it doesn't seem to be that easy. You aren't able to affect that many targets at once right now. Maybe it's leftover damage from ATHATH's attack on your soul earlier.

10 turns to apocalyptic DOOM MUG impact.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2:Doom Mug (Turn 14)
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2018, 12:20:54 am »

Politely inform him that I'm okay, and that I suddenly remembered that my third cpusin had invited me over, and that I need to go there now.
Pack up as I described before then run in any direction that concievably leads away.
Try to find mountains.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2018, 02:04:57 am »

I hope I can survive this...
No choice but to fight from this position. Stab the spider in the stomach.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:21:56 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2018, 05:26:42 am »

Run to the top tower closing every door behind me
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2018, 06:57:44 am »

Use holy magic to cast a guidance miracle to find the path we must follow in our quest.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53