Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150124 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 14)
« Reply #315 on: May 10, 2018, 04:09:01 pm »

Actually the evil twin thing will work if FoU rolls well enough.
He’s not making an evil twin of SM’s character, EP.
He wants to make an evil twin of SM.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2018, 04:20:19 pm »

Either way, he could try it. The exact result depends on his d6 roll.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 10, 2018, 04:35:48 pm »

Knock on the door. Demand that they tell me where the milk thieves are and to sell booze.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:18:49 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 10, 2018, 08:50:31 pm »

Actually the evil twin thing will work if FoU rolls well enough.
He’s not making an evil twin of SM’s character, EP.
He wants to make an evil twin of SM.

((I was under the impression this was Minimalism and Milk. Surely an action that weird isn't off limits? Aren't meta actions kind of a matter of when, not if, in minimalist RTD?))

Alright, good. Now use Conjuration magic to shape a Wizard Tower for me to reside within and perform rituals from.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 11, 2018, 01:58:40 am »

"Well, if you don't want any help improving your Doom Mug, I'm going to go and stop us all from getting erased from the timesteam."

Find the time machine plans and burn them to ashes with hellfire.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 11, 2018, 03:01:00 am »

This is becoming more and more confusing.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 11, 2018, 05:12:24 am »

Agreed.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 11, 2018, 02:29:26 pm »

Leave and head to my secret base.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2018, 02:32:56 pm »

Agreed.
Welcome to Minimalism and Milk. But I think you already knew that.
Just focus on your own character and you'll be mostly ok.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 11, 2018, 05:12:05 pm »

>Heal myself, ditch the crossbow for a charge rifle, and kick the giant bug's ass.
it's over

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2:Doom Mug (Turn 15)
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2018, 01:27:19 am »

Turn 15

I hope I can survive this...
No choice but to fight from this position. Stab the spider in the stomach.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Cool picture! I've always wanted to be able to draw, I'm just not willing to put in the time or effort to learn how.)
6(+1 for sword, -1 for previous hit) vs 5
(Spider)
3-1 vs 2
(Init:Cassandra)

Despite your disadvantageous position and the spider's lunging bites, you keep your cool and jab it repeatedly in the underbelly. The thing is forced to back off. It eyes you warily as it searches for an opportunity to attack.

*Edit, and then it falls over and dies. It just occurred to me that Dwayna's specialized sword that was created by two good rolls should be a bit better than it has been against its favored enemy.

Run to the top tower closing every door behind me

The monster in the dark thumps along the halls just behind you as you hurtle through the halls and rush up the stairs. You make it to the highest tower's entrance chamber and glance back to see a clawed hand coming around the corner. You slam the heavy door shut and drop a convenient padlock. You hear the thing scratch at the door and see a few tendrils feeling their way through the cracks. A chemical stench hangs in the air for a moment before the creature thumps away. The tallest tower is now open for you to explore. Several rooms look like promising targets.

Use holy magic to cast a guidance miracle to find the path we must follow in our quest.
Ride upon the cow into the Cave of Broken Mirrors.
Watch out for the traps.

4+1 for Grail.
Onwards toward that place we were going to!
3+1

The Grail's magic works perfectly. You lead your companions to the Cave quickly and efficiently. It's a pleasant trip after the skeleton battle, with good weather. The sunlight illuminates the Cave of Broken Mirrors clearly when you arrive. It looks like a large natural cave in a hillside augmented with later structures such as a carved arch over the entrance and a paved pathway within. One side of the path is lined with diverse statues of successful heroes and even a few villains at the height of their unique careers. The other side matches them with identical skulls on wooden stakes.

Anna rides the cow to the Cave. The helpful magic of the Grail heals her remaining wounds from the grenade. She is the first to enter the Cave astride her mighty proto-Brahmin. Her experienced Wastelander eye spots a textbook "greed" snare to the left of the door. A pile of gold glitters on a pedestal, but anyone who grabbed it would be crushed by a falling ceiling.

Aaron strolls up to the entrance. He almost gets sidetracked, but the Grail's magic leads him back. Aaron recognizes ancient carvings in an eldritch language on the entry's arch. They read: "Welcome. This is a place of testing for all those who would count themselves worthy of the Unholy Pail's gifts. Enter here, if you have the resolve to claim the prize. If not, another will be found."

Keep looking for the entrance to the catacombs.

You follow up on some old clues you had previously ignored as far-fetched. Eventually, you head into the swamp and find a crumbled old watchtower. Supposedly, this is one of the entrances to the catacombs. You're unable to easily enter, however. A squad of cultist guards with a minor milk demon are guarding the way in.

Knock on the door. Demand that they tell me where the milk thieves are and to sell booze.

You successfully knock on the door and voice your demands. The owner ignores you, grabs his possessions, and runs for the hills. The guard shrugs at you and leaves to rejoin his allies.

Alright, good. Now use Conjuration magic to shape a Wizard Tower for me to reside within and perform rituals from.

1+1

You try summoning a Wizard Tower. You get the first few floors done, but then one of your serpents hisses a warning. You realize at the last moment that the base had become unstable and the tower was toppling toward you. You don't get hit. A passing cloud in your Madness Zone snatches up the falling building with tendrils and then devours it before floating away. At the moment it leaves the Zone, you see the pieces of partially digested building fall into the distant ocean.

Try again.

Your spell still doesn't work. The Doom Mug continues its fatal descent toward the unsuspecting people below.

"Ah... it's you. I have something special in store for you..."
Summon up an Elder Doppleganger of Smoke Mirrors. Y'know, standard evil twin stuff.

I'll admit I'm kind of disappointed, after that buildup.

You try to conjure the doppleganger. It pops into existence with a blast of light and shadow, looking about in search of the original. The Anti-Adam draws its sword and begins to fly away. Before it can get far, the inherent contradictions and improbability of its existence get to it. The clone explodes on the horizon. Whoops.

"Well, if you don't want any help improving your Doom Mug, I'm going to go and stop us all from getting erased from the timesteam."

Find the time machine plans and burn them to ashes with hellfire.

You teleport to Cormac's presence, intent on preserving this specific instance of the timeline. You spot him and hurl an immediate fireball. It goes wide and alerts the terrified innkeeper to your presence. He looks very familiar.

Politely inform him that I'm okay, and that I suddenly remembered that my third cpusin had invited me over, and that I need to go there now.
Pack up as I described before then run in any direction that concievably leads away.
Try to find mountains.

You gather your things and run. You reach the hills and stop to catch your breath. It's then that a tree explodes ahead of you. You wheel around to see the same ATHATH you remember from your original timeline floating toward you. He looks much more evil now than back when you were both renting that house in Genericville.

Leave and head to my secret base.

You head to your "secret base". It's really just a camp outside town for now, but the name will be appropriate when you attain complete and total arcane power. You'll probably make some upgrades then.

>Heal myself, ditch the crossbow for a charge rifle, and kick the giant bug's ass.
6 to recover, 2 vs 5 to attack
(Stormslayer auto-defense)
4 vs 6-1
(Init:0rca)

0rca draws a rifle and casts a healing spell, but overshoots on the power. Stormslayer is healed too. 0rca charges in and almost gets mauled for the trouble. He's able to save himself by warding Stormslayer off with charge rifle shots as he backs up. Downstairs, the guards can be heard trying to get in and finish you both off while you're distracted with each other. (Guards:3) The door is audibly cracking, but isn't down yet.

9 turns to apocalyptic DOOM MUG impact.

OOC:
Agreed.

I hope it's the good kind of ridiculously confusing. I could do a recap update instead of a turn next time, if people want me to.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 01:52:40 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 15)
« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2018, 01:47:16 am »

That would be interesting to see, in my opinion.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2018, 07:27:04 am »

I’m good with that. Maybe after every 15 turns, you do a recap.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2018, 09:37:07 am »

Roll towards the entry and cast a sunlight spell to use as a light source. Continue onwards, being wary of traps.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2018, 09:57:19 am »

Check the purity of the milk to see how useful it will be.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53