Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 148341 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 17)
« Reply #375 on: May 18, 2018, 01:11:23 am »

Turn 17

"Why thank you! I think they'll prove very useful..."

Yell to ATHATH:
WHAT DO YOU WANT?! IF YOU WANT THE TIME MACHINE BLUEPRINTS, YOU CAN TAKE THE, AND DO WITH THEM WHAT YOU WILL!

Take the blueprints. Cast a spell of assembly to create the time machine.
FUCK YOU! THERE'S AN ATHATH IN FRONT OF ME, AND AN ATHATH FAR AWAY, AND YOU ARE NOT THE ONE CLOSE ENOUGH TO GET THESE BLUEPRINTS! IF YOU COME ANYWHERE NEAR THESE, I'L BURN THEM MYSELF!
Light a match, to show I mean business.
"I just want the blueprints and any existing time machines destroyed- I don't want to be wiped from the timestream again."

"You don't know how to make a time machine, do you? Don't worry, if you do, I'll just remove the knowledge of how to build it from your head instead of killing you."

Destroy the blueprints if I am given permission to.

What? Being a physical incarnation of evil and destruction doesn't mean that I can't approach things diplomatically.
Drop the blueprints on the ground.
I have no intention to do any such thing, I only wish to live a life. Take them, and do with them whatever you will.

(ATHATH destroying plans)3

Cormac surrenders the blueprints for the time machine and retreats into the woods. You approach the plans and pick them up. It's funny to think of the thing that once beat you as just a piece of paper now. The plans rip, shred, and burn in your grasp. Ultimately, you're standing alone in the forest as the last scraps of the blueprints float away, many trailing smoke.

Walk away from Moorsburg. Run if need be.

You drop the plans and bolt before ATHATH gets any more ideas about revenge. You soon put a good couple miles between yourself and Moorsburg. You pause to take a look around and find yourself in an idyllic forest glade. A herd of deer drinks from a lake, birds fly overhead, and it seems like violence and calamity have never known this place.

I'm a little worried what you people will do to it.

walk into the room sword ready to defend myself "Let me guess you are evil and I will have to fight you?"
5 on defense roll
(Lord Saxon's attack:2 vs 5+2)

The being wheezes a small chuckle as you draw your sword and issue your challenge. "Well, you could just surrender, young trespasser." He then lashes out with a fanged tentacle from his hands. You casually slice it away. Lord Saxon looks displeased and rises from his throne. He carefully places his drink down and pulls the sword free. The hounds snarl and charge.

Challenge the Past.
To the past! Honestly, I enjoyed my past. And besides, given its unchangeability, and the fact that we're all alive right now, it means that we physically cannot die while we're there.
Head on down to the cave to meat back up with my team.

Hey guys, what did I miss while I was stopping the apocalypse?
Challenge the past. If we're to face something eldritch and terrifying, then we'll face it together.

The Grail Team gets back together and walks into the testing chamber. The cow and the adventurers follow behind. The cavern seems to struggle for a moment to process the larger crowd than normal. Smoky visions briefly flicker and fade. The room briefly takes on the appearances of a radioactive desert, a ruined castle at the end of an age, the nexus of the afterlife, and the Pail's battle against the Grail. It even becomes a smelly stable for a moment.

Eventually, Anna and Adam seem to win some sort of subconscious battle of wills among the group. The chamber coalesces into a city in ruins. Piles of sand and red banners featuring a golden bull are everywhere, but seem a bit out of place. Anna recognizes the environment as an American city, but not one she's ever been to. A squad of four soldiers in masks accompanied by a brahmin are arranged in formation alongside a path that leads to a throne. On the throne sits a threatening amalgam of a creature. It looks like a combination of the Caesar that Anna once fought against and ATHATH's mutated undead form.

The voice isn't much like either, however. "Caesar-ATHATH" speaks. "So, you're all here. Before you die, you should know that this is a testing ground for those worthy of the Pail. Not a prize for 'righteous' sorts. You all mostly seem like fundamentally decent people. No offense meant, Diablo. If it were only you, you'd pass with flying colors. Anyway, your quest ends here, in an arena of your own memories. Better versions of you, superior and unfettered, will be the ones to see the Pail's castle. Please meet your betters before you die. I call them my Praetorian Guard."

Caesar-ATHATH raises a hand and new threats emerge. The first is Anna, but clad in Legionnaire equipment and bearing a ballistic fist. Then a dragon stalks in from around a corner. It looks like Aaron and matches his scale colors, but this dragon is feral and lacks any semblance of humanity. Another Grail rolls out off a table. This one looks like an ostentatious golden cup with onyx gems rather than the original's proper mug shape. The last looks like a dark shadow that splits the clouds. Adam Simon's duplicate lands at the head of the enemy troops and raises his swords for battle. Anti-Simons then promptly explodes. The others look on in surprise for a moment before charging while Caesar-ATHATH looks on from his throne.

Stab the cultists in the guts with my holy sword, also try and get the arm a weapon.

6-1 vs 3, 1
(Arm's attack)
6 vs 6-1

You run from cultist to cultist, nimbly dodging their attacks while giving each one of them a quick jab in the gut. The Arm chokes out one of the cultists from behind as you fight the others. You offer it the fallen guard's sword, but the Arm declines. Apparently, it prefers hand-to-hand combat.

Chug the bottle and leave some gold on the bar, if I have no monies search for monies and put them on the bar, then walk out into the night and see what Baron von Baron can find

6, 2

You drink your fill from the unattended ale. However, a Von Baron always pays their debts. The alcohol affects your counting ability a bit. You leave a good chunk of your money behind on the counter before walking out into the streets. (-1 to buying things.)

Unfortunately, you don't find anything really interesting right now. You do briefly meet a knight who rushes by on foot without so much as a greeting. You also spot what looks like a shooting star moving in line with a set of long, narrow clouds above you.

"Well... this is interesting. I'm a mug demon now... I think I like this. Thank you very much. Excuse me, I have a world to destroy."

Teleport into the Mug Dimension. Inside the Mug Dimension, begin a ritual to merge myself with the Mug Dimension.

You teleport to the Mug Dimension. The milky world lies before you for the taking. Before you can do anything, a portal opens underfoot and drops you upside down back in the regular world. It then flickers and disappears.

Create a ritual to summon a gateway to the Elemental Plane of Milk. Make sure to do so in a large valley that looks like it could use a lake.

You research your spell, take some time to prepare it in a spell slot left open for just such a purpose, and cast. It doesn't look like it did much to the valley. You know you sensed a gate open briefly and let an outsider through somewhere, but then it's gone.

Gather and mutate a shit ton of animals. I need some Tzeentchian monstrosities to form the ranks of my henchbeasts...

6+1

You gather and collect creatures. With the help of the Zone's magic, you work on the creatures like a mad artist. You do have to admit that some of your abominations are more experiments or flights of fancy than practical weapons. One of them in particular you decide to call the "platypus" and teleport a breeding population to some unfortunate continent. Still, you have a horde of impossible creatures waiting for orders when you're done.

Shoot the Readabilty SWAT with my charge rifle.

5-1 (For previous loss) vs 5

While you're reloading from the door attack, the police burst in and open fire. You catch a bolt in the abdomen. This isn't looking good for you. You're losing blood and illegibility by the moment.

OOC:I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by giving Grail Team a longer post than the others this time. I just finally figured out what to do with that cave right before the post was due and was having fun with it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:18:13 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 18, 2018, 05:33:13 am »

Kick a hound into the path of the other hound.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 18, 2018, 05:42:16 am »

Hooray for the precedent that anti-Adam's are impossible anomalies!
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 18, 2018, 05:51:57 am »

Ok.
On defense. Wait for one of these mates to make the first move; parry and counter. Make sure that counter is deadly, or at least crippling. A... crushing counterstrike, if you would.

EDIT: autocorrect turned "parry" into "party"...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:14:10 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 18, 2018, 07:12:47 am »

Enter the catacombs, have my holy sword ready for any enemies that could be inside and be vigilant and search for traps.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 18, 2018, 07:18:03 am »

Gold. That grail is made of gold.
Gold equals riches, riches equals greed, greed equals sin. Onyx gems are black, black equals darkness and darkness equals evil.

Loudly announce that that grail is a fake and evil servant of the devil himself (to get a holy bonus against it) and smite it with the power of God!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 18, 2018, 07:20:28 am »

Follow the shooting star, maybe if I wish hard enough it shall guide me, BARON VON BARON to more booze or milk
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 18, 2018, 09:34:47 am »

>Continue firing my charge rifle at the Readability Swat.

(For anyone wondering why I didn't bother making this post hard to read, it's because I'm tired after updating my RTD I've started hosting for fun.)
it's over

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 18, 2018, 10:12:13 am »

Gold. That grail is made of gold.
Gold equals riches, riches equals greed, greed equals sin. Onyx gems are black, black equals darkness and darkness equals evil.

Loudly announce that that grail is a fake and evil servant of the devil himself (to get a holy bonus against it) and smite it with the power of God!

That's the idea Random, they are our evil twins, that is why mine blew up, because Fallacy's prior attempt made precedent that evil twins of Adam don't work.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2018, 10:14:16 am »

Shrug and go find a quest.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 19, 2018, 02:22:48 am »

Shoot at the Anti-Grail.
Dodge any attacks coming at me.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 19, 2018, 09:15:49 am »

Well... that was unexpected.
Really, I think it was totally expected, he tried to make an evil clone of something that is already 50% evil. Also, to the ATHATH thing, of you can hear, me, I wouldn't take offense to that, except you're ATHATH, I kind of take offense to you on principle.

You say that evil will prevail
And they shall be the ones to get the pail
But see how your powers fail
And I beleive I know the ending of this tale

So once your forces are done and fought
And the path before us with troubles is fraught
I will know with who's side I am not
So I put my powers with hero's lot.

Attack the evil Anna with my blade.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 19, 2018, 09:57:52 am »

I'm stoppin' till' I'm a long way from that feckin' cursed shithole of a town.
Go to high ground, climb it, and see how far I am from Moorsburg. If I'm still close, then coninue walking/running away from it. I've seen what Milk-induced madness can do to people, and I'd rather be far away this time. If I do find a nice place,build a shelter from sticks and moss, then start a fire. If I'm far away from Moorsburg where I am, then build the shelter and light the fire here, I suppose it can't hurt.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 19, 2018, 11:03:01 am »

Send a swarm of mutant creatures to spread Tzeentch's corrupting touch to saner lands.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 19, 2018, 11:16:34 am »

Send a swarm of mutant creatures to spread Tzeentch's corrupting touch to saner lands.
Waitwaitwait, when the hell the Tzeentch happen?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53