Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150005 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2:Man down (Turn 19)
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2018, 06:44:16 pm »

"This is growing increasingly frustrating..."

Okay then. Blargh. Create a permanent portal back to the mortal realm. Then travel to the Mug Dimension. This time, properly.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2018, 06:49:18 pm »

I need to save the sun, ok, I'm a luxturgist, this shouldn't be to hard.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2018, 07:50:34 pm »

"NO SUN IS MORE FUN."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 22, 2018, 08:10:01 pm »

"NO SUN IS MORE FUN."
Be this known, oh wicked goat man
The sun will still shine on this land
For if you wish for life to end
Then to another world, you I shall send.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 23, 2018, 12:21:51 am »

"NO SUN IS MORE FUN."

"OH, WE'RE SINGING NOW. OR WAS THAT POETRY? FUCKIN' SLAANESH AND THEIR ARTISTS. ANYWAY, I'M DEFINITELY DESTROYING THE SUN NOW."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 23, 2018, 12:39:01 am »

"NO SUN IS MORE FUN."

"OH, WE'RE SINGING NOW. OR WAS THAT POETRY? FUCKIN' SLAANESH AND THEIR ARTISTS. ANYWAY, I'M DEFINITELY DESTROYING THE SUN NOW."

Oh, I won't stop you with that.

Rename ATHATH to be "the sun."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 23, 2018, 12:58:07 am »

"FUCC. WELL, TIME TO DESTROY THE SUN."

Turn the sun into a FUCKING COLD HUNK OF TUNGSTEN FLOATING IN SPACE. Yes, I am fully aware of the apocalyptic consequences here.
Assist.

"NO SUN IS MORE FUN."

Resist. If that fails, just rename myself back immediately afterwards.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 23, 2018, 02:14:18 am »

Blow away Anti-Anna with my shotgun.
If that fails, parry her attack with Ripper.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 23, 2018, 02:55:56 pm »

Name: Bothadtam
Description: Bothadtam is a sentient suit of armor. Bothadtam is also lonely, and wants to make friends on his journey to acquire milk.
Why do I want milk: Bothadtam recently ran out milk to lubricate his joints with. Bothadtam does not like when his joints are not lubricated, because they are squeaky and feel funny. Bothadtam would like to have a lot of milk so he can always have lubricated joints.

Action
See if I can find a friend. I would like a friend.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 23, 2018, 02:57:16 pm »

Welcome back Rethi.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 23, 2018, 03:02:41 pm »

Come to the cave of broken mirrors and you'll have a lot of friends.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 23, 2018, 03:03:09 pm »

Glad you're back, Rethi.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 23, 2018, 07:29:03 pm »

"Oh, hello sir," says Cassandra, more than likely grimacing at the yelling. "Well... I suppose I could part with it in exchange for some herbs and fungi. The more rare they are, the better."

Learn from my mistakes. Write down the steps I took to figure out what went wrong with the mixture.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 23, 2018, 08:43:12 pm »

"Oh, hello sir," says Cassandra, more than likely grimacing at the yelling. "Well... I suppose I could part with it in exchange for some herbs and fungi. The more rare they are, the better."

Learn from my mistakes. Write down the steps I took to figure out what went wrong with the mixture.

"Very well! I shall do as such!"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2:Here comes the Sun (Turn 20)
« Reply #434 on: May 23, 2018, 11:43:02 pm »

Turn 20

Tell the mug to shut up, and continue to duel my counterpart.
6 vs 4
Use the power of my chanting to continue the chant even louder and more ominously than before.
Blow away Anti-Anna with my shotgun.
If that fails, parry her attack with Ripper.

2 vs 4-1
(Adventurers vs Anti-Adventurers)
5-1 vs 6
(Cows)

Aaron commands the Mug to stop its chanting and it goes silent. Possibly because of the divine command, or maybe it just ran out of power at that moment. In any event, the power boost from its chanting vanishes. Anna goes for the kill with her shotgun, but her doppleganger knocks the weapon aside. The sparks and blasts of the colliding ripper and ballistic fist make for a terrifying lightshow. The evil adventurers ultimately surround and slay their opponents. They begin dragging the bodies away to present them before Caesar-ATHATH. The dragons continue their dogfight after their collision. After rapid-fire exchanges of claws and fire, Aaron kicks the feral dragon through a building that then collapses atop it. The other dragon bursts through the rubble with a defiant roar.

The cow looks on with mild envy as the brahmin drinks from a puddle with one head and grazes with the other.

Forage for wild berries, nuts, or even small animals. Cook them and eat them. Climb the hill to see how the town is doing.

You take to the wilderness with a primeval fire in your spirit. You swing on vines, fashion spears, and hunt for prey. As a great elk roasts over your campfire, you attempt to look for home. You find you can't actually remember where Moorsburg was.

Imic now has +1 on primitive skills, -1 on civilized ones.

"Why am I not using the weapons god gave me?"
Kick the cultist in the gut then beat him to death with my fists.

4-1 vs 2
(Arm vs Cultist)
6 vs 5-1

You decide you don't need a weapon to fight the good fight. You beat down the brick-wielding cultist barehanded and the Arm finishes him off with punches to the forehead.

"This is growing increasingly frustrating..."

Okay then. Blargh. Create a permanent portal back to the mortal realm. Then travel to the Mug Dimension. This time, properly.

6, 1(Seems like the Mug Dimension doesn't want you around.)

You create the permanent portal to the mortal realm from the champagne dimension and step through. However, it's a portal to a dimension that's effectively an ocean. You get blasted from behind by the enormous flood of champagne following you.The local valley floods around you and batters you wildly. You throw Mug Dimension portals around at random in hopes of escape. Eventually one of the new portals hits the champagne portal and closes them both. You're left hanging at the top of a damaged tree over your new lake.

"Bull's Strength!" Attempt the palisade again. A shame that Roy isn't here with his ranks in Knowledge: Architecture.

5, 1+2

You dig out a scroll of Bull's Strength and get a somewhat acceptable fence of stakes up. This really would be easier if Roy or perhaps Durkon were around.

Name: Bothadtam
Description: Bothadtam is a sentient suit of armor. Bothadtam is also lonely, and wants to make friends on his journey to acquire milk.
Why do I want milk: Bothadtam recently ran out milk to lubricate his joints with. Bothadtam does not like when his joints are not lubricated, because they are squeaky and feel funny. Bothadtam would like to have a lot of milk so he can always have lubricated joints.

Action
See if I can find a friend. I would like a friend.

You are Bothadtam the sentient armor. You decide to find a friend. You wander around the gloomy castle in which you presently find yourself and hear some loud noises. You go to investigate and find an adventurer fighting the vampiric Lord Saxon. Perhaps the adventurer would be a decent friend, or maybe Saxon isn't as bad as he seems.

Repeat again, more loudly.

You lean back to shout at the top of your lungs, but end up simply freezing in this awkward position when the alchemist unexpectedly replies.

You send the noisy interloper off on a hunt for some useful ingredients and get back to your work. You immediately realize that the missing ingredient standing between your potions and a masterpiece was insane yelling. You quickly put corks in the bottles as smoke starts to leak out. You now have sets of spider venom and antitoxin that works as gas grenades.

"Very well! I shall do as such!"
It wasn't bolded, but I'm assuming this was an action.

You go looking for the ingredients. You don't find any of the items that the alchemist wanted. You do encounter a dead troll being eaten by grubs, a charred house with arachnid legs, and a grove of 50 irrelevant foxglove plants.

mission complete.  kick Lord Saxon so he falls out of the balcony. I doubt that would kill him but it would at least buy a few seconds.

2+1 vs 2
(Dogs)
6+1 vs 6-1

Lord Saxon's hounds charge you and you cut them down with your new sword. Lord Saxon becomes corporeal to yell at you and you knock him over the balcony. He tries to turn into smoke, but isn't fast enough. He hits the ground with a thud before slowly beginning to float back up. A friendly-looking suit of armor wanders into the room from behind you.

Turn the sun into a FUCKING COLD HUNK OF TUNGSTEN FLOATING IN SPACE. Yes, I am fully aware of the apocalyptic consequences here.
3+1 vs 5

"NO SUN IS MORE FUN."

Resist. If that fails, just rename myself back immediately afterwards.
3 vs 6

Assist.

Annoyed at his failure to corrupt the Sun, Goatsby resolves to destroy it. ATHATH helps, of course. Adam tries to redirect the spell into ATHATH with a bit of nominative redirection that ATHATH successfully resists. ATHATH sends a bit of psychic aid to Goatsby, which is enough to complete the task. Or at least it would be if the disturbance hadn't been enough to finally wake up the Sun. The Sun, almost visibly, rotates in the sky after shrugging off the puny goat human magic. Everyone in the world hears a booming telepathic voice in their minds.

"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP SCUMBAGS! WHEN I STARTED OUT HERE, THINGS WERE GOOD AND QUIET. AFTER A WHILE,  PLANET 3 SHOWED UP. IT WAS GOOD AND QUIET. THEN YOU ORGANIC FREAKS STARTED SQUIRMING AROUND. I PUT UP WITH IT WHEN THOSE CREEPY PLANTS STARTED HOARDING MY LIGHT. KINDA STALKERY, BUT ALRIGHT. THEN THE MEAT DISASTER HAPPENED. I PUT UP WITH THAT EVEN WHEN YOU IDIOTS STARTED YELLING AND KILLING AND DEFECATING ALL THE TIME. I TOLD THE AZTECS I NEEDED SACRIFICES. WHY AREN'T YOU DOING THOSE? I LIKE IT WHEN THE GUY PULLS THE HEART OUT. ANYWAY, NOW YOU ACTUALLY WENT AND TRIED TO KILL ME?!? THAT'S THE LAST STRAW.

HERE COMES THE SUN, SCUMBAGS!!!

This seems bad.

OOC:Well, Mallos, ATHATH. You went and angered the Sun. I hope you're happy with yourselves. Apologies to Clickhole.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53