Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150840 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 21)
« Reply #465 on: May 25, 2018, 09:44:27 pm »

Turn 21

._.

I get why the sun is pissed, but why does it have to punish all of us for two dumbasses?

Harnessing the power of the sun, rip out Anti-Aaron's heart and sacrifice it in the name of Sol!
3-1 vs 5-2, 2
((Shouldn't I have gained a bonus from the chanting past turn? I specified I was going to use the power from the chant.))

Chant even louder than before to annoy both dragons who just broke my buff. Distract both of them from fighting.
4+1
Help sacrifice anti-Aaron to the sun...
1+2 vs 3-2
Break Anti-Anna's arm by elbowing it with my weapon-free arm.
Using the moment, cut her hand off, then slice her throat open with a quick Ripper swing.

4+2 vs 3
(Cows)

The Grail gathers its strength and begins an even louder chant than before. The cave echoes with a booming DRACON ES STULTOS! again and again as the Annas continue to duel. The good Anna breaks her counterpart's arm and slices through her wrist. The hand drops free as Anti-Anna stumbles back and trips while dodging a swing at her throat. The cloned Pip-boy slides off her arm and drops at the originals feet. The pained Vault-Boy image is visible with dotted indicators at the arm.

Elsewhere, Aaron lands and strides up to his opponent to rip his heart out for the Sun. However, the distracting noise of the Grail's chanting causes Aaron to turn his head in annoyance for a moment. The feral version takes the opportunity to grab and pummel him into the ground. Anti-Aaron picks up a lamp post, breaks off the top, and prepares to stake the original to the ground. He never gets the chance to bring it down. Adam shoots through him like a beam of light and darkness. Anti-Aaron looks blankly at a large hole through its torso for a brief moment before falling over on its side. A few cars are crushed by the impact.

Adam hands the heart to Aaron, who immediately lights it on fire and holds it up as a sacrifice. The Sun doesn't seem satisfied as it speaks to everyone in the room. "YOU EXPECT ME TO BE HAPPY WITH THAT? I JUST SAID I WANTED "HUMAN" HEARTS. YOU THINGS TRY TO MURDER ME AND NOW YOU THINK I'LL STOP BECAUSE YOU GAVE ME A BIT OF SOME LIZARD WHO WASN'T EVEN REAL. I SHOULD'VE COOKED YOU WAY BEFORE NOW!"

Anti-Anna scoots back a bit and looks nervously at her remaining allies. The Anti-Adventurers stare coldly and Caesar-ATHATH looks at her with scorn. Caesar-ATHATH then looks from her to the rest of you and gives a thumbs-down signal. Anti-Anna shows a betrayed look for a moment and then pulls a beautifully engraved pistol with her remaining hand. She prepares for a desperate last stand.

The cows find a bag of vegetables.

"Gah! Why do you repel, Mug Dimension! I am a mug demon! It is in your nature to accept me!"

Okay. Time to do research. Acquire the Mugonomicon.

You teleport to the Imperial Library of Constantinople to see if you can find their copy of the Mugonomicon. You get there and cast a quick illusion spell to avoid having to deal with annoying guards. When you get inside and ask the scholars, they inform you that a cloaked traveler showed up just a short time ago and purchased t.

The Mug Dimension strikes again.

SNAP OUT OF IT! YOU WERE JUST USING YOUR SKILLS GLEANED FROM SCOUTS, YOU DON'T NEED TO BECOME TARZAN! If you did become some kind of forest dweller, you'd be more like a crazy old hermit, anyway, this goes against your character traits.
Alright now I need to-
reads the rest of the update

Fuck this shit I'm out (mhm)
Fuck this shit I'm out (No thanks)
Don't mind me
I'ma just grab my stuff and leave
Excuse me please
Fuck this shit I'm out (Nope)
Fuck this shit I'm out (Alright then)
I don't know what the fuck just happened
But I don't really care
I'ma get the fuck up outta here
Fuck this shit I'm out.
Take out the auxiliary time machine controls that I mentioned hiding in my bag a few turns ago, teleport the time machine here, and leave. Don't come back.
Prepare to make a new character sheet to get in on the godly madness. If that isn't allowed, good riddance ye sun-fuckers and demonologists.

(Really an auto-success, I won't make anyone play a certain character if they don't want to. Just wanted to see if I got an interesting roll. You can make a new character.)

You've seen a lot of weird things in your time. You saw Genericville's downfall. You've seen the world threatened by giant beverages no less than three times. You saw Underworld get four sequels for some reason, seriously. But now the Sun is threatening to murder everyone. You think that's a good signal that you need to get somewhere safer. You use the auxiliary controls and summon the time machine. It appears before you. Hopping in, you set the controls. The future's obviously not a safe choice given the possibility of imminent apocalypse, but you've got the entire rest of history to live out your life in. The time machine flashes and you disappear to unknown eons.

Cormac/Shaun O'Brian has retired.

It is time!

Use my super-pure milk in a ritual to trap the sun.

5, 1+2 vs 6

It would stretch the bounds of most minds to think you specifically had prepared a contingency plan to defeat the Sun if it ever revealed sentience and tried to wipe out life as we know it. However, most minds are not those of 16th level wizards. You prepare the ritual and cast it. All your preparations go as well as you could hope, but ultimately the Sun simply succeeds on its Will save. "I'LL GET TO YOU IN A MINUTE, FOOL. JUST GOT TO DEAL WITH A BETTER MAGE FIRST."

As I've already promised away my other vial of milk, I should probably make plans to find some more somewhere.
Clean up my equipment and try again to find someone willing to come with me on a quest. Failing that, buy myself some light armor.

2, 3+1

Everyone you find is too busy with horrified prayers and/or hiding from the Sun to help you at the moment. You decide to buy some armor instead. You head back to the shop where you acquired your sword. The owner is distracted with trying to round up and sacrifice goats, but the extra money you offer is enough to get him to take a moment and toss you a set of brigandine armor.

...meanwhile, in Hell, Demon officers and some search hellhounds are looking for anyone trying to escape.
3 to find 0rca, 2+1 vs 3 on stopping him.
>Dig out of hell with a spoon

Sheol. The Lake of Fire. The Nine Circles. Hades. Hell. As you toil for eternity, you almost break down enough to admit that maybe you shouldn't have stolen that milk. For your personal punishment, you're forced to work as a scribe in an enormous library, forever copying the works of the great literary masters in their exact hand. When you fail, you're ripped apart and put back together. When you succeed, your work is immediately ground up into soup and fed to a pig demon. Eventually, you decide you've had enough. While the pig is focused on slurping and puking up the works of ancient Chinese poets, you climb up on a ladder and "accidentally" drop an enormous copy of the Mugonomicon on its head. The skull is flattened by the impact. You grab its spoon and start digging through the brimstone walls. After a timeless while, you hear demon guards rushing up the tunnel behind you. They aren't fast enough to stop you.

You break through the surface of the ground and behold daylight once again. You take a moment to realize you're floating and invisible in a pauper's graveyard. Directly beneath you is an undisturbed, but fresh grave marked only with a cross made of sticks. You sense the demons approaching rapidly to your location.

You still have the spoon.

((Thought I had edited my action sorry))
Go search through the charred spider house

You step gingerly past a decapitated woman in a black robe outside the ruin and head inside. The interior is ruined by fire, but looks mostly like a largish hovel of the sort favored by commoners. I say "mostly" because there's a giant heart hanging from the ceiling in the center. It does not beat. There's not much of use to find in here. Most of the valuables have been carried away, and recent goblinish paintings line the walls. You find a ritual dagger hidden under a scorched book of spells. It has a wavy blade and a pentagram symbol on the pommel. Perhaps that could be used for something.

tell the armor about my quest to find a sword for a pseudo-king.
If it wants to help give it one of the swords.

I would like to help. Helping is nice.

I would like to scold spooky-floaty man and tell him that he isn't being very nice. If he keeps being mean, I would like to kick him.

1, 6 vs 1-1

Ziizo and the armor quickly deal with introductions as Lord Saxon approaches. Ziizo kicks his sword over to Bothadtam, but the armor ignores it. Bothadtam tries to calmly explain to Lord Saxon that being angry is no excuse to hurt others. Lord Saxon laughs mockingly, extends claws, and leaps at Bothadtam. The armor puts a boot through his chest in response. Lord Saxon is instantly reduced to a pile of dust.

"Where is this voice coming from, I know its not god so it must be some form of milk demon, it must be close by and I must vanquish it."
Grab the brick and hurry further in to the catacombs and find and destroy all of these demons and cultists.

1, 5+1 vs 6
(Arm vs Imitation Serpent)
6 vs 3

You get the brick and venture on. Occasionally stopping to bash an inattentive cultist's head in, you descend to the heart of the catacombs. You hear a few youthful voices arguing here. A band of initiates stands next to a summoning circle. One of them is already dead and the others pace about madly. Your sword is lying ignored in a nearby bin. One of them spots you and shouts a warning to his comrades. An imitation of a milk serpent like the ones you saw with Goatsby appears and charges you. You prevent a bite by using your brick as a shield. The Arm uses the opportunity to land a gut punch.

"PUNY? PUNY?! HOW DARE YOU CALL MY MAGIC PUNY."

Using my tower in the schizo-realm as a point of focus, launch a massive magic missile-nay, a magic NUKE- at the Sun.

4+1 vs 5

Let it never be said you never did anything positive for this world. You summon up all the power of things that should not be and imagine a weapon that will not exist for centuries. A sleek Minuteman missile appears as a crackling outline in your hands. You hurl it like a javelin at the Sun. You imagine the impact would have been enough to wipe out a city. It doesn't kill the Sun though. It gets brighter in the sky as you feel the heat suddenly rising around you.

Sun Action:Destroy Madness Zone.

3 vs 2

The Sun decides that Goatsby is the biggest threat at the moment. It takes particular notice of his personal landscape's power. The Sun focuses its rays there. The Madness Zone immediately begins to suffer under the heat. Plants creak, blacken at the edges, and scream. Many of the creatures eject their organs and crawl around as empty skin to save water. Anything squirrel-based turns instantly to stone.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 02:19:40 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 25, 2018, 09:48:36 pm »

"RAAAAAAGH! Excuse me. I'm going to go cause the apocalypse."

Turn the sun into a giant solar DOOM MUUUUUUUG.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 25, 2018, 09:57:15 pm »

. .
You’re fucking with me.
We just sacrificed a duplicate of a god, and you aren’t satisfied?!?

Go kill Caesar-ATHATH and sacrifice his heart to the sun. And then use my godly power to push the sun back upwards, away from the planet.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 25, 2018, 10:00:43 pm »

Using some sort of innate ability to commune with demons on the same plane, speak to True ATHATH the following sentence: "I THINK IT'S IN BOTH OF OUR BEST INTERESTS RIGHT NOW TO DESTROY THIS BASTARD THAT CALLS ITSELF A SOLAR BODY. CARE TO HELP WITH THIS RITUAL?"

Feeling the abominable life of the Schizo-Land, cast a ritual to grow massive heat immune tendrils from the ground to the sun. Coil them around it and hurl it at insane speeds at Jupiter, like a giant and flaming stellar bowling ball.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 25, 2018, 10:08:09 pm »

Well, at least I have some armor now, but there's apparently stuff going on with the sun?
I want to hunt more mammalian or milk producing creatures. Perhaps praying to the sun for wisdom will help in some way.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 25, 2018, 10:24:50 pm »

Continue the chanting, this time to grant bonuses to my allies again and not annoy. Dedicate the finale of the song to praising the sun.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 25, 2018, 10:28:06 pm »

Send this out to all the world, using telepathy.

Hello people of Earth, I am Adam Simons, also known as Nephilim. I am the Earth's guardian. As many of you are likely aware, the sun is trying to kill us now. You may be panicking, praying, or spending your supposed last moments doing whatever you wanted to do most in life, truly, your choice is your own. However, I stand here now telling you there is another way. The Earth has been under a threat like this many times before, and it will be many times after. It has always been stopped, and it will always be stopped, but I need your help. Like any other deity, I need your belief. Please, give that to me, simply beleive in me, and I swear I will do my best to save you. I am Nephilim, lord of light and darkness, good and evil, human morality and the greatest thing that both divides and unifies us, and I ask only for your aid. Lets show this shiny assed son of a bitch that it doesn't matter if he's Apollo, Helios, Sol, Ra, or even freaking Amatarasu, this is our world, and if he doesn't like it, well then he can suck it up!

Use my powers of light and darkness and the power of beleif to take the solar consciousness and place it within my sword, leaving the sun as an eternal light for all of humanity, without the danger of it going homicidal again.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 25, 2018, 11:28:19 pm »

Cast Dominate Person at the sun.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 26, 2018, 12:17:30 am »

You know, I should start getting boosts to rolls for stopping the apocalypse since I'm so experienced with it.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 26, 2018, 03:28:27 am »

Kick the pistol out of her hand, then blow her head off with a shotgun.
Assist Aaron.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 26, 2018, 03:51:00 am »

"well that was anti-climatic"

Calculate the jump to the outside of the castle. Could we survive it somehow or we will have to get out from the inside the castle and fight the unknown monster.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 26, 2018, 07:48:15 am »

"All the demon voices filling my mind with lies, I must destroy them.
Smash the bottle of holy water on the milk snake demon's head, then stab one of the cultist in the gut with the broken bottle, then bash the remaining cultist's heads in with the brick.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 26, 2018, 08:46:00 am »

Special message to Zultan through my arm.

Most things aren't milk demons.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 26, 2018, 09:14:35 am »

>Continue digging out of hell, and while I'm at it, Summon the Greytide to overrun the Hell Police with extremely robust toolboxes.
it's over

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 26, 2018, 09:31:27 am »

take the dagger and burnt remains of the book and return to the alchemists and proudly display them
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53