Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150509 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 21)
« Reply #480 on: May 26, 2018, 09:33:11 am »

Special message to Zultan through my arm.

Most things aren't milk demons.
"The arm my only ally finally speaks, it must be referring to the regular demons and heretics, worry not arm we shall destroy them all."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 26, 2018, 12:37:00 pm »

"well that was anti-climatic"

Calculate the jump to the outside of the castle. Could we survive it somehow or we will have to get out from the inside the castle and fight the unknown monster.

Follow new friend. Tell dust-man that being mean is bad. Attempt high-five with new friend.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 26, 2018, 01:35:15 pm »

Enemy post, your "beautifully engraved pistol" link leads nowhere. Just a friendly note.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 26, 2018, 02:20:38 pm »

Enemy post, your "beautifully engraved pistol" link leads nowhere. Just a friendly note.

Whoops. It should be fixed now.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 26, 2018, 03:16:58 pm »

Hey EP, can I get a boost to actions involved in stopping the apocalypse, you know, because I'm so experienced at it?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2018, 03:17:56 pm »

Makes sense.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2018, 05:36:07 pm »

Once more a message through my arm.

The message that just went through your head and sounds like me was not a milk demon. The sun is trying to fry the Earth.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 26, 2018, 06:43:40 pm »

BE ALL SAD 'N' SHIT ABOUT THE BEARS.

THEN SEE IF I CAN SALVAGE ANY BUILDING MATERIALS FROM THE GIANT MUG THAT SQUISHED THEM. IF NOT, SEE IF I CAN FIND AN AXE OR OTHER SUITABLE TOOL WITH WHICH TO FELL SOME TREES.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 26, 2018, 07:18:31 pm »

Calculate the jump to the outside of the castle. Could we survive it somehow or we will have to get out from the inside the castle and fight the unknown monster.

Follow new friend. Tell dust-man that being mean is bad. Attempt high-five with new friend.

High five armor.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 27, 2018, 04:39:25 am »

Once more a message through my arm.

The message that just went through your head and sounds like me was not a milk demon. The sun is trying to fry the Earth.
"The demons and heretics have angered the sun, and doomed us all, we must hurry and defeat the cultists and destroy there demon masters."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 27, 2018, 09:26:46 am »

Name: Fanfnír, hero of Tónledún.
Description: A powerful warrior, weilding the powers of the earth and sky, granted to him by the holy well of the mother-milk deep beneath the world tree. He has the mind of a fox, the ferocity of a wolf, and the body of a bear.
Why does he want milk? He doesn't need milk. He has tasted the purest, most perfect milk in the world. He intends to end this conflict, and if that means taking the other contenders down, so be it.

I am Fafnír! Hero of Tónledún! I am here to end this conflict! STAR OF THE HEAVENS ABOVE, HEED MY WARNING! YOU SHALL NOT TOUCH THE FACE OF THIS WORLD, OR I WILL MAKE YOU GO BACK TO YOUR PLACE IN THE SKY BY FORCE!!!!!
Use the strength and power granted by the well of the mother-milk to send the sun back, permanantly. If it tries to continue hurtling towars us, break it with all of my strength and power.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:36:58 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 27, 2018, 09:30:05 am »

Hey Imic, we've been color coding our stuff, red text means you are a bad guy, blue means good, and Black and gold means you are getting sick and tired of saving the world from all this apocalypse crap.

EDIT: Oh, and yellow means batshit insane.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 27, 2018, 11:37:07 am »

Done.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 27, 2018, 11:57:36 am »

Anna already uses purple color in her speech, but I'm okay with Imic using purple.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 22)
« Reply #494 on: May 28, 2018, 12:31:32 am »

Turn 22

Everyone in the world hears this:
Hello people of Earth, I am Adam Simons, also known as Nephilim. I am the Earth's guardian. As many of you are likely aware, the sun is trying to kill us now. You may be panicking, praying, or spending your supposed last moments doing whatever you wanted to do most in life, truly, your choice is your own. However, I stand here now telling you there is another way. The Earth has been under a threat like this many times before, and it will be many times after. It has always been stopped, and it will always be stopped, but I need your help. Like any other deity, I need your belief. Please, give that to me, simply beleive in me, and I swear I will do my best to save you. I am Nephilim, lord of light and darkness, good and evil, human morality and the greatest thing that both divides and unifies us, and I ask only for your aid. Lets show this shiny assed son of a bitch that it doesn't matter if he's Apollo, Helios, Sol, Ra, or even freaking Amatarasu, this is our world, and if he doesn't like it, well then he can suck it up!

Shortly thereafter, the Sun is pulled below the horizon by giant tendrils. It's night from all player's perspective, but the Sun still exists.

. .
You’re fucking with me.
We just sacrificed a duplicate of a god, and you aren’t satisfied?!?

Go kill Caesar-ATHATH and sacrifice his heart to the sun. And then use my godly power to push the sun back upwards, away from the planet.
2 vs 4
Continue the chanting, this time to grant bonuses to my allies again and not annoy. Dedicate the finale of the song to praising the sun.
1, 4
Kick the pistol out of her hand, then blow her head off with a shotgun.
Assist Aaron.

1 vs 2-1, 3 vs 2
(Cows)

The Grail tries to help its allies with a useful chant. However, he dedicates it to the Sun in order to placate it. The Sun decides it approves of the chant and hoards all the magic to itself. (The Sun receives +1 on all actions this round.)

Aaron decides to try and get a better sacrifice for the Sun after expressing his annoyance with the ungrateful orb. Aaron leaps at Caesar-ATHATH, who casually leaps aside. Caesar-ATHATH laughs and tosses a few bone spikes at Aaron before his head suddenly vanishes in a burst of gore. Anna had shot his head off with her shotgun. Caesar-ATHATH's head quickly begins to regenerate as he turns to go punish the Couriers.

For her part, Anna approached her doppleganger and tried to execute her. Anti-Anna predicts the move and knocks the shotgun aside. The redirected blast instead wounds and enrages Caesar-ATHATH.

The cows find their bag of vegetables to be mushy.

"RAAAAAAGH! Excuse me. I'm going to go cause the apocalypse."

Turn the sun into a giant solar DOOM MUUUUUUUG.

3 vs 2+1

You come very close to switching the Sun out for an apocalypse of your own design. However, the Sun seems to gain a burst of strength that allows it to resist the effects.

Using some sort of innate ability to commune with demons on the same plane, speak to True ATHATH the following sentence: "I THINK IT'S IN BOTH OF OUR BEST INTERESTS RIGHT NOW TO DESTROY THIS BASTARD THAT CALLS ITSELF A SOLAR BODY. CARE TO HELP WITH THIS RITUAL?"

Feeling the abominable life of the Schizo-Land, cast a ritual to grow massive heat immune tendrils from the ground to the sun. Coil them around it and hurl it at insane speeds at Jupiter, like a giant and flaming stellar bowling ball.

1+1 vs 6+1

You grab the Sun and attempt to smash it into Jupiter. The Sun offers no resistance at first, but when Jupiter approaches it wipes away the relatively tiny planet with a massive solar flare. "TO BE HONEST, I'M NOT SURE WHY YOU THOUGHT SOMETHING THAT SMALL WOULD HURT ME."

Well, at least I have some armor now, but there's apparently stuff going on with the sun?
I want to hunt more mammalian or milk producing creatures. Perhaps praying to the sun for wisdom will help in some way.
3+1, 6
take the dagger and burnt remains of the book and return to the alchemists and proudly display them

Cassandra goes hunting, somewhat confused at why everyone is suddenly worried about the Sun. She tries praying to it for wisdom on the hunt. In response, she hears a telepathic voice in her head. "YOU'RE REALLY STILL HUNTING WHILE I KILL YOU ALL OFF? WELL, I CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT MORE KILLING. HERE YOU GO." The heat in the air rises as the Sun visibly brightens. This area of the forest catches on fire. Cassandra quickly starts to come across animals killed by the inferno.

And then Baron Von Baron shows up in the midst of all this to proudly display a damaged spellbook and an athame that he found.

Send this out to all the world, using telepathy.

Hello people of Earth, I am Adam Simons, also known as Nephilim. I am the Earth's guardian. As many of you are likely aware, the sun is trying to kill us now. You may be panicking, praying, or spending your supposed last moments doing whatever you wanted to do most in life, truly, your choice is your own. However, I stand here now telling you there is another way. The Earth has been under a threat like this many times before, and it will be many times after. It has always been stopped, and it will always be stopped, but I need your help. Like any other deity, I need your belief. Please, give that to me, simply beleive in me, and I swear I will do my best to save you. I am Nephilim, lord of light and darkness, good and evil, human morality and the greatest thing that both divides and unifies us, and I ask only for your aid. Lets show this shiny assed son of a bitch that it doesn't matter if he's Apollo, Helios, Sol, Ra, or even freaking Amatarasu, this is our world, and if he doesn't like it, well then he can suck it up!

Use my powers of light and darkness and the power of beleif to take the solar consciousness and place it within my sword, leaving the sun as an eternal light for all of humanity, without the danger of it going homicidal again.
(To get support from world)
(To trap the Sun.)
2+1 for experience, +1 for awesome speech, +1 for faith, vs 6+1
(Sorry about that. I was really rooting for you there.)

Adam contacts the entire world telepathically and uses all the power he has at his disposal, but all of this is not enough to overpower the Sun's will.

Cast Dominate Person at the sun.

Auto-2

Unfortunately, the Sun is an elemental rather than a humanoid. Thus, it's immune to Dominate Person.

High five armor.

The armor and the adventurer do a high five so epic that ancient dust is blown away by the shockwave. Also, both of them suffer mild injuries to their arms from the impact. Ziizo tries to find out if he'll be able to get out through the window rather than fight the unknown monster. Not only is the window too high for a safe exit, both Ziizo and Bothadtam hear the door to the lower levels suddenly crack open.

"All the demon voices filling my mind with lies, I must destroy them.
Smash the bottle of holy water on the milk snake demon's head, then stab one of the cultist in the gut with the broken bottle, then bash the remaining cultist's heads in with the brick.

5+1 vs 2-1, 2+1 vs 6-1
(Arm vs cultists)
4 vs 6-1

Harold mutters to himself about the recent telepathic messages. "All the demon voices filling my mind with lies, I must destroy them." At this, his friend the Arm rises up and forms a mouth shape with its fingers. Adam speaks through it. "Most things aren't milk demons." " "The arm my only ally finally speaks, it must be referring to the regular demons and heretics, worry not arm we shall destroy them all." "The message that just went through your head and sounds like me was not a milk demon. The sun is trying to fry the Earth." "The demons and heretics have angered the sun, and doomed us all, we must hurry and defeat the cultists and destroy there demon masters."

With that, Harold leaps into battle. A brick to the face finishes the serpent. The cultists run desperately around the room and manage to evade the holy warriors. "Wait, wait! We don't want to fight you! You're the Dread Priest! The Master isn't even here, why are you doing this!?!"

>Continue digging out of hell, and while I'm at it, Summon the Greytide to overrun the Hell Police with extremely robust toolboxes.
(You already escaped Hell. You're a ghost now, hovering over your own gravestone in the living world.)
3, 6-1 vs 6

You summon a horde of assistants in grey jumpsuits and send them down the tunnel to Hell. Once there, they steal things, break into secure areas, and generally make an utter nuisance of themselves. In response, the demons kill them all. At first, nothing seems to change as every single one of their souls remains where it was. The demons eventually capture them by putting a delicate project inside a large temple and then barricading them in.

Name: Fanfnír, hero of Tónledún.
Description: A powerful warrior, weilding the powers of the earth and sky, granted to him by the holy well of the mother-milk deep beneath the world tree. He has the mind of a fox, the ferocity of a wolf, and the body of a bear.
Why does he want milk? He doesn't need milk. He has tasted the purest, most perfect milk in the world. He intends to end this conflict, and if that means taking the other contenders down, so be it.

I am Fafnír! Hero of Tónledún! I am here to end this conflict! STAR OF THE HEAVENS ABOVE, HEED MY WARNING! YOU SHALL NOT TOUCH THE FACE OF THIS WORLD, OR I WILL MAKE YOU GO BACK TO YOUR PLACE IN THE SKY BY FORCE!!!!!
Use the strength and power granted by the well of the mother-milk to send the sun back, permanantly. If it tries to continue hurtling towars us, break it with all of my strength and power.
(Sun resisting intimidation)
5+1
(Attacking the Sun)
2 vs 1+1

You are Fanfnír the hero. You issue a challenge to the suddenly villainous Sun, demanding it resume its place in the natural order. It laughs at you. This foe will require all your strength to defeat. You don't hold any back. You leap through space, preparing to smash the Sun now and figure out what will heat the Earth later. Just before impact, giant tentacles swing the Sun out of your path and cause you to miss.

BE ALL SAD 'N' SHIT ABOUT THE BEARS.

THEN SEE IF I CAN SALVAGE ANY BUILDING MATERIALS FROM THE GIANT MUG THAT SQUISHED THEM. IF NOT, SEE IF I CAN FIND AN AXE OR OTHER SUITABLE TOOL WITH WHICH TO FELL SOME TREES.

You display the appropriate amount of sadness regarding the bears. A single tear falls from your eye upon the corpse of the greatest bear. The sky suddenly darkens and a single chord from a blackened ukulele sounds in the air. The bears rise up from their graves out of loyalty to you. You now have a pack of zombie bears.

Anyway you don't find enough giant mug parts to build anything big. You do see a particular shard that looks sharp enough to make into an axe. Tying it to a branch creates a serviceable tool, but you don't know how long it will last.

Sun Action:Destroy Madness Zone

2+1 vs 5-1

The Sun attempts to finish off the Madness Zone. It continues to cook, but the land sprouts a bunch of fresh cookies from the ground instead of being destroyed.

OOC:I love writing about Mallos' insane landscape. Also, I promise I'm not cheating in the Sun's favor*. It just keeps rolling well.

*With the exception of the The_Two_Eternities' current turn. I did that mostly because I thought it was funny.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 53