Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150097 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 25)
« Reply #555 on: June 03, 2018, 12:41:15 am »

Turn 25

"Well that was different, I didn't mean for them to kill themselves in such a weird way, but if that's how they want to go about things, so be it."
Keep looking at the equipment and see if I can get a better idea of where Goatsby is on the other side of the world.

You mess around with the equipment while trying to figure out how to get at your nemesis. Yet another telepathic message sounds in your skull. "COME, MY NEMESIS. COME FACE ME IN MY DIMENSION OF DEMENTIA." After that, you sense in the back of your mind how the equipment works. Using a tuning fork and a bit of the leftover blood on the floor to work with the burnt summoning circle on the floor, you open a portal. It looks like a flaming blue oval in the air, and the destination isn't visible.

"COME, MY NEMESIS. COME FACE ME IN MY DIMENSION OF DEMENTIA."

taunt The Priest with this message, inviting him to my Domain for a battle to the death.

You send the telepathic message. You didn't intend it, but a bit of your own knowledge of occult magics is subconsciously sent over with it to help The Priest get to you quicker. Your Serpents look to you for orders as a portal soon appears in the air.

Let's start gathering the undead warriors and blessing them with holy strenght, making them stronger and tougher.
(I'm assuming you only mean to assist one faction, since helping both wouldn't help you.)
Hmn...
Get a big white flag with which display our peaceful purpose, and use it to enter the castle.

EDIT: SM, you rolled a 6.
3+1
"We just can't travel to the destination without some adversary or puzzle stopping us on the path, right?"

Assist Aaron Blaze.
Also, stop ATHATH(s) from harming Aaron, should ATHATH attack Aaron.

Shoot fake ATHATH from my Anti-Materiel Rifle with explosive ammo to stagger him and prevent his action.
6, 1-1 vs 4
If this dumbass manages to find me and attack me, use the Dragonruler Greatsword to cut his head off, and then use the Daemei Greathammer like a golf club with his head (whether it ended up severed or not).
(I'm interpreting dropping a Doom Mug with you in the potential blast zone as an "attack")
1+1 vs 2
Okay then. Default solution: DOOM MUG! Directly above the castle.
(Defenders vs Invaders)
4-1 vs 2

The Mug tries to bless the defenders, but the corruption here twists his magic. Rather than help the undead, his blessing disables a set of clockwork crossbowmen on the towers. Anna gives some assistance to Aaron as the dragon god defends himself and signals his good intentions to the defenders. This effort distracts her enough that she wastes the last of her explosive bullets on a missed attack against Mug-ATHATH. Aaron gets his allies into the castle, then flies up and tries to fight Mug-ATHATH. Mug-ATHATH is left with superficial battle damage, but still manages to get away and attempt to cast a spell. Having avoiding all these efforts to stop him, Mug-ATHATH is able to call for a Doom Mug. By sheer dumb luck, his magic fails anyway.

Meanwhile, the battle goes on. Despite the setback with their clockwork guards, the defenders get the upper hand in the first steps of the altered battle.

EP, I didn't mean to change domains, I meant to become the milk god as well as the sun god.

Transform back into my normal form.

Now I need to stop myself, stop the Sun, fix the moon and save castle Adjilia! Damn it people, you are adding too much to my to do list!

Am I still god of the Sun?

2+1

You start trying to transform back to normal. You feel a solid hit punch a noticable hole in your side as you struggle. You briefly flicker between Mug and Nephillim shapes. The effort slows your descent, but the struggle comes down on the Mug's side for now. +1 turn to impact.

DESTROY THE DOOM MUG. DESTROY IT USING ALL OF THE POWERS IN ME INVESTED BY THE EARTH AND SKY FOREVER.

2 vs 1-1

You throw rapid punches to weaken a single point and then punch away the targeted piece of the Mug. It flies back and starts to transform back and forth between the original Mug and a humanoid man for a few moments and then returns to Mug shape. +1 turn to impact.

You could likely destroy the Doom Mug with a followup blow, if you so choose. On the other hand, something unusual is clearly going on.

"I, BARON BARON VON BARON declare that I am most awesome!
Go to the tavern and brag about adventure while chugging the spider milk.

You march into the tavern. People have barged in here and taken over since the owner left and all the apocalyptic chaos started. You successfully grab everyone's attention with tales of BARONLY GLORY. You do so well you're even able to convince yourself that your beverage tastes like actual milk.

"Hmm, that's no good. I'll take note of this farm, but I fear they will not cooperate without a significant amount of brothers in Kane to assist me. Perhaps another farm is more hospitable."

Take note of this place and it's traps a later date and set out for another farm with goats or cows.

You mark down the farm and search for another one. It doesn't go well. As far as you can tell, there aren't any other farms in this area.

Cast Suggestion on the Moon. "Attack the Sun. Now."

5 vs 6

"UUNNGGH, KILL SUN. KIL-l Su-nn...No. No way man. That wasn't cool. Why would you try and mess with me like that?"

You almost succeed, but the Moon barely manages to shake off the spell. The Sun then bombards you with more heat rays, slicing at the ground around you and battering you with collateral damage. The Sun then contacts you while you're weakened.

"You things really don't know your place, do you? I want you to know, after I finish with you, I'm going to burn everything you ever cared about to cosmic dust. Goodbye."

"I have a plan. Armor polish harder your shine will be our weapon of victory"

Parry the darkness.
1+1 vs 3-1
I must achieve radiance that surpasses that of the sun! Continue polishing, still blissfully unaware.
4+2 for previous successes

Ziizo clashes with the Darkness as the woman directs it with hand gestures. Neither side makes much progress.

Bothadtam continues to grow ever shinier. HE IS BEYOND SHINY NOW. SO SHINY THAT THERE ARE NO NON-MAGIC SHADOWS IN THE ROOM. HE IS IN FACT THE SHINIEST OBJECT IN THE WORLD. WILL HE RISK EVEN FURTHER SHINY???

(sorry i missed a bunch again)
I will keep my end of the bargain. "Thank you. The milk should still be on my windowsill."
Take the book and athame for later study. Loot nearby animal corpses for valuable resources. Thank the sun, and remain otherwise neutral in regards to the ongoing conflict.
(No problem.)

You take Baron Von Baron's gifts and take some samples of hide and bone from the animals after properly thanking the Sun. However, the milk was ruined by their fiery demise.

Name: Dr. Florence Bedlam
Description: A young woman from England who appeared to had been cut into pieces and sewn back together before being reanimated, Florence is an aspiring mad scientist who uses her extensive knowledge of human (and non-human) anatomy, a wide variety of surgical tools, and dark energies to create grotesque reanimated horrors that functioned as servants and killing machines. Florence wears a white knee-high gown with a red riding cloak.
Why do you want milk?: Because whether masquerading as a helpful physician to lure in victims volunteers for her experiments or plotting the downfall of someone who'd trifled with her, even a villain wants to live up to her self-applied moniker of 'Milk Addict' by drinking as much of the sweet white nectar as she can.

Search the village for a glass of milk (and perhaps a potential 'volunteer' or two).

There's no milk in the village, so you go looking for a potential victim helper. You check near the woods, and just manage to jump aside when a fellow mad scientist rolls up in a clockwork wagon that contains a small tree being used as a seat and a stoic pyramid of zombie bears arranged on the back.

Spoiler: Florence Beldam (click to show/hide)
((WE SHOULD TEAM UP! AS THE SAYING GOES, TWO MAD SCIENTISTS ARE BETTER THAN ONE. ALSO I HAVE DOPE SECRET LAIR AND AWESOME STEAM ENGINE/TANK-THINGY FILLED WITH ZOMBIE BEARS!))   

IF IT SEEMS LIKE IT WILL SAFELY FIT, LOAD TREE INTO/ONTO WAGON ALONGSIDE BEARS

THEN GET IN AND DRIVE STEAM WAGON BACK TO MY BASE. PREFERABLY WITHOUT SMASHING THROUGH VILLAGE AGAIN BUT I DON'T MIND TOO MUCH, REALLY

((FINGERS CROSSED THIS DOESN'T END BADLY O-O;))   

6-1 for wagon randomness

You go clattering through the woods on your way home, sitting on the tree. The axe snaps and falls apart in your grip when you hit a bump. The bears respond to you holding what looks a bit like a conductor's baton by emitting a synchronized choir of roars. You encounter a woman on the way to your base. From the look in her eye, you guess she's a fellow mad scientist.

>Grab an actual, robust toolbox before putting the tools I picked up in it.

There still aren't any toolboxes around. While you're searching for one, you hear a howl of wind and screams. You turn around to see the first of the hunter demons appearing above your grave.

Sun Action:Attack Vaarsuvius.
2 vs 1-1

The Sun continues getting attacking V. It wounds him severely, but stops to gloat rather than strike a finishing blow.

7 turns to Doom Mug Adam impact
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 03, 2018, 12:59:48 am »

Summon phantoms of heroes centuries old, and have them assist the undead in combat.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 03, 2018, 04:02:15 am »

attack the woman with the light of Bothadtam helping to more easily detect the magical darkness.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 03, 2018, 04:31:25 am »

"This kind of feels like a trap, but I don't have any other leads."
Pick up the heaviest thing in the room and drop it threw the portal if nothing bad happens, stick my hand threw then pull it out and if that goes well, jump threw the portal.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2018, 06:06:02 am »

Did I say punch the doom mug? I SAID DESTROY IT WITH THE POWERS INVESTED IN ME! END THIS MILKY MUG OF MADNESS!

AND MAYO
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2018, 06:31:44 am »

>Look again for a toolbox so I can put my newly obtained tools in it, and look for insulated gloves which I'm definitely not using for engineering purposes 100% of the time.
it's over

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 03, 2018, 07:52:53 am »

See if I can do something to fix the clockwork crossbowmen.
In any case, throw grenades at the attackers.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2018, 07:53:36 am »

F*ck you you pathetic f*cking b*tch!

Use the power of my wrath and the Sun's wrath to transform back to normal and then megaton punch Fafnir down to the Earth so he hits Fake-ATHATH.

Diablo is the only one willing to voice it, but all the consciousnesses are pissed.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 07:56:53 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 03, 2018, 08:52:17 am »

Get rid of the local Doom Mug.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 03, 2018, 09:50:39 am »

There isn't one, Fallacy got a 2.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2018, 10:45:08 am »

Use poetry and our mutual androgyninity to get the Sun to fall in love with me.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 03, 2018, 11:32:01 am »

Ask the villagers what adventure waits and tasks they can ask the BARON BARON VON BARON OF HOUSE BARON!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 03, 2018, 11:48:04 am »

"You! You are the cause of this! Your curse on me dies today! No more shall my luck be terrible!"

Transmorgify Aaron's head into a mug. Then banish him to the Mug Dimension.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
  • (Gai, and others) (They/Them collectively)
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 03, 2018, 12:02:34 pm »

"Hmm, no other farms are near. Well I suppose I must gather some brothers in Nod and have a talking to those farmers."

Search for other Nod cultists to aid me in my quest to get milk for the great prophet Kane!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 03, 2018, 02:02:17 pm »

There isn't one, Fallacy got a 2.
Then get rid of Fallacy. I don’t care.
Put him someplace where he can make random mugs and play with them and not hurt anyone. I don’t know, maybe punt him off to some other universe where he can be the god of mugs?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53