Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150778 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 25)
« Reply #570 on: June 03, 2018, 04:31:27 pm »

Go back to my house. Study the book and athame to see if I can glean any useful information.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 03, 2018, 07:30:27 pm »

I... I must shine more... I will become shiniest.

Must shine more.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 03, 2018, 08:25:17 pm »

Order serpents to spiral around me, guarding me from incoming attacks. Enhance myself with Dementia's energy, and attack whatever comes through the portal with magic and crushing blows.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 03, 2018, 10:14:21 pm »

"He seems to be quite a fellow. Perhaps I should follow him... after I grab a few 'helpers' to fashion something to impress him."

Continue searching for some 'helpers'. Once found, knock them out with chloroform and reassemble them into a spider-like monstrosity. Use it to travel to that fellow mad scientist's base.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 26)
« Reply #574 on: June 05, 2018, 12:17:22 am »

Turn 26

"This kind of feels like a trap, but I don't have any other leads."
Pick up the heaviest thing in the room and drop it threw the portal if nothing bad happens, stick my hand threw then pull it out and if that goes well, jump threw the portal.

You pick a table, lift it over your head, and hurl it through the portal. You step back to await a trap. When nothing happens, you prepare to walk through. Goatsby then lunges out of the portal with his serpents wrapped around him and his hands crackling with deadly magic. He looks a bit confused.

Order serpents to spiral around me, guarding me from incoming attacks. Enhance myself with Dementia's energy, and attack whatever comes through the portal with magic and crushing blows.

The serpents provide a spiraling armor against physical attacks, and Dementia wards you against magic. You then prepare to finally finish off that crazed priest. You spot movement through the portal and pounce. You utterly annihilate an unfortunate table and find yourself accidentally on the other side of the portal. Harold is standing in front of you with a severed arm following him and a holy sword in his grip. You sense that Dementia can't help you on this side.

Did I say punch the doom mug? I SAID DESTROY IT WITH THE POWERS INVESTED IN ME! END THIS MILKY MUG OF MADNESS!

AND MAYO
F*ck you you pathetic f*cking b*tch!

Use the power of my wrath and the Sun's wrath to transform back to normal and then megaton punch Fafnir down to the Earth so he hits Fake-ATHATH.

Diablo is the only one willing to voice it, but all the consciousnesses are pissed.
(Fafnir vs Nephalem)
3 vs 6-2
(Transformation)

Fafnir summons up all his power for a final blow. He draws up energy from the Earth, brings both palms together, and unleashes it all in an enormous blast. Doom Mug Adam starts to blacken and burn away in the beam. Before it can be destroyed, Adam briefly manages to flash back to his true self. Diablo makes the feelings of all three minds known and then megaton punches Fafnir away.

Fafnir rockets down through the atmosphere, impacting a shooting star on his way. He sees another Mug creature on the ground for a brief moment before apparently smacking it out of reality by landing on it. Fafnir stands up and sees the Doom Mug still endangering the Earth above.

>Look again for a toolbox so I can put my newly obtained tools in it, and look for insulated gloves which I'm definitely not using for engineering purposes 100% of the time.

You look around more carefully, but there continues to be no other tools or toolboxes here. The demon looks confused and vaguely offended at you for ignoring it. It walks up and carefully stabs you in the chest a few times with a knife, scratching its head and looking for a reaction.

See if I can do something to fix the clockwork crossbowmen.
In any case, throw grenades at the attackers.

(Initiative:CABL, then guards vs defenders)
2, 5 vs 6-1
"You! You are the cause of this! Your curse on me dies today! No more shall my luck be terrible!"

Transmorgify Aaron's head into a mug. Then banish him to the Mug Dimension.
Get rid of the local Doom Mug.

There isn't one, Fallacy got a 2.
Then get rid of Fallacy. I don’t care.
Put him someplace where he can make random mugs and play with them and not hurt anyone. I don’t know, maybe punt him off to some other universe where he can be the god of mugs?

(Aaron vs Mug-ATHATH)
5-1 for multiversal resistance vs 3-1
Summon phantoms of heroes centuries old, and have them assist the undead in combat.
(Defenders vs Attackers)
6 vs 4-1

The Grail's poor luck continues. It's powers flicker and fail and nothing is summoned. Meanwhile, Anna finds that she doesn't have the equipment to fix the robots, so she just pelts the enemy with grenades as the defenders push harder against the enemy troops. Aaron and Mug-ATHATH engage in a contest of wills. It seems close, but then Fafnir the hero falls from space and his impact distracts the ATHATH. Aaron uses the moment to banish him from this plane.

Mug-ATHATH regains awareness in a dimension of floating void. Mugs of all shapes and sizes float around, accompanied by a vague yet omnipresent sense of hostility. Welcome to the Mug Dimension.

Ask the villagers what adventure waits and tasks they can ask the BARON BARON VON BARON OF HOUSE BARON!

4+1 for prior results.

The villagers gather round and tell you in song of what they need. Everyone's hopes ride on but one quest, one single test. To win all of Moorsburg's love, you must get 50 flowers of Foxglove!

"Hmm, no other farms are near. Well I suppose I must gather some brothers in Nod and have a talking to those farmers."

Search for other Nod cultists to aid me in my quest to get milk for the great prophet Kane!

You gather up some of your brothers and approach the farm. You feel some pride at the thought of the Nod horde behind you with that infamous scorpion tail either crudely stitched into peasant garb or in some cases resplendent on knightly armor. The farm lies beneath you, the guards still itching for an opportunity to kill intruders.

Go back to my house. Study the book and athame to see if I can glean any useful information.

You try studying the devices. Neither makes much sense to you besides the obvious practical uses of a knife. You think the problem stems from the unusual cultural assumptions of the original owner combined with the fire damage.

attack the woman with the light of Bothadtam helping to more easily detect the magical darkness.

6+2 vs 2-1

You see Bothadtam growing ever shinier behind you. The woman merges with the darkness, becoming only a pair of eyes and a too-wide grin in the shadow. It all rushes toward you, but then you swipe your swords through the light of your companion. They away with the steel of the blades sheathed in white fire. The combined weapons slice through the monster, burning it all away and bursting it from within. The enemy is gone.

You notice a humming and shaking behind you now that the noise of combat is gone.

I... I must shine more... I will become shiniest.

Must shine more.

2+3 for prior results

SHINY.  SHINY! SHINY! YOU ARE MAXIMUM SHINY. ULTIMATE SHINY. PEBBLES FLOAT UPWARDS. THE ROOM SHAKES. YOU AUDIBLY HUM FROM SHININESS. THIS IS AS SHINY AS IT CAN TAKE WORDS FAIL DESCRIB SHIN HERE !!!ESAELP ON EROM YNIHS!!!

"He seems to be quite a fellow. Perhaps I should follow him... after I grab a few 'helpers' to fashion something to impress him."

Continue searching for some 'helpers'. Once found, knock them out with chloroform and reassemble them into a spider-like monstrosity. Use it to travel to that fellow mad scientist's base.

You decide to make a bit of artwork first before going to meet your new potential ally. First impressions are important, of course. You stalk around town a bit more. A knight stomping by without a horse seems like an appropriate target. You creep up behind him with your chloroform rag. You get behind him and wrap your arm around to dose him. Your aim is a bit off and you smack yourself in the face with the rag. Your last vision before everything goes dark is the knight whirling around and regarding you with disdain before turning away and marching off to wherever he was going.

You awake on a bed in a richly furnished mansion, with the sunlight shining serenely through the blinds. Some relatives are gathered around with concerned looks on their faces. A butler is the first to speak. "Sir, Lady Bedlam is awake!" Your father then approaches as the others watch closely. "Are you alright, my daughter? You took a nasty fall out in the gardens this morning."

Use poetry and our mutual androgyninity to get the Sun to fall in love with me.
(Genius.)
2+1
Moon Action:Assist Vaarsuvius
(Maybe this is cheating a bit, but it seemed appropriate for the characterization that the Moon had previously received.)

Well, you've tried everything else. Your Other Parent always said the greatest magic was the Power of Love. Time to test that. You painfully pick yourself up, resume your normal form, and bare your soul in the best love poem to the Sun you can come up with on such short notice. It doesn't seem to be working, but the Moon can't bear to see love fail like this when it has the power to save it. The impact is boosted at the last minute by the rising of the flesh-moon over the horizon behind you, backing your prose with its own heartfelt song.

The Sun looks on with bemusement.

"ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS RIGHT NOW. UM. I'M KIND OF FLATTERED, I GUESS? WELL. MAYBE I COULD TAKE A CHANCE ON LOVE. IF YOU'RE WILLING TO SIDE WITH ME AGAINST THE OTHER FREAKS, I'LL GIVE THIS A TRY. JUST TO HELP YOU DECIDE QUICKER..."

The Sun then tries to boost the speed of Doom Mug Adam, but instead slows him down.

"I MEANT TO DO THAT!"

Sun Action:Boost Doom Mug Adam

The Sun tries to "help" Adam with destroying the world. However, it's use of gravity backfires and slows the Mug down a bit. +1 turn to impact.

7 turns to Doom Mug Adam impact.

OOC:Quite a few poor rolls this time. I think waiting for one of the combatants to get to -3 bonus has resulted in PVP fights taking too long. Going forward, I'm going to be slightly more lethal with those.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 05, 2018, 03:12:05 am »

"I'm glad I threw the table in first."
Quickly kill the snakes with the holy sword, then run behind Goatsby and stab or slice at him.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 05, 2018, 03:18:18 am »

ONE MORE TIME!!! DESTROY THE DEMONIC MILK MOON MUG!!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 05, 2018, 05:32:38 am »

"REALLY? THAT'S HOW IT'S GOING TO BE? YOU'RE PLANNING TO 'heh, nothing personnel, kid.' ME?"

HURL EXPLOSIVE, MAGIC INSULTS AT HAROLD. ORDER MY SERPENTS TO TEAR HIM APART.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 05, 2018, 05:37:13 am »

scream at question to the other monster (the one we were preraring for before we were ambushed by the woma).

"Hey, are you okay?"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 05, 2018, 06:00:06 am »

Set off in search of fox glove in a suitably musical fashion.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 01:25:03 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 05, 2018, 06:16:46 am »

"Aaron, get down and help us with the invaders!"

Use my Silenced Sniper Rifle to kill the invaders!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 05, 2018, 06:35:45 am »

Use my holy powers to create a lightning storm over the heads of the undead enemies in the castle.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 05, 2018, 07:45:29 am »

ONE MORE TIME!!! DESTROY THE DEMONIC MILK MOON MUG!!
There is obstinance, and then there is just pure idiocy. Adam will beat up Fafnir for using his powers to do nothing more than smash the enemy with no thought.

Transform back and send Fafnir to the elder plain.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 05, 2018, 08:21:16 am »

"Aaron, get down and help us with the invaders!"

Use my Silenced Sniper Rifle to kill the invaders!
On it!
Let’s go wreck some invaders!

-Query, how much health do they have? I want it in HP.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
  • (Gai, and others) (They/Them collectively)
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 05, 2018, 09:11:13 am »

"Onwards brothers, Kane shall have his milk! First off, those with armor go at the guards head on, while those who don't sneak around and attack them from behind, and anyone unarmed should stay back until the farmers are captured. For Kane!"

Command the Nod Horde to capture the farm for Kane, and subdue the guards.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53