Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Absolutely Absurd Abductee Arms Race: Core Thread (Turn 4 Revision Phase)  (Read 2849 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely Absurd Abductee Arms Race: Core Thread (Turn 2 Revision Phase)
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 11:17:42 pm »

I'm just gonna watch this one. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 06:56:12 pm »

One team only has one design for this revision phase. This is a reminder that until the start of Turn 5 Design Phase, at 12 AA Spring/Summer, there are two designs per revision and design phase.

We need more designs for the Rayleigh Confederation. I would be doing the phase results now if all the teams had enough designs.

The Social Democracy of the Red Blossom also still needs more players and votes; currently only one player has voted on a design.

Federated Cities of Suija is temporarily closed to recruitment until the other teams have some more active players.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2019, 07:26:11 pm »

Honestly, I'm mostly hoping Wozzy comes back with Lore. It's better to call it two votes, given I haven't added mine to it yet.

Lorewriters needed.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 07:59:59 pm »

Lore Judging
I am making lore posted thus far public, so one can size up their enemy's mindset and their reasons why they might be at odds. This will also give material for the next set of lore to be judged at the end of Turn 4, which will be about whatever you want but I would request information about how your soldiers operate, which kinds of people are in charge and who from the populace might be involved in the war.

Rayleigh Confederation
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Social Democracy of the Red Blossom

(Next post reserved for Federated Cities and results.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 08:04:22 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2019, 08:01:03 pm »

Federated Cities of Sujia

Results
First of a summary:
Rayleigh is a singular city but has many fortress outposts to try and keep wildlife in check and deny areas to the enemy. The manner of alien abduction seems to be via teleportation (not what I had in mind, but it works since I hadn't established it), and have made it through by relying on different parts of different cities from different AUs.
The SDRB had a harder time of surviving due to infighting and political upheaval, plus visious wild creatures. While they only have one lore post beyond their votebox with their names, that one post goes into deep detail of their last 10 years and how they survived, and catelogs several creatures they encountered.
The Federated Cities of Sujia are not physically as close together as the other two, and are more a region of cities in between which you get a society that is part Dune, part Mad Max, part Red Faction, and part Caves of Qud. They fight for water, for the precious life giving liquid that the other two nations are able to take for granted, and have tamed native hearty lifeforms towards their cause.

In all, with the last minute submisions finally having arived, the judging has become a lot harder than I was initially expecting - I thought the Sujians would win by a landslide.
But as scores go, I give SDRB a 7/10 - could have been an 8 thanks to the detail, but it took so long for it to come, and tries to use some of itself to apply a mechanical effect (mostly the spider stuff, not too much and only in the early years). Not bad, not bad. For Rayleigh, I say 7/10 as well. Maybe 7.5/10; it's not as informative, but definitely explains the city's origins and government. But I still have to award Sujia the highest score at 8.5/10, for one reason being the sheer quantity of lore and that they started early, for two because they already have a Casus Belli against the other two nations, for three because they gently work their designs so far in without trying to make them stronger through the lore, and for the last reason because I personally find it most exciting.

So congrats to the Federated Cities of Sujia for winning the first lore contest and earning an alien credit!

It is also now Turn 3 Design Phase.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 08:03:57 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely Absurd Abductee Arms Race: Core Thread (Turn 4 Revision Phase)
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 03:30:51 pm »

Due to GM mistake, one team is being rewarded a design credit to get an extra design during an upcoming phase. And the design they actually voted for (I misread the votes) will be added next design phase, in addition to their design that turn.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 [2]