Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Ruin: Cooperative RTD *Combat Test* Finished. Feedback welcome  (Read 6484 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Ruin: Cooperative RTD *Combat Test* (3/3+)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 05:58:39 pm »

Are you moving? I can’t quite make out what your other action is.
I'm spending both actions on buffing my teammates.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 06:19:21 pm »

Okay, I get it now.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 03:24:10 pm »

Name: The Bandit

Class: Archer

General Role-playing information: Mysterious highwayman
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruin: Cooperative RTD *Combat Test* (4/3+)
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 06:00:20 pm »

Turn 2

Zeke already died, but it turns out his identical twin, Zeke 2 was just a few seconds behind him. Also, another archer using a strange bow mysteriously joined the team.

Turns

Good Guys
Sub: get into cover [2]: You are too distracted by the remaining few ants eating you alive to attempt to move somewhere new.
Power Shot Mage 1 (2-1) = [2] You try to focus on shooting the sprinting mage, but those ants are just too damn distracting. Your shot flies wide.

Winters Encourage teammates to be evasive [1]: You shout at your teammates to dodge, but instead, all your teammates think you are a coward for hiding behind your tree. Nobody pays attention, and instead, you feel bad. (-1 to bonus actions next turn)
Encourage teammates to fire back [2]: You try to be more encouraging to your teammates, but still nobody cares about you.

Zeke 2 Move up one row, find cover [1]: You find cover in the same picket fence your twin brother used, without knowing he died there. You move into the fence's protection, before finding your brother's body there, staring at you with dead eyes. You freak out, and expose yourself.  (+1 to ranged attacks against your position for 1 turn)

Bad Guys
Archer 1 Move down one row, power shot Zeke 2 [1]: The archer sees the same mage again, and thinks he is seeing an apparition. He gets spooked and drops his bow.

Warrior 1 Move down 2 rows

Mage 1 Move down 2 rows

Battlefield
Code: [Select]
Row 9:
Row 8:
Row 7: Archer 1
Row 6:
Row 5: Warrior 1,  Mage 1
Row 4:
Row 3:
Row 2: Sub (archer), Winters (Warrior), Zeke 2 (mage)
Row 1: Bandit (archer)

Status

Good Guys
Spoiler: Subject 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cpt. Winters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ezekial Ruyn 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Bandit (click to show/hide)

Bad Guys
Spoiler:  Warrior 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Archer 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Mage 1 (click to show/hide)

I think it makes more sense to have bonus actions before attacks. That way buffs make more sense. Also, I will be nerfing Power shot's range by one for the real game. This test has told me that it is too broken. The damage will probably also be dropped by 10.
For the rest of this battle test, however, the mechanics will stay the same. The changes will happen during the boss test.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:00:55 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 06:20:35 pm »

Aim my shot to increase its likelihood to hit, and fire at the enemy archer.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 06:24:34 pm »

God damn these rolls are bad.

Normal-shoot the enemy mage twice.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 06:53:45 pm »

move up, and prepare to ambush the opposition!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 02:02:07 pm »

Turn 3

Stuff happened

Turns

Good Guys
Sub: normally shoot mage 1 [3]: 35 damage! You find the last few ants and get all them all off of you. You now finally have the focus to properly aim a shot. The bites still hurt, but your arrow did find its way into the mage's shoulder.
normal shot mage [2]: You hurry for a second shot, but the mage expertly dodges it.

Winters Move up and prepare an ambush (5-1) = [4]: You move up one row, and prepare to ambush anyone that comes close (You get a free attack on any enemy that moves into your row)

Zeke 2 You are in utter shock, and don't do anything.

The Bandit Carefully aim your shot [4]: Unlike Sub, you take time to make sure your shot is as precise as possible (+1 to next attack)
Power Shot archer 1 (5-1+1) = [5]: 140 damage! You watched the enemy archer strike down the first mage from afar, and you replicate his actions. Your arrow flies true, striking the archer in the forehead. The arrow stops halfway through his skull. The archer's eyes roll up, as if to see what hit him. And shortly thereafter, he collapses to the ground.
Archer 1 is dead
Level up!

Bad Guys

Warrior 1 Move down 2 rows, do not engage anyone (Winters ambushes!) Engage Warrior 1 and light strike [5]: 120-20 (armor) = 100 damage! The warrior crests a small hill, looking for the archer that took down his comerade. Instead, Winters struck him from the flank, cutting deeply into his hip through the armor. The Warrior grunted in pain, then turned to engage the warrior.

Mage 1 Find cover [6]: The mage chops down a tree, cuts it into beams, and builds a small fort in the span of a few seconds. He is very protected from missiles, but the fort has the side effect of casting a shadow on warrior 1, distracting him (-1 to ranged attacks on mage 1, -1 to Warrior 1's bonus actions next turn)
Magic Bolt Winters [4]: 50 damage!

Battlefield
Code: [Select]
Row 9:
Row 8:
Row 7:
Row 6:
Row 5: Mage 1
Row 4:
Row 3: {Warrior 1, Winters (Warrior)}
Row 2: Sub (archer), Zeke 2 (mage)
Row 1: Bandit (archer)

Status

Good Guys
Spoiler: Subject 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cpt. Winters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ezekial Ruyn 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Bandit (click to show/hide)

Bad Guys
Spoiler:  Warrior 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Mage 1 (click to show/hide)

I'm definately going to rework some damage values for all characters. Everything dies a little too easily right now.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 02:07:21 pm »

Does the move action always go first, or can I make it second?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 02:19:48 pm »

hmm... I think that it can go second if you specify it. I don't really see too many complications arising from that. I'll have it go first by default, but if you specify that you want it second, just make it clear in your post.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2018, 02:24:48 pm »

Hit Mage 1 with a magic bolt and then move back one row.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 03:27:50 pm »

Doible-shot the mage again. If he’s dead after the first shot, power-shot the warrior instead.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 03:37:59 pm »

*notes that while the mage is listed as bad, they are not marked "kill them". Also, they're female.*
"focus fire on my Target!"
use my commanding voice to make everyone attack the enemy warrior. Yes, even the mage and themselves. Use both actions to do this.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2018, 12:20:40 am »

wait up. action almost ready
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2018, 12:25:22 am »

Take a normal shot at the warrior. Then, if the mage is alive, take a normal shot at them, but otherwise shoot the warrior again.
Money!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8