Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Ruin: Cooperative RTD *Combat Test* Finished. Feedback welcome  (Read 6500 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Ruin: Cooperative RTD *Combat Test* (4/3+)
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 09:23:50 am »

Turn 4

What a successful test!

Turns

Good Guys
Sub: normal shot warrior 1 [1]: You miss spectacularly.
Power Shot warrior 1 (3-1) = [2] You miss slightly less spectacularly

Winters Convince your allies to focus their fire on your target [6]: You convince everybody to focus all their efforts bringing down your target. You get everybody's attention, and they all are entranced by your natural leadership. Everybody fires upon the enemy fighting you. To them, the mage is practically invisible. (all allies forced to target warrior 1)
Convince enemies to focus fire on your target [5]: You are so convincing, that even the enemy mage joins in on the action (mage 1 forced to target warrior 1)

Zeke 2 Magic bolt warrior 1 [3]: 25 damage! You pull yourself together, and summon a bolt of electricity, zapping the warrior. He convulses, but is still living.
Move back one row

The Bandit Normal shot Warrior 1 [4]: 50 - 20 = 30 damage! You draw your bow, and bury an arrow through the warrior's breastplate. He finally collapses from the onslaught.
Warrior 1 is dead
normal shot Warrior [1]: You somehow miss the dead body.

Bad Guys

Mage 1 Magic bolt Warrior 1 [5]: He's already dead
Magic bolt Warrior 1 [6]: PLEASE STOP!

Battlefield
Code: [Select]
Row 9:
Row 8:
Row 7:
Row 6:
Row 5: Mage 1
Row 4:
Row 3: Winters (Warrior)
Row 2: Sub (archer)
Row 1: Bandit (archer), Zeke 2 (mage)

Status

Good Guys
Spoiler: Subject 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cpt. Winters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ezekial Ruyn 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Bandit (click to show/hide)

Bad Guys
Spoiler:  Mage 1 (click to show/hide)

For the next test I will rework the turn display to feature everything in chronological order rather than sorted by character.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 09:26:03 am »

*sigh*
Double-shot the mage. Don't miss this time.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2018, 09:47:21 am »

Take cover. Breath a sigh of relief.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:17:33 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2018, 09:57:32 am »

I seriously just made everyone attack the warrior?  Including the enemy mage, who attacked TWICE? That's.. absurd. Now  I feel compelled to derail the test out of sheer hilarity from having committed overkill AND subversion on both sides.
"Hold your fire!"
command my teammates (and the enemy mage, if possible) not to attack each other this turn. Ask the mage to surrender peacefully, thereby ending combat by turning them non-hostile.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 02:13:55 pm »

Move up one space and magic bolt the enemy mage.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2018, 07:16:57 pm »

I seriously just made everyone attack the warrior?  Including the enemy mage, who attacked TWICE? That's.. absurd. Now  I feel compelled to derail the test out of sheer hilarity from having committed overkill AND subversion on both sides.
"Hold your fire!"
command my teammates (and the enemy mage, if possible) not to attack each other this turn. Ask the mage to surrender peacefully, thereby ending combat by turning them non-hostile.
Tell the mage that they are outnumbered. Ask them to surrender.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2018, 03:00:34 pm »

Turn 5

You guys ended the battle.

Turns

Good Guys
Sub: normal shot warrior 1 (2-1) = [2]: You vow not to miss this time, but your arrow doesn't care. It misses anyways.
Power Shot warrior 1 [1]: Your miss yet again, giving the mage an opportunity to fire back:
Free Attack Magic Bolt Sub [6]: 150 damage! The return bolt of electricity envelops Sub, and causes his head to explode.
Subject 2 is dead
Level Up!

Winters Convince your allies to stop the combat [4]: You try to make a command to your teammates to stop the combat, and it has some effect. But not enough to fully convince them. You would need more time to fully stop them.
Try again [3]: Your second attempt was less successful than the first. They are still on the fence, but their bloodlust seems to be winning out.

Zeke 2 Move up one row and Magic bolt warrior 1 (4-1) = [3]: 25 damage! Still made about your twin brother, you fire another shot at the fortified mage. It hits the mage's arm, and he spazzes for a little bit, before recovering.

The Bandit Demand surrender [2]: The mage doesn't care: "Why would I surrender? I have this awesome fort!"
Try again: [1]: You press on, trying to convince him to stop for his own life. The mage insults your dad and step-mom, making you depressed. (-1 to bonus actions next turn)

Bad Guys

Mage 1 Magic bolt Zeke 2 [2]: The mage returns fire at zeke, but his messed up arm throws his aim off. The bolt hits a nearby tree.
Magic bolt Winters [3]: The mage switches targets to Cpt. Winters, hitting him with a glancing bolt of fire. The warrior quickly puts out the residual flames, but is largly unharmed

Battlefield
Row 9:
Row 8:
Row 7:
Row 6:
Row 5: Mage 1
Row 4:
Row 2: Zeke 2 (mage)
Row 1: Bandit (archer), Subject 2 2 (archer)

Status

Good Guys
Spoiler: Subject 2 2 (click to show/hide)

Bad Guys
Spoiler:  Mage 1 (click to show/hide)

If she lands one more hit, the mage will level up, and fully heal. For the real game, I probably wont keep track of exp for enemies, since it is just a frustration. Unless you guys really like it for some reason? Let me know what you think.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2018, 04:48:02 pm »

*facepalm*
Double shot. Again.
Good god why are my rolls so terrible.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2018, 04:58:37 pm »

I don't mind keeping track of exp for enemies, so long as doing so has a impact on their actions. Maybe make enemies that successfully level up and escape become recurring characters?
Oh, and my second action should have been demand surrender, not "try again"..

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2018, 06:06:32 pm »

You know the evil mage is female, right? It says so in her character sheet.

Class: lvl 1 Mage
General Role-playing information: She's a bad guy. She's also a girl.
HP: 20/80
EXP: 75/80
Loot: 75
Active Bonuses: -1 to ranged attacks against her position

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:08:07 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2018, 07:34:08 pm »

Double shot
Money!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2018, 08:24:35 pm »

Heal myself with both actions. Dying is bad for you, ya know?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2018, 09:18:52 pm »

Magic bolt the mage again.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2018, 11:51:54 pm »

Name: Robin Hood

Class: Archer

General Role-playing information: Steals from the rich and gives to the poor.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2018, 05:50:36 pm »

Turn 6

You guys ended the battle.

Turns

Good Guys
Sub 2: normal shot mage 1 (3-1) = [2]: You finally fire a shot on-target, but the arrow strikes a battlement at waist level. The fort saved her.
Normal Shot Mage 1 (3-1) = [2]: You fire the exact same shot. In an impressive display of accuracy, your arrow splits your previous arrow down the middle, embedding in the same spot on the fort. The mage is still unharmed.

Winters: Heal self [2]: You stop yourself and try to find out how to heal yourself. You were struck by several magic attacks, and you feel the pain of the attacks, yet no wounds can be seen. You don't know how to help yourself.
Heal Self [6]: You suddenly remember that lightning always strikes a tall tree. So you logically find a nearby tree, and touch it. You feel the energy leave you, and enter the tree. The tree explodes, and launches away. Luckily there was nobody around you to get hurt by it.
(+40 HP)

Zeke 2: Magic Bolt Mage  1 (5-1) = [4]: You unleash one more fire bolt, which strikes the fort. The mage is heard screaming as her brilliant construction burns down around her, collapsing atop her. The screaming stops, and she dies. 50 damage!

The Bandit: Normal Shot [1]: You miss the dead mage. You somehow also miss the fort.
Normal Shot (3-1) = [2]: You miss the dead mage again. At least you hit the fort this time

Bad Guys

Battlefield
Row 9:
Row 8:
Row 7:
Row 6:
Row 5:
Row 4:
Row 2: Zeke 2 (mage)
Row 1: Bandit (archer), Subject 2 2 (archer)

Status

Good Guys
Spoiler: Subject 2 2 (click to show/hide)

Give me a few moments to start the next test against a boss. Some notable changes will be archers having damage nerfed (their range is their main benefit).

A major change I am thinking about is having all attacks being either physical, or magical. (all classes can learn attacks of both types at later levels). There will be separate armor for each type, warriors start with armor against physical attacks, while mages start with armor against magical attacks.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 05:52:35 pm by origamiscienceguy »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8