Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Ruin: Cooperative RTD *Combat Test* Finished. Feedback welcome  (Read 6499 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruin: Cooperative RTD *Combat Test* (5/3+)
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2018, 09:49:35 pm »

Robbin Hood
1.Power Shot Head
2.Normal Shot Head

Robbin Hood Draws out his bow at full pull and releases an arrow. Being a little tired from the full pull, does a regular pull and releases an arrow. Both times into the head of the beast.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2018, 11:52:31 am »

Find Cover
Ready a magic blast for when the bear gets in range
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2018, 01:20:55 pm »

Finals are kicking my ass. I won't have time to update today or Saturday, but Friday and Sunday I will.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2018, 02:21:07 pm »

Turn 2

Everybody finally figures out whats going on, and springs into action

Turns

Good Guys

Pre Movement
Winters: advance one row

Bonus
Winters: Prepare an ambush [1]: You try to hide i some tall grass to ambush the bear as soon as it gets into range, but the tall grass was hiding a bog. You sink knee-deep in the mud, and struggle to move yourself. (+1 to all melee attacks against you while you remain in this position)

Bandit: Find good cover [6]: You see your fellow archers take amazing archery positions. You look at a nearby shed, and find an even better area. It has a window to shoot out of, but the rest is hard wood. You venture into the shed, and the visibility is still just as good. In addition, it will be hard for anyone else to get to you (-1 to all ranged attacks against you, +1 movement cost to engage in melee with you while you remain in this position)
Aim at the bear [1]: You try to aim at the bear, but staring at it only solidifies how terrifying the thing is. You suddenly don't feel to good about pissing it off (-1 to next attack)

Zeke 2: Find cover [3]: You duck behind a tree, and think that you will be safe from most projectiles. It is not the best, but it will do (-1 to all ranged physical attacks against you while you remain in this position)
Prepare Magic Bolt [3]: You try to predict the Bear's location for where to fire your shot, but the bear moves to erratically to make such a prediction

Attacks
Sub 2: Power shot Front-Left Leg [1]: You suddenly get a sense of vertigo, and you drop the arrow you were trying to nock. The bear sees this, and unleashes a breath of ice at you.
Free Attack: Freeze Roar [4]: 70 damage! The blast of frozen air hits you like a brick wall. You are tossed back and nearly fall out of your tree. You kneel back up, and notice the front of your skin is turning strange purple colors. Hopefully this is not permanent.
Power shot Front-Left Leg (2-1+1) = [2]: You try to shoot again, but your arms don't seem to be functioning as normal.

Robbin Hood: Power shot Head (3-1+1) = [3]: (25-10) = 15 Damage! You fire a slightly-innacurate shot with all your upper body strength. The arrow strikes the bear in the base of the ear, whizzing straight through the flesh. The bear doesn't even notice in the heat of the battle, but a noticeable amount of blood is seeping through the wound.
Normal shot Head [1]: You try to fire a normal shot at the bear, but it sees you while attacking Sub. It picks up a nearby rock and chucks it at you.
Free Attack: Throw rock (3-1)= [2]: Fortunately for you, the rock hits several branches along the way, and falls short of hitting you.

Post Movement
none

Bad Guys

Movement
Werebear: Move down three rows, engage in melee with Winters

Attacks
none

Post Movement
none
Battlefield
Code: [Select]
Row 9:
Row 8:
Row 7:
Row 6:
Row 5:
Row 4:
Row 3: [Winters (Warrior), Werebear]
Row 2: Sub (archer), Robbin (archer)
Row 1: Bandit (archer), Zeke 2 (mage)

Status

Good Guys
Spoiler: Subject 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cpt. Winters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ezekial Ruyn 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Bandit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Robin Hood (click to show/hide)
Bad Guys

WereBear
Head: 385/400
Body: 1000/1000
Front Left Leg: 300/300
Front Right Leg: 300/300
Back Left Leg: 300/300
Back Right Leg: 300/300

To Kill: Destroy the Head or the Body
To Immobalize: Destroy 2 legs

Spoiler: abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  attacks (click to show/hide)

I'm not really pleased with how ambushes are being handled. It doesn't seem right to attack on the enemy's turn because I would have to make the enemies stupid for it to work, and they could never do the same for you.
After some thinking, I decided that there will be absolutely no attacks outside of an attack action on your turn. Instead, I will add "ambush" as a movement action. What it does, is engages you in melee with the first enemy to move into your row. You won't get to attack on their turn, but you will already be engaged in melee for next turn, which will let you attack twice once your turn comes around.
It can be used to slow a particularly fast enemy from getting to the people behind you, or it can be used in a situation like the start of this turn, where Winter's could start next turn engaged in melee, had the werebear used all his movement.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2018, 02:29:35 pm »

Damnit why are all my rolls shit.

Sub
Heal myself
Make sure the bear doesn’t pay me any mind
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2018, 02:46:24 pm »

The Bandit
1. Normal shoot the bear's head
2. Power shoot the bear's head
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2018, 04:02:48 pm »

I am perfectly fine with the changes to handling ambushes.enemies could set up the same, forcing an impasse where unless I advance I get hammered with ranged attacks, and preventing me from just charging on up to their softer buddies. Kinda like a overwatch move in X-Com.
Winters:
Free myself from the bog, but do not disengage melee combat.
Attack  the front left leg with a heavy swing!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2018, 11:21:35 am »

Turn 3

Turns

Good Guys

Pre Movement
none

Bonus
Winters: Get out of the bog [5]: You see the incoming werebear, and deftly remove yourself from the bog with a nearby vine. You find stable footing, and prepare to fight (debuff removed)

Sub 2: Heal self [4]: You move your limbs to get the blood flowing, and your skin starts turning normal colors again. It still hurts like crazy, but at least you're healing (20 health healed)
Become inconspicuous [3]: You grouch behind some leaves, and hope the bear doesn't notice you. You will at least be safe for a bit (safe from bear attack this turn)

Attacks
Winters: Heavy Strike Front Left Leg (3-1) = [2]: You swing at the terrifyingly large werebear, but the bear is surprisingly nimble, and it rushes around you, dodging the strike.

Bandit: Normal shot Head [6]: (120-10) = 110 damage! You pull back your bow, and aim carefully, before finally releasing the shot. The arrow flies perfectly straight, burring itself in the werebear's left eye. The bear howls in pain, before finding your location, and roaring ice-cold air at you just like it did for Sub
Free Attack: Freeze Roar (5-1) = [4]: 70 damage! You are blasted in retaliation. Your skin starts turning purple at the affected parts, but the shed took the brunt of the damage. If you weren't in cover, you would be dead.
(The bear is too close for you to use power shot, so I'll do another normal shot)
Normal Shot Head: [5]: (80-10) = 70 damage! You ignore the pain, and fire again. It is another beautiful shot. The arrow digs into the beast's throat, drawing a fountain of blood.
Level up! Fully Healed

Post Movement
none

Bad Guys

Movement
none

Attacks
swipe Winters: [2]: The bear takes a swipe at Cpt. Winters, but the experienced soldier dodges it expertly.
Bite Winters: [6]: 360 damage! Frustrated, the bear chomps down at Winters' new position. The bite has so much force the the armor crumples like a tin can. Winters lets out one roar of defiance before being silenced.
Cpt. Winters is dead

Post Movement
move down one row, engage with Robbin Hood

Battlefield
Code: [Select]
Row 9:
Row 8:
Row 7:
Row 6:
Row 5:
Row 4:
Row 3:
Row 2: Sub (archer), [Robbin (archer), WereBear]
Row 1: Bandit (archer), Zeke 2 (mage), Winters 2

Status

Good Guys
Spoiler: Subject 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cpt. Winters 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ezekial Ruyn 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Bandit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Robin Hood (click to show/hide)
Bad Guys

WereBear
Head: 275/400
Body: 1000/1000
Front Left Leg: 300/300
Front Right Leg: 300/300
Back Left Leg: 300/300
Back Right Leg: 300/300

To Kill: Destroy the Head or the Body
To Immobalize: Destroy 2 legs

Spoiler: abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  attacks (click to show/hide)

Sorry about that gap. Everytime I had access to a computer, I got 404 errors.

In the real game, once you die, you can create a new character immediately, some battles you can jump right back in like this one, while some battles will have to wait until the battle is over to rejoin.

Y'all really could use a magic force from Zeke in this situation.

Reminder that archers can not shoot on someone in the same row as themselves.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2018, 11:29:22 am »

Sub
Move to 3
Move to 4

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2018, 12:45:43 pm »

Edit: Nvm.
Winters:
Advance to two.
Prepare to rush (extra movement next turn)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:50:39 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2018, 02:17:24 pm »

Bandit:
Go Up
Go Up
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2018, 02:22:35 pm »

I feel like either the Minotaur needs to deal less damage or we need to have more health.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2018, 04:06:25 pm »

Robbin Hood
1.move to row 3
2.Normal Shot Head
I better hit.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2018, 09:12:25 pm »

I feel like either the Minotaur needs to deal less damage or we need to have more health.
Do you think that less damage but spread across more people will be more fun? Like his attacks hurt lots of people at once?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2018, 05:08:54 am »

It would probably ease the fact that our current foe is capable of insta-kill in melee, has extra movement actions and attacks (because everyone that isnt me is trying to go for the head)  and that this particular monster seems to be at least lvl 3 base, versus four-five lvl 1s.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8