Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Graphics Pack.. How Do I Do this?

(1/2) > >>

DizzyCrash:
Okay so i downloaded mephs and saying i am lost is a understatement.. .what the hell do i do?

Also i have no interest in there monster sprites ( cause who wants spongebob and ninja turtles sprites... ) Cant I just swap them out for somebody elses monsters like gemset?

Deon:
Hello DizzyCrash.

You can map creatures to tiles in /raw/graphics folder. The vanilla DF comes with an example for a simple dwarf. You can also specify professions and war/hunting equivalents for pets as different tiles (sadly no castes).

You can download any existing graphic pack and check the syntax for proper mapping.
Please note that some graphic packs come with pre-packages /raw/objects folder because some tiles of items/stones/plants are swapped for the use of the specific graphic pack.

If you run into any specific issues, please share and we will try to help.

Meph:
Its pre-installed and includes a readme. Best read it first.

Then, if you want to use the included launcher, which is entirely optional, you can always come by the proper thread and get all the help you need.

The less-serious creature sprites are rare in number, less than 1% in total and none of the common animals use weird sprites. There is no 32x alternative for creatures at the moment, so it would be a bit hard to exchange them, and would require both text editing and photoshop, if you want to change individual sprites.

DizzyCrash:

--- Quote from: Meph on April 18, 2018, 07:35:11 am ---Its pre-installed and includes a readme. Best read it first.

Then, if you want to use the included launcher, which is entirely optional, you can always come by the proper thread and get all the help you need.

The less-serious creature sprites are rare in number, less than 1% in total and none of the common animals use weird sprites. There is no 32x alternative for creatures at the moment, so it would be a bit hard to exchange them, and would require both text editing and photoshop, if you want to change individual sprites.

--- End quote ---

I dont want to use the meph file cause its outdated and not .9 yet, i am trying to apply the graphics to my mod but i cant figure it out, its been days but i cant get it to work. Iv copied DF hack and the art file and the init file into my game but the text is still just random images...

DizzyCrash:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13690

Can somebody please help me with this? I have uplaoded my file, i just need somebody with a ounce more experience than myself add the missing file or look at my files and tell me whats wrong. I just need to figure this out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version