Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Stonehearth community settlement - Mountainhome  (Read 11251 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Stonehearth community settlement - Mountainhome
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2018, 11:38:21 am »

Sorry for the lack of updates, I was out of town on vacation for a while. But I'm back and should have an update up in the next day or two.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2018, 12:06:19 am »

Spoiler: Wolf pack (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hard fighting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A blow is struck! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Breathing room (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A glimmer of hope (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Candles in the wind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Still alive? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holding on (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nightfall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: So... (click to show/hide)

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2018, 07:23:57 am »

Urist McKaos will be respawned, and apparently unrelated to the previous incarnation.  Toss him/her straight into military, target Footman Level 5, then might make him an Archer.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 08:30:44 am »

All our friends. :(

I, Mushroom, vow to avenge ye! >:(

Except I have no idea how.  :-[

Did we at least salvage most of the equipment?
Since it looks like food and wealth are going to be plenty with our population so low, I think we should focus on (re-?) building the walls/gates and training a new healer.

Mushroom may need to go back to Footman, since she's the most experienced fighter left, I think? Her HP seems a bit low for the front lines but the extra levels could be invaluable to hold a gate.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:34:37 am by mightymushroom »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2018, 09:40:31 am »

I don't think we lost any equipment, no.

Hard to say. I think Archer generally out-damages the other classes, so while Mushroom is less tanky she's killing stuff faster. Your call, but I'm inclined to leave her as is for now.
Come play Mafia with us!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2018, 11:00:07 am »

Well then I guess not. I'm of the opinion that the best defense is a stout wall, very closely followed by good DPS.
If Mushroom provides the latter, I can let someone else be the meat shield.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2018, 08:49:10 pm »

I’m not really sure what happened in that fight. Jump-cutting straight from “everyone levelled up!” To “everyone died” meant it took me quite a while to even notice I was dead.

Also why were the wolves so incredibly dangerous and how did the entire enemy force end up on the inside of all our defenses
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2018, 09:46:16 pm »

Sorry, it can be a bit tricky to make screenshots make sense.

Basically what happened, is that as part of building the scaffolding to make the wall our people decided to put ladders all the way up to the clifftop. This let the monsters climb down and use our scaffolding to climb over the wall.

The wolves were a problem not because they were super nasty (though they were no pushovers) but because they were fast and everyone was dealing with the big guy. So while we wailed on him and chased him around, the wolves were biting everyone. We took a ton of damage from them even as we were winning against the big guy. And the wolves could easily chase down and maul people running away from them because they were so fast, which made it really hard for us to rescue anyone.

The *everyone leveled* thing happened when we killed the big guy. But shortly after that the people who were taken down early in the fight started dying because they hadn't been rescued.
Come play Mafia with us!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2018, 04:13:36 am »

... Hello?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2018, 09:12:04 am »

Yeah, sorry, been super busy and haven't fired this up in a bit.

I also saw an update from them yesterday that they are going to be moving from Alpha to Beta soon and will not guarantee backwards save compatibility. So I'll try to get in at least another update or two before that happens. But we may have to start over with a new fort sometime soon regardless of how well we are doing.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2018, 12:36:22 pm »

Sorry for the long delay on this. Finally got around to doing the write-up of my session earlier this week.

Spoiler: Where were we? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clean-up duty (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Back to business (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A rustle in the bushes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rebuilding (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2018, 01:36:56 am »

The inner fires of revenge smoulder deep within, it will take many deaths to assuage the burning anger ... let all enemies fall as wheat at harvest.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2018, 09:00:04 am »

I'm just glad to see an update that isn't the entire settlement nearly dying, for once.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2018, 09:11:02 am »

I'm just glad to see an update that isn't the entire settlement nearly dying, for once.

Me too!
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2018, 06:56:05 pm »

And on that generally cheery note, that fort is done. The beta patch has dropped which is supposed to break a number of things.

I'm thinking about starting up a new one in a few weeks once they iron out the inevitable bugs.

Are people interested in me doing another community settlement?
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5