Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Time scaling should have some changes.  (Read 343 times)

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok can’t really be much different from Arceus..
    • View Profile
Time scaling should have some changes.
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:21:29 pm »

Some examples are how it takes weeks to make a small trinket such as a toy. It doesn’t make a lot of sense. If time flowed by half as fast, it may make more sense. (But of course some of you like the time scale and think I’m someone who should be with elves a complete idiot)

In regards to that, time should be able to constantly flow by in adventure mode, but at 1/4-1/3x speed when engaged in combat, and 1/2-2/3x speed while in a menu. This ofc is an option and should be togglable.

Fort mode time should reflect upon this real-time adventure mode stuff, and I guess you could pause it just like in Fortress mode, and Adventure mode time should reflect on Fort Mode time. It should at least be similar, because a dwarf can travel a corridor in a day whilst in Adv mode the same dwarf can do it in 30 ingame seconds. It just seems far too short in Fort Mode.

These are all my opinions so inflict your wrath as you wish upon this because this is the internet.
No amount of mods is too much

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time scaling should have some changes.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 06:35:23 am »

I think we could make fortress mode turn-based and use a single time-frame for everything.  When nothing interesting is happening, the game skips the time, the actual interesting stuff which requires player imput (like combat) happens at adventure mode timeframe.