Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Trying to Install Mephs ( Uploaded File )

(1/3) > >>

DizzyCrash:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13690

I uploaded a copy of my game with the attempt to install mephs..  I really need somebodies help to get this installation to work. for me this is not working its just a pile of symbols and text. I made a file in the mod folder but its getting no traphic and i need to play this at some point today.

DizzyCrash:
God i cant even get the bare bones version working, the same thing happened! All blocks and pictures/no text.

Shonai_Dweller:
Why not try a less complicated tileset first?
Work out how dwarf fortress reads tiles and graphics (Ditch the LNP and do it yourself. Then go for Meph's set).

DizzyCrash:

--- Quote from: Shonai_Dweller on April 18, 2018, 10:51:40 pm ---Why not try a less complicated tileset first?
Work out how dwarf fortress reads tiles and graphics (Ditch the LNP and do it yourself. Then go for Meph's set).

--- End quote ---

Oooor somebody could just tell me how to install mephs, which people seem to be avoiding for some reason. I wait  all day for a response or somebody to solve this for me and nobody responds for hours.

Garfink:
I got it to work this way, download the Meph version preinstalled with Dwarf Fortress/dfhack/etc, copy it to your LNP folder and simply select the Meph folder on booting LNP, voila enjoy. 

(I then manual copy over the interface.txt file to retain my keybinds from my regular game and don't try to change tilesets away from Meph's tileset inside LNP, but it is ok to change fonts/colors/init settings/save settings/etc.)

Read your inquiry on the other thread: Edit.

To update it to 44.09, try this: just do the above and then copy the 44.09 DF over the Meph folder and the updated DFhack on top of that and then the TWBT dlls in the hack/plugin folder.  I believe that should work, you may need to copy over some init folder items to make it work... someone else can chime in here to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version