Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 55104 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness
« Reply #660 on: June 15, 2018, 11:01:29 pm »

This is the fate of Omega Legion: one character repeatedly stabbing himself, another character 'helping' him do so, a Dragon pooping on a machine, and another pointing to the three of them and saying "We better ask those guys what to do. The fate of teh world is at stake, after all."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 15, 2018, 11:24:14 pm »

(In all liklihood, the bowels have already went, so I'll change that to 'close my eyes for a minute until the world stops spinning enough to see what's going on.')

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 16, 2018, 10:17:28 am »

Try and find someone else in need of healing, like Freddy.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 16, 2018, 10:33:49 am »

((Self mutilation was a tactic I learned in planescape dnd to survive the positive energy plane))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 16, 2018, 10:50:08 am »

((Self mutilation was a tactic I learned in planescape dnd to survive the positive energy plane))
((I haven't played D&D(although I want to), but that's actually pretty smart. I would have never thought of doing that.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 16, 2018, 01:29:48 pm »

proceed with the orb placements

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 16, 2018, 11:19:26 pm »

Close my eyes until I get oriented enough to re-open them, to see what's going on.

(Sorry, Freddie is essentially hors du combat at this moment.  Think parapalegic.)
(2) Freddie closes his eyes and waits for the disorientation to pass. It's still a lot, but as long as he keeps his eyes shut, it seems that he can endure it.

((Yeah sorry, I had to write a paper at the liberal last minute so I stayed up for something like 36 hours or so, then slept the sleep debt off. Just getting back to normal now.))

Hmm. I'm not entirely sure if I can see Vladen from where I am, but I can probably hear him, since I seem to be above the Heart. Assuming I can make my way to him without being absorbed by the omegabomination, do so and begin 'helping' him by stabbing him a lot since he requested it.
Hearing Vladen screaming, you recognize the sounds of self-inflicted suffering, and, giggling in delight, you rush to the noise, leaping down from the catwalk with daggers in hand. you land full force on Vladen and hear a bone snap. You then begin stabbing, slashing, and cutting as God and Satan intended. You go into a sort of battle trance getting into a hypnotic rhythm as you work feverishly to keep ahead of the awful, terrible life flowing into him from the cursed Heart. (3) you don't gain much ground, but you do keep him rom exploding into bits, so that's good. Or evil, or ... at this point, who really knows?

Try and find someone else in need of healing, like Freddy.
[auto-succeed] Oh look, there he is, within arms reach, considering you two were dragged together into the Maelstrom. You reach out and grab him, and will the Life energy into him, instead of yourself. Now, what would you like to concentrate on healing here?

proceed with the orb placements
I'm rolling to see how many orbs you get placed before the denizens of the Heart swarm you. 1 means you are attacked immediately, 2 means you get one more orb done, three means you get a total of 4 in place, 4 means you get 8, 5 means 12, 6 means ...I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
(5) Okay, you fly around the heart, placing orbs.  The Inspectors place a set of three sigils in the air surrounding each stone as you go. presumably, these are what will do the thing they want done as well. You are all set now.

(6)v(4) The battle between the Heart and the Omegabomination ends in a flash of brilliant light. The Heart retracts it's tendrils and the Omegabomination stands still for a moment, pulsating with dark spikes. It then reforms, dividing into three bodies, The Omega brand prominently displayed on their foreheads - but like, with a third of the Brand being dominant, while the other two thirds are shadows. Each body then reaches in and grabs hold of one of the Omegas inside the Heart, pulling you all out.  This severs the connection with the Heart, giving Vladen one turn of Healing on Freddie, and disrupting Gak's murdermedic actions as well.

And then the world goes Pure White.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 17, 2018, 02:47:44 pm »

Okay, spaz, what do you try to fix?  Freddie is having most of his body rebuilt.  He's losing the engines and the implants that gave him the napalm-style firebreath.  There will also be a significant amount of stat loss, even after he relearns how to use his body.  We're probably looking at newbie stats or maybe newbie stats with one level after recovering.  He's also like an infant; only capable of mostly uncontrolled and uncoordinated movements.  It'll be a very long time relearning how to use his body, as his brain has to regrow parts and reorganize in order to use the artificial connections that were implanted.  The basic body plan is remaining the same, neck, tail, two wings, and two legs.  Lastly, he isn't going to grow further, as the healing was too agressive with fixing the spine, and to a lesser degree, the other damaged parts.

Anyway, you could probably affect any one of these somewhat with your healing magic, or something else, if you so choose.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 03:07:25 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 17, 2018, 07:23:07 pm »

Well, seeing the state of the two, it's mostly just trying to channel healing blindly into him, so probably just trying to help the implantation and smoothing over the pain.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 18, 2018, 02:01:57 pm »

alright, blind healing it is.

first, I'll roll for where he touches: 5 will be the neck. (1) Tail it is.
now you'll be healing Freddie's body from tail forward, into legs, then up to wings, finally to neck, depending on the roll.
(5) alright Spaz manages to affect Freddie's whole body. I am going to roll for strength of effect on each individual location mentioned.
(6) the tail is healed and animated. It will move on it's own until Freddie has reestablished a brain connection with it.
(3) The legs are healed, but the badly damaged one is healed misshapen, as it was never set properly. Freddie will always limp on it.
(6) The wings are imbued with Chaos Magic. This will have unpredictable effects. Otherwise, they are functional for flight and other normal uses.
(5) The neck is fully restored. This will significantly shorten Fredie's recuperation and PT time necessary to be functional, and it opens the possibility for full control over his natural body once more.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]