Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Power & Pulse "On-Ship"  (Read 7089 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Power & Pulse "On-Ship"
« on: April 18, 2018, 10:35:08 pm »

If you're confused, go look at the main thread.
This thread exists for the purpose of fulfilling the desires of players who are not fortunate enough to be on a mission. Here your character can do things hopefully entertaining, but that won't interfere with the, uh very tactical goings-on of the main game.

So here's how it works: post a bolded action along with your character sheet and someone will provide a "turn" for you. This can be anyone, provided they are not doing their own action. The results of an action may be determined by whatever method you deem fit, such as dice, whim, tarot cards... whatever.
The exception would be intentionally giving an action a bad result out of malice or an attempt to get ahead. Or anything I deem blatantly lore-breaking.

Mages can have trances that happen to work exactly like virtual reality. Convenient, huh?

Recommended activities:
Hunting
Fishing
A game called "PUNCH KAIJU" (Punch a bunch of giant monsters in the face in this "simplified model" of mech piloting!)
A game called "Footslogger 8000" (Exceptionally realistic! Many small details are modeled! Incredibly boring!)
Generalized "what would happen if..." simulator
Weapon design!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power & Pulse "On-Ship"
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:42:38 am »

PTW

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 07:07:57 am »

A word of warning: if I run a turn for anyone, it's going to be postmodern in some way.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:47:18 am »

PTW
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 03:06:09 pm »

Post to watch or run a turn (into the ground).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 03:52:10 pm »

Now if I had a mech suit, hard suit say, with a rail gun in the 6 Megavolt range and I were to fire that rail gun at a set of 4 mages, each with increasingly dense armor made of magical substances, how long would it take my rail gun slug to finish its taxes and return home to find out his wife is cheating on him with the ICBM from across the street?

Please be specific, It is very important.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 03:57:31 pm »

Now if I had a mech suit, hard suit say, with a rail gun in the 6 Megavolt range and I were to fire that rail gun at a set of 4 mages, each with increasingly dense armor made of magical substances, how long would it take my rail gun slug to finish its taxes and return home to find out his wife is cheating on him with the ICBM from across the street?

'Yes.'

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 04:11:44 pm »

Exactly 3.54 grams.

Ahem. So, that would be a light weapon railgun, huh. You line up four mages in armor made of magical substance, of which there is exactly one in the universe. So I assume they're wearing breastplates of frozen arcane or something, whatever. You fire your railgun at the first mage and it is gibbed. You aim for the second mage and pull the trigger, but the railgun fails to fire because railguns are pieces of shit that require constant rail replacement. At this point the other three mages have finished taking off their pointless arcane armor and drop a warehouse of c4 on top of you, blink away, and hit the detonator.
The ensuing explosion atomizes you, your mech and it's railgun, the railgun's slug, the slug's taxes, the slug's wife, and the nuclear ICBM you were foolishly standing on top of.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:58:53 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 09:03:09 am »

Quote from: Recommended activities:
Hunting
Fishing
Try fishing, I guess.

Spoiler: Ursus (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 07:05:53 pm »

Quote from: Recommended activities:
Hunting
Fishing
Try fishing, I guess.

Spoiler: Ursus (click to show/hide)

Tarot Card: Nine of Cups

You wade into a nearby river, completely nude (as you are want to do), summon your claws and go to town. By the time you're done, your claws are buried within at least 30 different fish. The area of where you went "fishing" is clearly marked, with the water behind you turning a deep crimson from all the fish you skewered
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 07:06:40 pm »

I approve of this approach.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 11:07:30 am »

So, what do my new breakbolts look like, and how did I discover the changes to my abilities?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 01:19:15 pm »

So, what do my new breakbolts look like, and how did I discover the changes to my abilities?

Humour: [4] Phlegm.
Cell state: [2] Apoptosis.

Phlegm apoptosis: these bolts destroy things cleanly and efficiently. No nonsense, no pathos, but cold and controlled. Apathetic killing.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 01:21:31 pm by Radio Controlled »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 02:39:11 pm »

'Yes.'

sigged
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 06:30:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2