Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some questions about retiring  (Read 1302 times)

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some questions about retiring
« on: April 19, 2018, 11:16:59 am »

So.. What actually happens after you retire an adventurer? Do they go back into the simulation? Will they live out their lives without my interference? What I'm really looking for is to set up scenarios for my character and let the simulation take them back, so I can view what they do via legends viewer. I'm just sort of worried that if I "retire" they will just sit there waiting to be picked up again and not actually do what they would of done otherwise.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions about retiring
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:45:00 pm »

Adventurers won't do anything particularly interesting, although I think they may be capable of acquiring better gear (especially if they are excellent warriors). They can also participate in battles, which in turn means they can die. Companions will infallibly end up as outsiders (without the aid of gm-editor) unless you retire where you happened to recruit the companion in question. They can also die in battles, and I haven't noticed them doing anything particularly interesting.

Your best bet is to retire your adventurer in a player-made fort, since individuals in such forts seem to be more active in legends. Mind, companions may be hacked into joining a fort, but it does require dfhack.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions about retiring
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 12:48:46 pm »

Well that's unfortunate. I had the idea of taking over a civ and letting the new ruler take over. I was hoping they would follow the personality I gave them and go cause problems for people.