Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FB silk prefixed with name of FB, making really long name. (FIXED?)  (Read 447 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

First of all, I'm not sure if this is a modding issue, but I have been modding the material in question. I didn't find anything on the bug tracker.

I have FB silk on tap, but it's coming out funny. Instead of being 'forgotten beast silk web', 'forgotten beast silk thread', and so on, it's 'The Outrageous Razor's forgotten beast silk web', 'The Outrageous Razor's forgotten beast silk thread', and so on. I also can't tell the weavers to weave it specifically, although they will do so if given a general weaving job. There are multiple entries for forgotten beast silk in the 'details' menu, and none of them match this specific named thread. Produced cloth can be made into The Outrageous Razor's forgotten beast silk items.

The modding I've done is as follows:

1. Changing the name of the silk template to be SILK_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE, and having any creatures in the raw use this thread. This works fine.
2. Making a new SILK_TEMPLATE with adamantine-like material properties, for procedurally-generated creatures to use.

The template the world was generated with is here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a bit sloppy. Recently I fiddled about with it trying to fix the named silk issue:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't know if there are any relevant differences between these two versions.

I've also tried swapping the names of the templates, so that SILK_TEMPLATE is the copy of the original and SILK_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE is the altered version. Didn't cause any changes in silk behaviour.

----------
Edit:

Everything is fine. I turned sponge into adamantine so I could have the weavers take the FB silk and turn it into griffon sponge. But it's called beast silk, so that's okay.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:58:38 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.