Other Projects > Other Games

So I made a minecraft server...

(1/1)

wierd:
I am the proud owner of a small minecraft server, running on a repurposed NAS box. Spec wise, it is about on par with a Raspberry Pi2. (but has two cores)

It is basically vanilla at this point, and I have started the long and laborious process of building roads, castles, and whatnot.  It is currently internet facing if anyone wants to poke about on it. I have imposed a 5 user maximum until I know how much I can stress it.

I have not yet set up a no-ip DNS, but the internet IP of my router has remained unchanged for 5 days solid so far. 
It can currently be reached at:

138.210.237.88:25568

I am more than happy to put extra plugins on, if I can attract some players.

wierd:
Well, I have nearly finished putting down a convenient roadway from my megaproject site to the closest village on the northern part of the island. It runs past several noteworthy locations, including a deep "back entrance" to a very deep subterene trench I discovered. There's also a couple very interesting looking places that look like they would be great to put fortresses on. There's one where lava is gushing out the side of a sheer cliff face and into a river-fed lake. I bet a really epic entrance to an underground base could be made there. I think I will run a branch off the road to there, then get back to working on the castle.

I am thinking that this might be a fun location to do either "Castle defense" or "Faction" gameplay on.

I really want to stress-test this box; Can I get some people to jump on it, and poke around, then give some performance feedback?  My experiences as the only user connected are not really sufficient to gauge the performance of this thing.

Mallos:
I could help out a bit, I guess. I'm impartial to MC and have the client still installed, I think. I'll see about it.

Doomblade187:
I may poke my head in. Not this week, though. D:

wierd:
Fantastic, it will be nice to have somebody other than me playing on it for a change.

I am torn between the idea of exploring everything myself, and leaving loot boxes hidden all over, and leaving everything unspoiled. So far, I have convinced myself that roads just help people not get lost in the otherwise tedious block landscape, by giving a nice, identifiable (and creeper resistant, since I am using obsidian blocks) landmark to find their way around with. 

When the suspended castle megaproject is done, I dont care if people move into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version