Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Raiding and Pilliaging- fps boost method?

(1/5) > >>

Jbehler64:
Hey, I'm one of thlse people that want a larger embark and at least one mist machiene and generator. So fps is a problem.

I really want to boost it through constant raids, but as you all know they often crash in 44.09. What are the known factors for this crash? It seems like larger squad counts increase crash chance... Are many seperate smaller raids more feasible?

In line with smaller raids, are raids more successful at attacking larger, stronger forces than pilliaging is?
Are larger squad pillages more successful as well, or is it really just a question of skill and tactics?

Also has anyone been successful in demanding yearly tribute and what are the factors there? I have a tower near me and want a constant book source...

§k:
I have crash on explore mission, but never in raid, pillage, raze mission.

Loci:

--- Quote from: Jbehler64 on April 21, 2018, 02:51:12 pm ---So fps is a problem.

I really want to boost it through constant raids...

--- End quote ---

Why would you assume that sending dwarves to fight battles off-screen will increase your fps?

Sutremaine:
If they're not in the fort, they're not actively pathfinding or doing lots of sparring combat calculations. I think that's the reasoning behind the OP.

--- Quote from: Jbehler64 on April 21, 2018, 02:51:12 pm ---Are larger squad pillages more successful as well, or is it really just a question of skill and tactics?

--- End quote ---

From the front page, relevant phrase highlighted:

--- Quote ---Non-historical figures will also defend their sites (in particular, vaults are no longer automatically robbed when you send one dwarf to them.) This leads to your dwarves facing large numbers at times, but I made it a little less abstract than the world generation method, so the results should be somewhat less silly (which generally isn't good for your dwarves, as world gen fights sometimes have a single historical figure slay hundreds at a time, but the dwarves' full squads are also respected, so the new worse odds are mitigated.)

--- End quote ---

Loci:

--- Quote from: Sutremaine on April 22, 2018, 11:56:10 am ---If they're not in the fort, they're not actively pathfinding or doing lots of sparring combat calculations.

--- End quote ---

That's a rather misleading comparison since the player is responsible for sparring and (most) unnecessary pathfinding. If you don't want your dwarves burning cpu cycles sparring then the obvious solution is not to order them to spar. There's a similar argument for pathfinding while doing unnecessary jobs. But, even if you're too lazy to modify your labors and schedules appropriately, you can accomplish virtually the same result by simply stationing your spare dwarves somewhere temporarily, without any of the overhead associated with raiding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version