Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Quantum stockpiling clothing

(1/3) > >>

§k:
I recently come to a problem about quantum stockpiling clothing.

Dwarfs seem to fill the minecart very slowly. The setting is correct and haulers are numerous. They occasionally put one or two piece into the cart, but for the most of the time they don't. It's not because the clothing is owned. Some of them are, but most aren't.

Other quantum stockpiles work just fine.

Leonidas:
I don't understand the question. You have a minecart, a QSP, and a regular stockpile. How are they connected?

PatrikLundell:
Loading mine carts is a very low priority job, so dorfs generally don't start to load them until they're out of relevant stockpile hauling jobs (such as when the feeder stockpile gets full, at which time it stops generating jobs. Dorfs can then load a couple of items into the cart before the find that the stockpile now has published new jobs).

§k:

--- Quote from: Leonidas on April 22, 2018, 01:29:29 am ---I don't understand the question. You have a minecart, a QSP, and a regular stockpile. How are they connected?

--- End quote ---

QSP physically consists of a minecart, a track stop, a stockpile, and another stockpile.

--- Quote from: PatrikLundell on April 22, 2018, 02:12:43 am ---Loading mine carts is a very low priority job, so dorfs generally don't start to load them until they're out of relevant stockpile hauling jobs (such as when the feeder stockpile gets full, at which time it stops generating jobs. Dorfs can then load a couple of items into the cart before the find that the stockpile now has published new jobs).

--- End quote ---

I understand it is low priority, but it is even much lower than other loading minecart job. Other feeder pile usually stay empty, but this pile is always not empty, while dwarfs are singing and dancing in the tavern.

n_ll:
patrick (and others), you mentioned that mine carts are low on the totem poll of jobs to do; which reminded me of a potentially dumb question ive been meaning to ask... what exactly determines the priority of particular jobs? is there a way to adjust any of it in the raws? (for instance, i never understood why fishing was so high priority..)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version