Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: I don't want to believe - X-Com Files  (Read 83544 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: I don't want to believe - X-Com Files
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2019, 04:05:06 pm »

No no, you can't rehire Ms Untouchable. The laws of magical thinking clearly work the other way around, and her name should have been Touchable. This will surely be a surefire protection against enemy fire. For sure.

NickAragua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2019, 12:43:10 pm »

I still have no idea what mod this is, but Monsieur Abandonne has passed initial candidate "screening" and would like to surrender. I mean, join the fight.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2019, 07:43:48 pm »

Oh wow, well at least I am honoured to die alongside so many great agents in that bloodbath of a turn. :P

Agent Wowser shall be next to report for duty. Preferably an Australian recruit if you have any, otherwise I guess they're an expat or somethin'.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2019, 09:42:29 pm »

RIP that entire neighorhood.

I'd like to christen a Mr. Rantanplan if possible! It can be a dog but it doesn't have to.

Playing this mod again I found repeated success with night missions by sticking to 3 simple rules:
1) Bring a dog
2) Don't bring any flashlights
3) Fear the ninja

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2019, 09:56:45 pm »

Herr Kaos is pleased with the grenade launcher and subsequent level of 'boom', but more boom is always better, it's like physics … or sumthing.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2019, 05:55:08 pm »

Reading this alien hilarity made me go and buy XCOM 2012. Oh, man, is it bad.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2019, 01:07:52 pm »

I still have no idea what mod this is, but Monsieur Abandonne has passed initial candidate "screening" and would like to surrender. I mean, join the fight.

X-Com Files, one of the most extensive X-Com: UFO Defense mods second only to XPiratez when it comes to sheer amount of content. Vanilla tells the story between shooting down the first sectoid UFO to destroying the alien base on Mars. X-Com files starts before there's any sign of actual alien activity, and while it gets to alien slaughter after a while, there are many sub-plots to keep the game interesting.

Oh wow, well at least I am honoured to die alongside so many great agents in that bloodbath of a turn. :P

Agent Wowser shall be next to report for duty. Preferably an Australian recruit if you have any, otherwise I guess they're an expat or somethin'.   

I can change nationalities no problem. There's also a way to change the face, but I have no idea how to do that.

Herr Kaos is pleased with the grenade launcher and subsequent level of 'boom', but more boom is always better, it's like physics … or sumthing.

Explosions are the purest physics, but also chemistry, mathematics, philosophy, and basic level Spanish. A huge thermonuclear explosion going for billions of years powers our solar system and keeps us all alive. Truly, stuff blowing up is the very essence of the universe.

RIP that entire neighorhood.

I'd like to christen a Mr. Rantanplan if possible! It can be a dog but it doesn't have to.

Playing this mod again I found repeated success with night missions by sticking to 3 simple rules:
1) Bring a dog
2) Don't bring any flashlights
3) Fear the ninja

4) Don't go on night missions

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2019, 03:17:32 pm »

I need a hug.  :'(

That and a new character. Perhaps Mrs. Byrd, angel of vengeance must take the field... Maybe as a sniper.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2019, 04:51:47 pm »

I was midway through a swig of my workday morning Monster when I read that crack about energy drink. >:(   

Soz Byrd, I tried. At least Mister Wowser has already proven himself more useful than his nationality-confused predecessor, I guess.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2019, 07:03:04 pm »

PTW
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2019, 03:56:24 pm »

I was midway through a swig of my workday morning Monster when I read that crack about energy drink. >:(   

Soz Byrd, I tried. At least Mister Wowser has already proven himself more useful than his nationality-confused predecessor, I guess.

I forgot I was playing a boomer game. Maybe I'm too much of a millenial to appreciate good Monster.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2019, 03:01:51 am »

That's a good dog.

The Mauser is beautiful and my baby. High-End agents need a sidearm too!

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2019, 06:26:53 am »

Well, Mr. Zoku didn't last too long. Mostly because he insisted on catching not one but two grenades with his face.

I'll put in for Mr. Windhurst.

NickAragua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2019, 08:34:27 pm »

Wow, this mod is hardcore. My first mission out, two guys at night. Played out like a horror movie - the two dudes climb out of the car, start shooting at unidentified threats (so dark I couldn't see, and I forgot flares/flashlights). They kill two hostile targets. Hit the end turn button, both get ripped to shreds by melee attacks. I didn't even see what killed them.

Kudos to you, SQMan, for making as much progress as you have.

Solarius Scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Intergalactic Radio Station
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2019, 06:53:42 am »

Wow, this mod is hardcore. My first mission out, two guys at night. Played out like a horror movie - the two dudes climb out of the car, start shooting at unidentified threats (so dark I couldn't see, and I forgot flares/flashlights). They kill two hostile targets. Hit the end turn button, both get ripped to shreds by melee attacks. I didn't even see what killed them.

Use the Nightvision mode.

Kudos to you, SQMan, for making as much progress as you have.

Yep, very good!
(Also, I hope my third incarnation lives a bit longer.)
Dwarf Fortress: Strike the earth for all it's worth!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15