Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: I don't want to believe - X-Com Files  (Read 84699 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: I don't want to believe - X-Com Files
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2019, 04:51:37 am »

-Whoops, wrong thread-

Damn, that must have been a bummer......
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

NickAragua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2019, 05:46:14 pm »

Well, a dart gun is a decent practice weapon, less likely to kill yourself if you shoot yourself in the foot.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2019, 02:21:09 pm »

>emotions after first half

WAO I am murder, knight of kills C:

>emotions after second half

erryone dying and that's horrible :c

That's X-Com baby! You think you're death incarnate, slaying legions of mutons on your way, then in the next mission a lucky sectoid kills half of your squad with a plasma pistol.

Amazing tactical victory against overwhelming odds.

I could have prevented some of those deaths if I had decided to grab the avatar and run away. Rescuing almost all passed out agents was a great achievement though.

Well, a dart gun is a decent practice weapon, less likely to kill yourself if you shoot yourself in the foot.

But making darts for agents' use takes time that could be used for making darts for selling to God knows who.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2019, 02:26:41 pm »

But making darts for agents' use takes time that could be used for making darts for selling to God knows who.
To Bill Cosby, most likely.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2019, 08:59:21 am »

^^ Too soon??
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2019, 09:08:28 am »

So you have to loose the campaign to make Piratez reality, right?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2019, 04:22:11 pm »

To Bill Cosby, most likely.

Oof, but like Roblox death sound oof, not like dismissive Reddit response oof.

I do want to play XPiratez after this. I guess canonically I fail this, even if I win. According to XPiratez lore, humanity, meaning X-Com got up to laser guns, but at the same time UAC had plasma guns already. I'm sure we could explain it with X-Com Files actually being a simulation run inside the commander's brain, but that would be just silly.
I also don't know how much of the bootypedia articles I'd be able to showcase, since most of them contain treasure chest and booty.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2019, 05:34:35 am »

Duplicated pic there at the end of the mansion mission, SQman…...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2019, 06:33:55 am »

I deny everything. Any mistakes are a result of alien meddling, not carelessness.
Things like that happen because I mostly play late at night. It's a bad habit, but the One More Turn Syndrome is real.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2019, 09:19:33 am »

I do want to play XPiratez after this. I guess canonically I fail this, even if I win. According to XPiratez lore, humanity, meaning X-Com got up to laser guns, but at the same time UAC had plasma guns already. I'm sure we could explain it with X-Com Files actually being a simulation run inside the commander's brain, but that would be just silly.
I also don't know how much of the bootypedia articles I'd be able to showcase, since most of them contain treasure chest and booty.

I just censor them in my LP.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2019, 05:25:03 pm »

I would enjoy being part of another xpirates campaign … … the only problem is the same as for xcomfiles, and that is when dioxine inevitably updates the mod and the decision has to be:
    1) play on, or
    2) update the save.
  Should make a decision about that before you start.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2019, 06:22:03 pm »

Am I still alive?  I haven't heard about Mr. Jack for a while, so maybe I died without noticing?
If dead, reincarnate as Ms. Jack.  She usually does better anyways.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2019, 02:55:43 am »

I would enjoy being part of another xpirates campaign … … the only problem is the same as for xcomfiles, and that is when dioxine inevitably updates the mod and the decision has to be:
    1) play on, or
    2) update the save.
  Should make a decision about that before you start.

Usually you can update and play on. I've been playing my campaign since summer and went through every version on the way.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2019, 07:02:32 am »

All this talking about Piratez... Guys, we're still really far away from that.

Yeah, updating those mods cause minor problems at worst: items in storage changing, missing some fun early missions taht get added, missing some cool early game gadget, nothing game-breaking.

Am I still alive?  I haven't heard about Mr. Jack for a while, so maybe I died without noticing?
If dead, reincarnate as Ms. Jack.  She usually does better anyways.

Mr. Jack died in April 1998 during an industrial investigation. It was the one with EGGSALT and staplers. It's harder to keep track of each individual agent when there's 16 of them on each mission, and we're facing 30 enemies at the same time. That's also why I don't go over missions in such detail anymore. Good thing there's FILES submenu.

And for some reason we can see your psi strength, even though you were killed before we figured out how to do it. You'd have been a great psychic, damn.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2019, 07:43:01 am »

I think I was too eager to show that security guard how sharp my axe was … … he reacted poorly when I demonstrated my honing technique.  I guess, in the end, all diplomacy eventually ends up at the same place.....

"Have a face full of axe"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15