Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: I don't want to believe - X-Com Files  (Read 84718 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: I don't want to believe - X-Com Files
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2019, 04:44:45 pm »

I've been using crossbows underwater to fairly good effect. They even do scratch damage to lobsters when they highroll. Otherwise, there's a handy filter in the buy or base inventory menus that will show you what you can use underwater. So far I'm limited to Staffs of Dagon, Melee, Staplers and Crossbows, but I'm sure the Gauss/Mass Driver weapons will come along eventually.

On a related note, this LP has inspired me to start playing the mod myself. It's been great fun so far, thanks for introducing it to me.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2019, 07:26:00 pm »

Live megaworms look rather like chokos.
Also, I'm surprised to learn Mr. Beugs is even still alive, I was beginning to wonder if he'd met his end somehow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2019, 05:07:58 pm »

I'm contemplating not even checking if the latest iteration of Birdvig is alive. I come in and just sort of assume the last one died again.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2019, 08:46:28 am »

I've got a question, I've never played X-Com so is there a chance that we could go and reclaim Ainsley Harriott HQ or is it lost for good?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2019, 09:07:40 am »

It is lost.
It would be cool if mods could make a reclaim mission, where you would find your damaged base, but it is not possible. And in most cases the enemy would want to make sure that there is nothing left to reclaim anyway.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2019, 09:32:19 am »

I would imagine the bases are rigged to blow if the aliens overwhelm the defenders anyway, especially bases with prototype weapons and anything else we wouldn't want the aliens getting their hands on.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2019, 10:52:37 am »

I think the aliens wouldn't want to dirty their hands with most of our primitive weaponry. :D

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2019, 10:58:05 am »

So much tuna steaks dead fishmen!

My inner cat approves ;v

Wait till we encounter lobstermen! We'll open up a seafood restaurant once it's over, I swear. Even if we lose.

I've been using crossbows underwater to fairly good effect. They even do scratch damage to lobsters when they highroll. Otherwise, there's a handy filter in the buy or base inventory menus that will show you what you can use underwater. So far I'm limited to Staffs of Dagon, Melee, Staplers and Crossbows, but I'm sure the Gauss/Mass Driver weapons will come along eventually.

On a related note, this LP has inspired me to start playing the mod myself. It's been great fun so far, thanks for introducing it to me.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I know all about filters and menus, but I have most stuff hidden away to make navigating the menus easier. I used crossbows in underwater missions in XPiratez with moderate success. Staplers are pathetically weak, their range is also pitiful, and the accuracy... gas cannons are a must, now we know.

I'm contemplating not even checking if the latest iteration of Birdvig is alive. I come in and just sort of assume the last one died again.

Have some faith in me, will you? Ultimate Birdvig is still functional, and what's more, he/she's actually getting useful.

Live megaworms look rather like chokos.
Also, I'm surprised to learn Mr. Beugs is even still alive, I was beginning to wonder if he'd met his end somehow.

Mr. Beugs got fired shortly after I realized how little activity his brain displays. The soldiers of Gordon Ramsay HQ had good survival rate, because nothing is ever happening in Africa, so they can just train in the gym in safety.

I would imagine the bases are rigged to blow if the aliens overwhelm the defenders anyway, especially bases with prototype weapons and anything else we wouldn't want the aliens getting their hands on.

If this was vanilla X-Com, I would say it's the aliens who blow up bases so we can't recover anything there is in there. After all, X-Com never builds anything the aliens don't or can't have. Even the Avenger is nothing compared to, let's say, T'leth. Here, where the Syndicate is also involved in base raids, I guess your explaination works better. Imagining minotaurs with shoulder-mounted laser cannons gives me the chills.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2019, 02:52:02 pm »

Oh, no worries! I'm just entertained by how many Birdvig corpses litter the morgue. Hopefully Ult. Birdvig finally does what all other Birdvigs failed to do... Live!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2019, 03:08:23 am »

Not too surprising the Avalanche armed thunderstorm couldn't down a supply barge, I think. The avalanche is a nice 100 damage, but you only get 3 of them per mount. Compare that to the light missile stingray mount dealing 60 and having 6 ammo, or the heavy missile stingray mount 60 and 12. Avalanche is a niche sniper weapon for attritioning enemies without having to close under fire, if you're wanting a brawl fit two heavy stingrays.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2019, 12:20:21 pm »

Heavy stingrays exist, of course! I completely forgot, to be quite honest. The thunderstorm is made for speed, so I guess it was a big mistake to arm it with long-range missiles.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2019, 01:13:47 pm »

That one image with white X's all over south america was delightful uwu
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NickAragua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2019, 03:34:23 pm »

From what I remember in Vanilla, the Firestorm kind of blew chunks - it had very short range and wasn't very fast (except compared to the standard interceptor). I usually skipped it and the Lightning and went straight for the Avenger, which could fly around the world several times and the only thing that gave it pause was battleships.

I'm guessing, given the amount of detail this mod has, that they balanced the Firestorm a bit better.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2019, 04:28:12 pm »

More kills to the Wind!

Can't wait to see a dream mission.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2019, 05:12:20 pm »

That’s an accurate summary of the ships in Vanilla. Looking forward to how they stack up in this mod once we get there.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15