Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: I don't want to believe - X-Com Files  (Read 83541 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: I don't want to believe - X-Com Files
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2019, 04:06:13 pm »

RIP Zombie/Zamboni Birdvig. May their contributions be forgotten. Seriously, zombie soldiers? The scientists who thought of that should be fired.

No, warped genetics is clearly where it is at. Mayhaps, Hybrid Birdvig, formed with the DNA of the still living, but terrified members of the Birdvig clan be answer that is needed to solve this crisis!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2019, 05:04:56 pm »

Good grief, what a bloodbath!
All this action and we of Paula Deen HQ didn't get in on any of it? I suppose I should just be thankful to have survived this update...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2019, 02:45:56 am »

Thanks for taking one two for the team, Birdvig. I think that's what kept the latest incarnation of Zoku alive.  :P

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2019, 03:54:18 pm »

Ah no worries, it's the old Birdvig motto in action, "We live to sacrifice ourselves through service."

Pity that the last several chaps took that one literally...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2019, 02:33:23 pm »

Pikachu1, reporting for duty!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2019, 06:07:41 pm »

This time I was having black tea with almonds. Not very good, I'll tell you that.

Shotguns work well against shields, at least in piratez, because they don't have resists, so raw damage output it what brings them down.

Too bad you don't have Arena Flak at your disposal.

Yeah, I figured out buckshot with its higher overall damage output would be better against ethereals. The problem here is that until we get hyper-wave decoders, we have no way to know which species is in a downed UFO, and packing buckshot against gazers or mutons would be just silly.

Good grief, what a bloodbath!
All this action and we of Paula Deen HQ didn't get in on any of it? I suppose I should just be thankful to have survived this update...

Paula Deen HQ still isn't equipped, because New Kitchen had more important things to manufacture - a thunderstorm, stun darts B, personal armor for spaghetti-limbed rookies. Meanwhile the Butter Marines, or whatever I had decided to call them, were training in the gym and the psi-lab.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2019, 07:43:50 pm »

Lasers are really complex to unlock, as I recall. There's a tech viewer you can access by pressing Q on the geoscape which could help, or middle mousing research subjects in the research menu shows what they can lead to.

Amusingly, I got lasers long before I got pulse, as the syndicate storyline has progressed so slowly I haven't even seen anything beyond labs and warehouses.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2019, 01:15:03 am »

Two organizations in one update? Niiiice.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2019, 04:24:18 pm »

Lasers are really complex to unlock, as I recall. There's a tech viewer you can access by pressing Q on the geoscape which could help, or middle mousing research subjects in the research menu shows what they can lead to.

Amusingly, I got lasers long before I got pulse, as the syndicate storyline has progressed so slowly I haven't even seen anything beyond labs and warehouses.

I had no spoiler tech tab thing enabled, but after the update it disabled on its own for some reason. Apparently the secret is the elerium battery, which needs elerium battery prequisite, which in turn requires an alien engineer interrogation. We've interrogated an engineer already, but it was before I updated from the beaned version. Welp, let's see how that turns out.

At least pulse tech is very much skippable. Bonus damage that is still completely negated by armor can't compare to overall better stats of BlackOps smartguns. Lasers are not skippable at all.

Two organizations in one update? Niiiice.

Two organizations? In my update? It's more likely than you think!

Spoiler: File 41: Slow Month (click to show/hide)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2019, 07:36:57 pm »

Oh, the secret with the elerium battery is the type of lab required. Probably the first time it comes up.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2019, 12:30:07 am »

If we ever need a new plane for the Paula Deen HQ we should name it the dump dinner.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2019, 01:01:52 am »

If we ever need a new plane for the Paula Deen HQ we should name it the dump dinner.

Or Fast Food, if its Firestorm (or was it Lightning I forgot which is the faster).
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2019, 02:15:06 am »

The Firestorm, base. That was about its only thing, as it was otherwise weak, short ranged and lightly armed. But at least it could haul ass!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2019, 02:52:50 am »

So, "Chinese Take-Away", then...….
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2019, 04:35:15 pm »

Drinking something called N'gine energy drink. Tastes like a cheap energy drink to no surprise, but it's no Kong Strong, the king of all cheap energy drinks.

Oh, the secret with the elerium battery is the type of lab required. Probably the first time it comes up.

Doesn't it actually require alien language that relies on alien chemistry that can be obtained from engineers and medics? Or maybe it needs alien codes, which also seems likely. I just don't know, and it's not like I'm not capturing aliens anyway, so that doesn't matter too much.

And, guys, I have to confess to something - I don't actually know anything about celebrity chefs other than what I learned from memes...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15