Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [47.05]/[50.+] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.30  (Read 82805 times)

Yakefa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow that looks pretty good, great work!

donoya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey. Are there any differences with the workshops available for the other races? I used to play masterwork DF back in the day and am looking for something comparable in terms of content.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile

Hey. Are there any differences with the workshops available for the other races? I used to play masterwork DF back in the day and am looking for something comparable in terms of content.

Most things are available for everyone, even the new workshops. All though every civ has its own unique ability to create a specified type of metal, as well as not all weapons can be made from one civ to another. Both elves and roflorians are the only ones who can create wood weapons/gear, and certain civs won't make bone weaponry. I think that's it for the most part... lol
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V5.3 (Races, Beasts, Secrets Oh My!!)
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2020, 11:27:34 am »

Hello everyone, and friendly bump!

A while ago my computer may have died.. though I am hoping the hardrive/files can still be saved. If not then at least there is a file on this site for me to continue from lol.d Only bad part is i dont remember what I wrote down for misc changes.. so.. the wait sadly continues.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Necro991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2020, 02:02:48 pm »

Are the Gindrae not supposed to have any nobles or positions? I've started a new fortress and I don't have an expedition leader, or the ability to set managers, clerks, chief doctor, etc. I also can't create squads as them.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2020, 10:25:32 pm »

Are the Gindrae not supposed to have any nobles or positions? I've started a new fortress and I don't have an expedition leader, or the ability to set managers, clerks, chief doctor, etc. I also can't create squads as them.

Due to the recent DF Update, all Dark Fortress related Civs positions are created during worldgen, and because of this, it causes crash/confliction issues with custom made positions. So till this issue is fixed, I just removed them temporarily  :/

Necro991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2020, 01:43:38 pm »

Due to the recent DF Update, all Dark Fortress related Civs positions are created during worldgen, and because of this, it causes crash/confliction issues with custom made positions. So till this issue is fixed, I just removed them temporarily  :/

Ah, damn. Thanks for the response. I really enjoy playing this mod!

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V5.4 (Races, Beasts, Secrets Oh My!!)
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2020, 06:28:00 pm »

Friend Bump, also, as for future updates.. I am not sure on what to add.. cuz the mod itself already feels quite alot, tho currently I have been on other games so I havnt had to much time to continue going thru the mod if anything else is needed, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to suggest :P

Banandlan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2020, 01:31:36 pm »

Hey there, been having a lot of fun with this mod/expansion!  Got a pretty funny bug report too, regarding the 'Make Cloth Doll' reaction at the clothesmaker's workshop.

Short version: Each reaction makes 10,000 cloth dolls.  I guess this is because each bolt of cloth has 10,000 'units' inside it for use at a hospital, so instead of using a whole bolt for a doll, it's using every subunit.

The anecdotal bit:  I was doing a silly Santa's Workshop kind of fort that trades toys, and when I saw the cloth dolls options, I figured that'd be an easy, renewable value source.  So I set the tailors at it and put it out of my mind to await the next caravan while I focused on other tasks.
Only ten minutes later, I realize why things are starting to slow down as we have hundreds of thousands of dolls exploding out of every door and window in the fortress, and my fortress value has soared past all the wealth limits for sieges and megabeast attacks.  At least we met the toy quota in record time this year!  And the next few decades.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2020, 09:46:25 am »

Hey there, been having a lot of fun with this mod/expansion!  Got a pretty funny bug report too, regarding the 'Make Cloth Doll' reaction at the clothesmaker's workshop.

Short version: Each reaction makes 10,000 cloth dolls.  I guess this is because each bolt of cloth has 10,000 'units' inside it for use at a hospital, so instead of using a whole bolt for a doll, it's using every subunit.

The anecdotal bit:  I was doing a silly Santa's Workshop kind of fort that trades toys, and when I saw the cloth dolls options, I figured that'd be an easy, renewable value source.  So I set the tailors at it and put it out of my mind to await the next caravan while I focused on other tasks.
Only ten minutes later, I realize why things are starting to slow down as we have hundreds of thousands of dolls exploding out of every door and window in the fortress, and my fortress value has soared past all the wealth limits for sieges and megabeast attacks.  At least we met the toy quota in record time this year!  And the next few decades.

Thats actually kinda hilarious lol, but jokes aside, I will get on this and look into it! Not sure why I didn't notice this before...cuz i've made a few in a few of my worlds but never noticed, but never the less, will triple check and will be right back to this post in a bit.

Edit: well crap, it just happened for me.. Not sure what I did or change from the original test, but I will try to get a new version out to fix this issue within the next 12 hours!

Also, I had to abandon the newest fortress i made a while back and unretire the first one I had (in my test world), and the first message i get was "Horrifying screams come from the darkness below" lol. Never even opened up the underworld yet.. odd.

2nd Edit: Issue should now be fixed with V5.5!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 10:25:26 am by Fatace »

Zalthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2021, 06:31:21 pm »

Has the latest 0.47.05 update fixed this issue of yours?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V5.5 (Races, Beasts, Secrets Oh My!!)
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2021, 02:21:18 am »

I have not checked yet (actually right before i posted this, I asked in the Modding questions thread if the
"Fixed w.g. crash related to dark fortress civs having fixed positions not held by demons" fix actually lets us make new positions lol) If i do end up getting a good response, I will probly release a update for the new version, but due to another project of mine hogging my time, I may not add them yet, cuz I was originally thinking of waiting to add the positions to it when I release the TAE update n what I had planned. Hopefully I begin work on this DF mod at the end of Feburary.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V6 (Races, Beasts, Secrets Oh My!!)
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2021, 03:48:39 pm »

Version 6.0 is now out! With multiple new additions!... and the best part is that we finally have Dark Fortress Positions back! YAY!

Now... if I continue this world and find something I missed that needs a fix.. I swear to Armok, I will open the spire and let my dwarves taste hell.

Naltharial

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2021, 10:05:43 pm »

I'm not sure how to use the Civ Equipment armor. Playing the Kytsuni, making Sunite armor (Sunfire Gold) makes them just impossible to equip. Maybe it's a consequence of the extended coverage, but I wasn't able to equip them at all, even with Replace on and a basically naked person. I had to melt all of them and just make the ordinary versions.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2021, 07:22:05 pm »

I got it to work just fine o_o

^ was testing it with Iron

^ then tested with sunfire gold

They equip them for me, are you sure you have your equipment set to wear that type of gear?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7