Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: [47.05]/[50.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.20  (Read 81536 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
[47.05]/[50.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.20
« on: April 22, 2018, 04:33:36 pm »

The Aeramore Expansion Mod Basic Info
=================================

Welcome to the Aeramore Expansion.
This mod takes in the Vanilla concept and adds more spice, culture, and FUN to the game. New Races, Beasts, Weapons, Secrets, Destruction, Chaos, and so much more that is listed below! When you chose to use this mod, make sure you are
either playing on a Medium or Large map if you want the full fun experience of all races, and if you wish to experience all
Secrets that there is to know, you may need to use Advanced World Creation to raise the number of secrets. It's your choice..
but beware.. this world might seem nice, simple, and full of life, but deep down inside, its dangerous. So have fun! This mod also allows you to play as all races except for the Cave related races! Difficulty wise for this Mod, I would say it can be difficult, easy at times with all the new things, but also dangerously hard at other times.

Note: Steam Release of this mod has been updated, now we just wait for Adventure Mode to release.

';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;''CONTENTS OF MOD'';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;'
====.,;' Quick Gist of the Mod:
 - All Civs Playable.
 - Tons of Weapons, Metals, Plants, Gear, ect. (read below for more info)
 - Alot of new Creatures, beasts, and deadly beings.
 - 32 Total Secrets added.
 - Many new Reactions, specially for adventure mode!
 - Guide within the Zip file to help you figure out what things are, will need to use Control+F to find things!
====================

========.,;'All Creatures';,.========
 ===========================

Spoiler: 21 All New Civ Races (click to show/hide)
===========================

========.,;'32 New Secrets to Discover';,.========
====================================

===.,;'A BUNCH of New Weapons, Gear, n Tools';,.====

Spoiler: List of New Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: List of New Equipment (click to show/hide)

========.,;'7 New Workshops';,.========

Spoiler: New Workshops (click to show/hide)

=====.,;'All new Minerals, Metals, Plants ect.';,.=====

Spoiler: New Minerals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New Metals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New Trees & Plants (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New Drink Types (click to show/hide)

========.,;'Misc Additions';,.================

Spoiler: New Blessings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New Types of Curses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Extra Misc Info (click to show/hide)

============
DOWNLOADS:

Version V7.0 [47.05]: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16177

Version V7.1 Classic [50.xx]  https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16266

Version V7.11 [50.xx] Steam/Itch: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16225

Reminder: For Classic version, all you need to do is unzip the file, and place the mod into the "mods" folder in your DF Folder.

============

Note: I have done alot of testing, but there is more or less likely a chance of something I may need to fix or
a bug that I have missed, if you are playing with this mod and notice any, please post on forums!
Also Feedback is very welcomed! It will help me learn more on what to do and not do! Fixes or changes will probly be made as time goes on.

===
The Patches may take a while to get out, due to being busy at times, but also waiting on certain DF Vanilla releases at
times.
===

Future Plans:
- N/A

============
Notice:
 ~ Patch Notes, Bug Issues, and Advanced World Parameter Templates have been moved to the Top of Page 2, due to space limitation in this post.
============
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 09:41:45 am by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: [44.09] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V1.2
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 11:08:11 pm »

Would you mind giving a brief little explaining on the races you have in your mod, please?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.09] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V1.2
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 01:24:54 am »

=====.,;'Race/Civilization Information;,.=====

-Dwarfs:
Same usual Dwarfs that you all know and love! Except these dwarfs are master smiths and know how to craft almost every
type of weapon and ammo that can get the blueprints from! They are one of the only 2 races that know how to make Adamantine bars.

-Humans:
Same as the Vanilla humans, only difference is that they know how to forge "Palidium".
The word Palidium comes from Paladin + Palladium combined.

-Elfs:
Still the same tree lovers as before! They can use base metals. They also know how to craft a stronger version
of a bow. They know how to craft special metals with the Arcane Forge using nature that surrounds them.

-Goblins:
Still the same pretty much! But... thanks to the demons below... they know how to make more standard iron.. stronger..

-Orks:
These creatures are alot like goblins, but more buffed, stronger, and alot more ruthless, even though they tend to ally with goblins,
they still see them as weak, just like every other race. They only want to cause havoc and rule the world. They are also
purposely spelled as "Ork" instead of "Orc" incase someone else uses a Orc mod combined with this, to help show the difference.
Best way to envision how these Orks look is something similar to WoW's Orcs.

-Saedra:
The Saedra are basically the Elfs who grew tired of the Hippy ways and went out and north and pretty much became Snow Elfs.
They are similar to normal humans but they have the ability to forge "Quicksilver". They do not care for trees or animals
like the Elfs, but they are still familiar with the animals. The name is derived from the S in snow Elfs, and the "Daedra" from Skyrim.
The Saedra basically have the same look as normal Elfs, but whiter skin. The Saedra are often seen as a quiet and secure race,
with very little violence. They mostly believe in being calm and living with the harsh elements will make them stronger.

-Kreemara:
The Kreemara are a winged humanoid creature with heads resembling owls. They are 1 of the 3 Races that are able to fly(*).
They mainly live in trees but they are not offended like the Elfs. They know how to properly forge metal as well.
The Kreemara enjoy they're life by protecting everything innocent, they basically see themselves as Protectors, or those
who bring justice. The name Kreemara came from "Kree-Arra" A boss from a MMORPG called Runescape, which his race is
basically a humanoid bird race. They know how to forge Steel into something stronger.

-Kytsuni:
The Kytsuni are a fox humanoid race with long tails and ears. The culture is based of eastern style, they use unique blades
for swords to defeat their enemies. They are also faster in speed than the normal human. They have the ability to forge
Sunfire Gold. They are see as cunning creatures who are smart and loyal, but also can be mischievous as well. The name Kytsuni
is a mix of the Japanese words: Kyuubi and Kitsune, which both mean Fox.

-Nagorian:
The Nagorians are a Naga like race, with no legs, but with tails used as movement. They also have the ability to swim very
well and breath underwater. They also know how to forge Scalion Metal, which is a strong blunt metal. In most cases the Naga race is usually seen as the typical enemy, but
this race is very neutral due to their low population rate.

-Roflorian:
The Roflorians are a plant-like humanoid race that was formed in the deepest parts of the forest through a special deity magic.
They are very similar to the Elfs, as in they are basically hippies as well. They hate seeing wood being used or animals being harmed.
The Roflorians took the form of a human in a similar manner, but with petals coming out of the back of the neck and green skin, with
the hair of the race depending on the gender. The name was derived from Rose + Flower. They know how to craft special metals
with the Arcane Forge using nature that surrounds them. They also only need water to survive.

-Etharlu:
The Etharlu are basically taller gnomes, about a few inches taller than a dwarf, but alot skinnier.
They have high intelligents, and are very skilled in engineering. They are seen as the cousins to dwarfs, even when
they have civil arguments between one another. They also have the knowledge to forge a rare metal called Mythrillium.

-Draconei:
The Draconei are a humanoid dragon race, although they cannot breathe fire, they are very resistant to all forms of heat.
This race prefers seclusion from everyone else, but they enjoy trading with those whom are allied. They are a strong race
with tough skin. Its best not to upset this race, because they are surprisingly powerful. Despite being a dragon like race,
they do not have the ability to fly. They know the secret to enhance steel and forge it into Dragon Steel.

-Jorh:
The Jorh are a peaceful and spiritual race, who are humanoid creatures almost resembling elk's in a way, with large antlers.
Even though they live in the woods and in trees, they are not offended by chopping trees or harming animals. They are neutral
in most cases, but will fight back if angered. The name derives from the race "Jahara" from Final Fantasy 12, who were a
similar race, best to envision them for appearance. Thanks to their ancestral knowledge, they know how to refine bronze into stronger metal.

-Morealian:
The Morealians are another peaceful, yet protectful race, similar to the style of monks in most cases, they try to
keep peace while spreading the knowledge. Despite being peaceful, they can be a bit more dangerous as enemies. This race
is similar to the humans, but with different facial features, etc. They have the ability to craft Astrillium in their own Arcane Forges.

-Itchlari:
The Itchlari are a insectoid race, similar to grasshoppers, but more or less in a human-upright position when standing.
The chitin on the bodies of the Itchlari are stronger than most chitin, allowing them to be more durable. They also
have the ability to fly as well(*). Regaurdless of their tough chitin and the ability to fly, they are low on weight, and
struggle using alot of weapons, so their choice of weapons are very small. This race also believes they are the "prime" or
"best" race out there, wanting to destroy everyone they see as "weak" to them. With their wide knowledge on things, they have perfected the
ability to make titanium much stronger, and more fancier.

-Zhaahara:
The Zhaahara are a strange inorganic race, from the depths of the world, mostly coated in strange rock like scales.
The existence of these creatures are unknown, but they do possess similar organs like other mammals. They have
strong enough scales to resist most fire damage, but not dragon fire. The name Zhaahara came from a mix of the "Sahara" desert,
as well as a bit of reference to the "Tz-haar" race from runescape. They also know how to forge Orichalcum.

-Crobold:
The Crobold are a more evolved race of Kobolds. They are taller and stronger in size, allowing them to do alot more.
Buuut... they still act the same.

-Aerian:
The Aerian race was formed on a lost island full of people, who then set out to discover the world on their own. While the
race is based of a amazonian like tribe with only women, the Aerian's body sculpture is slightly different to humans, and
their looks look almost always feminine regaurdless of gender. The Aerians live amoung the world seeing themselves as
brave warriors who value loyalty and honour very highly. The gods they worship have granted them the knowledge to forge
a special type of silver metal.

-Tulmanian:
The Tulmanian are also similar to the humans, but with many different facial and body features. The Tulmanians are the ones
who you see as "pirates" they ride the seas and mostly make towns on the sea edges. They are seen as rebels in most cases,
and have the highest bandit rate out of all the races. While they are known as fighters, those who wanted more sparkle have
developed a way to enhance brass into a sharp Augmented form.

-Faexari:
The Faexari are a evolved form of the average fairy, over time they used magic to increase their height and stature to
more human levels, but as of now they are only as tall as Dwarfs. While these creatures live mostly in the trees, they too
are not offended by chopped wood or animals, in fact, they know how to harvest the special Echanoriat tree found only in
Good biomes, and combine its magical properties with Arcanium to create a stronger metal. This is also the last of the 3
races that are able to fly(*).

-Vargeon:
The Vargeon race are made of humanoids (wether it be Human, Aerian, Tulmanian, ect.) Who have been brought back to life
by the power of the demon who is controlling everyones life force. This race is small, you would only see 1 or 2 Fortresses
throughout time, but they do not go down easily. Their bodies may look like they are decaying, but they are still
fit and strong to fight. The name is in reference to a streamer.

-Yjorel:
The Yjoreal are a Cheetah-like humanoid with tails, ears, etc... but the only difference is they have a high love for both
alcohol and jewelry. The speed of the Yjorel is much higher than the Kitsuni. With alcohol being mentioned, they are also like
Dwarfs, to where they need alcohol to survive! Due to their love of gems.. they have figured out how to use the Arcane Forge to make
beautiful and dangerous metals out of Iron and Steel.

-Urhorken:
The Urhorken are a strange gray skinned race who were originally dwelling underground, but have rose to the surface after
meeting with the Dwarfs. Since then the Urhorken and the Dwarfs have helped one another. Did I also mention the Urhorken
have 4 arms instead of just 2? They are also alcohol dependent thanks to the Dwarfs! They know how to craft Emraldyte gems
and turn them into weapons.

-Gindrae:
The Gindrae, just like the Vargeon race, are made of up humanoids but those who were born as half demons, and over time with
each breed and birth, they formed a small civilization. Despite them being half demons, they are not completely evil, unless
you invoke the wrath of them, but likewise, they would much rather be left alone, since most who come across them quickly
shun them just for being half demon, which is why they rather be left alone. They also know how to correctly smelt Adamantine.

(*) = The races that have wings that SHOULD be able to fly, have been currently been disabled due to poor Pathing issues with
FLIER creatures in Fortress mode, once this has been fixed in future DF releases, this will be changed back!

============================
DIFFICULTY:
============================
This is to tell how difficult it is to play the race (Fortress or Adventure mode)
[Easy,Novice, Medium,Hard,Expert] Dwarfs being seen as "normal mode" at most.

Dwarfs        ++
Humans      +++
Elfs             +++++
Goblins        ++++
Orks            +++
Saedra         +++
Kreemara     +++
Kytsuni        +++
Nagorian      +++
Roflorian      ++++
Etharlu        ++
Draconei      +
Johr             ++++
Morealian     +++
Itchlari         ++++
Zhaahara     +++
Crobold        ++++
Aerian          +++
Tulmanian    +++
Faexari        +++
Vargeon       ++++
Yjorel           ++
Urhorken      ++
Gindrae        +

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 05:42:56 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V1.2
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 08:34:34 pm »

Those of you who enjoy the mod, feel free to leave suggestions!  :D

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V2.0
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 10:22:02 pm »

ptw

ptw?

Edit: Nvm just found the answer lol
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 10:23:40 pm by Fatace »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V2.5
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 04:26:21 pm »

Future Plans:
As of right now, none. I will be waiting for a decent sized update, (probly the myth update) before making V3.0. Till then it will only be tiny updates or various fixes for each further patch.

^
Further explaination for this issue is because as of now, some of the things I want to add are limited on how they would currently work. I have plans for other secrets, but will not be released till much later. Once more possibilities in modding has been added to the game there will be more to come. Till then I hope you enjoy!

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V2.7
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 03:26:43 am »

As a bit of an update on this mod, (as well as a shameless bump..) I am still currently doing a extremely-long-play through of the game to find any bugs/mess ups, while I have found quite a few things I need to fix or change, I will most likely find more in my world. Also note that, The next update will have fixes, but if I have not finished my testplay by 44.13, The update will be delayed quite a bit, and I will most likely fix the bugs, as well as start on V3.0.

But Once TAE Mod has entered V3.0 There won't be V4, only fixes after V3 release, I have plans on a complete overhaul mod using Final Fantasy for an idea :)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V3.0 (Now with "Never!" ending FUN.)
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 04:05:06 pm »

A bit of a bump with this post, but as of now I will continue on with my longplays to find anymore bugs I need to squish, as well as wait on 44.13! Looks like there will be more fun to add with that update, but also looks like we have plenty of time before the update, Cheers!

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 09:41:29 pm »

Nice mod!
Noticed Tulmanians can make muskets but not musket balls, is this intended?

Also, how do we get arcanium crystals? I can't find any that naturally occur. Ive only found them in caravans so far.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 01:37:09 pm »

Gah, seems like I missed both musket balls and cannon balls for Tulmanians, didn't notice this >.<, thank you! Will put up a fix after a few minutes of this post.

As for arcanium, its a bit rare, but appears in all layers of stone for the most part as veins, and pink!

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V3.1 (Now with "Never!" ending FUN.)
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 10:00:46 pm »

To be honest, the only depressing/sad part about doing long testplays of worlds for any bugs, is that when I find a big breaking one, its sad to know that the story is about to end :C

Deebs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V3.2 (Now with "Never!" ending FUN.)
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 08:18:15 am »

Just found this mod and it looks pretty great. Haven't gotten into the meat of it yet, looking forward to the crafting and magic. One thing that bugs me though is the appearance descriptions for some of the races. The Kreemara, for instance, have noses, hair and ears even though you describe them as having owl faces. Draconei too, though its a bit less clear if they actually have dragon heads or if they're more human in appearance. I do really like the mod so far though despite that.

BTW would it be possible for the Kreemara to have feet talons? If it doesn't unbalance anything I think it would make sense and be pretty badass too, with kicks tearing baddies apart.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 08:32:25 am by Deebs »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7