Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [47.05]/[50.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.20  (Read 81550 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V3.2 (Now with "Never!" ending FUN.)
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 12:29:56 pm »

============
Main Post Continued~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
============

============
~~~~~~~`Known Bug Issues`~~~~~ (as of 47.X)+
============

- Due to the way DF is set up, using DIVINE_1, ect in reactions do not work properly. So for Adventure mode, I just went with
a category that allows the player to make the divine armor/weapons, but it lets you choose any item... You can use this the intended way.. (and use only the divine metals to make what you want), or you can abuse this and cheat by switching out to any other metals... its up to you. Till this issue is resolved in the future, it will be like this. You can also use this to make Lead, Zinc, ect. armor and weapons out of this method if you wish.

============
Advanced Parameter Templates:
============

This is the Parameters that I used to maximize the most out of my Mod, its not needed though. If you wanna give feedback on these as well, you can! Just copy/paste these into your world_gen file. (If you are unsure where this is located, go to your DF folder, data->init-> and theres ur file, use notepad or notepad++ to open and edit these in at the bottom. You can change them to your liking if needed. The embark points is quite high (used for getting items in quickly, ect for testing purposes)

Spoiler: Parameters (click to show/hide)

============
Patch Notes:
============

Version: 7.20
- Arcanium Crystals have been changed to Arcanium Ore, to help differentiate it from Crystals.
 - 4 New Crystals
  - Moskalyte
  - Solkryte
  - Lunvanyte
  - Leylyte
 ~~ Crystals now have new uses (not all of them do though,*yet*):
 - Aqualious: Another source of creating water.
 - Naturare: Turn 1 log into 6.
 - Firaline: Creates 5 charcoal.
 - Holtriime: Creates 10 Crystal Glass.
 - Scalionite: Turn 1 leather into 4.
 - Emralyke: Turn 1 plant(food) into 10.
 - Astralyte: Gamble at the altar for gems.
 - Azlamyte: Turn 1 Large gem into 3.
 - Moskalyte: Turn 1 stone boulder into 5.
 - Leylyte: Create 200 Leylyte Arrows/Bolts/Shard Shots.
- All Crystals can be used to craft Crystal Blocks.

- Arcane Forge now mentions requiring a magma source.

- It seems that my version of scale/chitin tanning into wearable gear was broken since 50.x release, I have just decided to completely remove this, as there are mods that implement this in the proper way.

- Changes to quiet a few Logs to make them stronger.
 - Tier 1 (normal stats, vanilla logs, aka, nothing changed for them)
 - Tier 2
    - Bloodthorn
    - Highwood
    - Elderil
    - Terrafel
    - Neifera
    - Nether Cap
    - Jarlbane
    - Tuskberry
    - Firecherry
 - Tier 3
    - Echanoriat
    - Frost Hurobi
    - Crystal Tree
    - Dragonfruit
- NEW TREE: Crystal Tree, with Crystal Berries
- 3 New Curses:
 - "Alpha Werebeasts", which are similar to normal werebeasts, but can also naturally transform without the moon.
  - Werehellhound
  - Weredragon
  - Wereyeti
     - more to come in the future.
- All Civs can now make Wooden armor and generic weapons.
- All civs can now make Catalycium metal.
- Living Rock fiends, Trolls, Lograiths, and Gobrans have been added to the pool of subterrean civs.
- Itchlari now require water and sleep.
- Vargeons now require water and food.
- The Saedra can now properly make Plaster powder and Potash.
- The Elves have been given more weapons to make.
- Trap components can now be made with Crystal.
- Fixed Texture Issue with the Gindrae.
- Elves and Roflorians now also have wagons.
- Human Values have been changed to match how every other civ works with values.
- Forest Retreat and Evil Fortress Civs can now gain monarchy (aka King/Queen ship) Within their fortresses.
- Slade's weight has been reduced to normal stone due to stupid mechanic that causes them to take forever with them.
- New Textures:
 - From Hese:
  - Itchlari textures.
  - Saedra Armor textures.
 - From Deathsear
  - Yjorel textures.
 - TAE trees now have unique textures, although Jarlbane has a weird bug that I cant seem to figure out how to properly fix.
- Anhgla Trees should now once again spawn.

Spoiler: Older Patch Notes (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 09:48:06 am by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Deebs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 07:18:19 pm »

Good ideas! Its something ive thought about as well, since this is my first mod im still learning the basics of things, even with all that I've done, but some races like draconei and kreemara I do need to adjust for their appearance, as well as describe them a bit better, and possibly a few others. As for Kreemara with talons, I will look into! But currently Im doing a very long playthrough of the mod in both adventure and fortress to check for anybugs, or anything missing,  so V3.3 wont be out till I've checked each in game location, and every Civ for at least 5+ years in Fortress mode time.

Cool to hear, looking forward to the mod's growth :). Another question though, you say that theres a lot more added to actions you can take in Adventure Mode. It sounds like metalcrafting and smithing are part of that which sounds awesome, if you have the time could you put together a list of actions you can do now? Especially anything related to healing and healthcare. Seriously, the fact you cant bandage yourself in vanilla is infuriating.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 12:46:11 pm »

Updated the post to show more detail on what we are able to do in Adventure Mode. As for healing related things... Im honestly not sure on how I would go at that, besides the holymancer ability to increase healing abilities, I've never really explored other healing options, nor seen any, but I will look into it!
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

kazzum

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me, I Regret many things, but not this
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 10:00:25 am »

Hey I was playing version 3.2 however the game crashed when a caravan arrived. I assume this means they are carrying an item that the game doesn't know what to do with or the race that showed up is a walking error. I have a current save file in a zip format ready to be sent off that crashes moments later. I was using Iron hand graphics applied by the starter pack launcher. I don't think I did anything else specific than changing TWBT print mode to TWBT instead of 2D.
The Error log is full of token and tissue errors.
I didn't see a place to submit bugs specifically so let me know how I can help.

DF V0.44.12
Aeramore Mod V3.2
Starter Pack V0.44.12-R04
Stone-sense Active
DFhack Active
TWBT Active

Graphics - Ironhand 18x

I tried to make my own mod once. Then I took a raw to the knee.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 12:28:28 pm »

Can you tell me which Race you were playing as, and if possible, what race the caravan was? I have not experienced this issue yet, nor do I believe it would have anything to do with TWBT or graphic packs since what I built the mod around was basically vanilla. If you wanna link me the world I can look at it.

Also, how long was your fortress running for? Curious on if the caravan showed up before and the next year it brought something broken.

kazzum

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me, I Regret many things, but not this
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 12:14:49 am »

well the problem seems to happen when caravan wagons get involved I think it was the.. johr? but I was playing as the dwarves. I love the idea of their being more races but I kind of just want to play dwarves. to each their own yeah?

I even created a new world, removed pretty much every initialization error except for the ones involving races which I sent to you in a PM. what I couldn't fix I just removed from the raws entirely but still the world crashed 2nd year as soon as a caravan arrives. the last error is one about an infinite path loop. I think I can avoid the issue if I just never build a trade depot. 
I tried to make my own mod once. Then I took a raw to the knee.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 01:32:24 am »

Check your private messages, will move the conversation over there since I started typing there before I noticed this message lol

Blackworth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V3.3b (Now with "Never!" ending FUN.)
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 07:31:27 pm »

Trying out the mod, if i have any big issues i will let you know.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V3.3b (Now with "Never!" ending FUN.)
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 03:21:06 am »

Besides a few spelling errors or grammar mistakes, and maybe a few missing reaction ideas... everything seems to be going well for my long testrun so far. Other than the casual vanilla DF bugs, I have not ran across any game breakers yet! Looking very forward to the next DF update and expecting quite a lot to change with it.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently unsure when the next vanilla update will be out, but as it stands, if the update is not out by April 1st, I will release the update on this mod here. Currently still doing a longplay test, and only found 1 minor issue I need to fix, but other than that, everything seems gold.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently unsure when the next vanilla update will be out, but as it stands, if the update is not out by April 1st, I will release the update on this mod here. Currently still doing a longplay test, and only found 1 minor issue I need to fix, but other than that, everything seems gold.
beware of april fools joke

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha yeah I know lol, sadly when I wrote that I forgot about what april 1st was.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enjoy the latest version, as usually I will continue playing in Fortress/Adventure Mode to look for any issues I may have missed.
As for all of you, have Fun and create stories that you will never forget!

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently from all the testing, I have not ran into a issue yet thankfully... I have also updated the download and changed the file to ZIP instead of RAR.

As for future updates to this mod (besides waiting on the next update lol), the only thing I have written down is possible civ profession name changes for certain things.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello everyone, just a quick update and a bit of a shameless bump, I have added a few changes that I will be making to the list, and more will eventually show up, but do note that when the next big DF update hits, from the looks of things I will be making a lot of changes to.. well a lot of things lol. More or less likely I will be having a lot of fun once the update comes out, fixing a lot of things for each civ which will more or less likely take a long while. Until then, I have more adventuring to do in my current world to see if theres any current things that need to be changed or fix!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7