Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [47.05]/[50.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V7.20  (Read 81528 times)

Naltharial

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V6 (Races, Beasts, Secrets Oh My!!)
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2021, 11:29:05 am »

All I had to do is make a normal Sunfire Gold Breastplate and they put it on without a problem, but they wouldn't use any of the dozen Sunfire Gold Sunite Brestplates I had built, no matter what they were wearing previously. The gear type is just Metal Brestplate. Does that cover the Sunite type?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2021, 02:18:25 pm »

No that only covers the standard breastplate type
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2021, 05:33:59 pm »

Query; Is there a way to cherry-pick the features here?  I've started looking around for a modern alternative to the old Fortress Defense mod, and although the assorted stuff here looks cool, I'd like to start with just races & gear.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2021, 01:31:46 am »

You would have to go thru the civ raws and remove all the reactions, and so forth from each civ in order to do that
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2021, 05:35:42 am »

Just pretend that this is deleted.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 12:54:30 pm by Kyuuketsuki_23 »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Truth be told, not really sure on where to improve/add to this mod at this point. Mod seems stable without any issues that ive found so far. Honestly at this point I have been thinking about re-working on the mod Idea I had in the past (then lost when my computer died last year). Will probly start it back up this summer :)

kevinfragger2427

• Bay Watcher
  • I SIMP FOR NW_KOHAKU SEMPAIII
    • View Profile

You're awesome, doing the Blood god's work my friend! I am one of the people that sees and appreciates your effort. Especially since most big mods require specific advanced world parameters (ew) to function properly without crashing! But yours works out of the box, friend!

EDIT: Okay, update. After playing Adventure Mode for a bit, I noticed a lot of the new races have their guts (heart/lung/liver) outside of their bodies. Such a funny unintended feature. You can tell which is which just by swimming in water, and then checking to see where the water is sticking to on your body. Up to you on whether or not you want to change that hahaha.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 09:36:53 pm by kevinfragger2427 »
NW_Kohaku, marry me this instant!!!

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: Okay, update. After playing Adventure Mode for a bit, I noticed a lot of the new races have their guts (heart/lung/liver) outside of their bodies. Such a funny unintended feature. You can tell which is which just by swimming in water, and then checking to see where the water is sticking to on your body. Up to you on whether or not you want to change that hahaha.

Thats... definitly not an intended feature lol, could you tell me which creatures were doing that by any chance?

Edit: Im on the Object testing arena at the moment, and checked most of the civ races to see if they did it (was  suspecting that maybe it was the Itchlarians doing this) but after dipping them in water and check, I dont see any water sticking to anything other than the standard external body parts o_o. Do you know what creature u were using and if anything else was added with TAE mod?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 08:56:05 pm by Fatace »

GlarnBoudin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Would it be okay to ask for a guide to the animals and plants in the mod?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What type of guide are you looking for? Like what each animal is for and what plant/trees are used for which reaction type guide?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2021, 09:20:52 am »

How has this mod existed for three years without my knowing about it? I've been waiting forever for a mod that's basically a moderately-downplayed version of Masterwork DF (as in a massive expansion of the vanilla DF concept that still manages to feel cohesive and not too overwhelming) and this one looks like it fits the bill perfectly. Generating a new world with it right now that I can't wait to play in! I love all these imaginative races especially, too few fantasy authors bother to create original races anymore IMO.

Also to weigh in on an above comment, I'd personally guess Glarn is looking for something like a brief descriptive paragraph below each of the listed animals and plants similar to what you've provided for the new civ species?

One thing I've noticed that bugs me a little bit though is that all the civ races seem to have standard humanoid facial features, even ones based off things like birds or reptiles. It feels a bit weird to view a kreemare's description and start reading about its ears, nose, and lips. :P
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 11:13:10 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2021, 12:25:16 am »

How has this mod existed for three years without my knowing about it? I've been waiting forever for a mod that's basically a moderately-downplayed version of Masterwork DF (as in a massive expansion of the vanilla DF concept that still manages to feel cohesive and not too overwhelming) and this one looks like it fits the bill perfectly. Generating a new world with it right now that I can't wait to play in! I love all these imaginative races especially, too few fantasy authors bother to create original races anymore IMO.

Also to weigh in on an above comment, I'd personally guess Glarn is looking for something like a brief descriptive paragraph below each of the listed animals and plants similar to what you've provided for the new civ species?

One thing I've noticed that bugs me a little bit though is that all the civ races seem to have standard humanoid facial features, even ones based off things like birds or reptiles. It feels a bit weird to view a kreemare's description and start reading about its ears, nose, and lips. :P

For the most part, the facial structure idea I was pretty much just going for the generic DnD different species idea with facial structures, which usually its always the same, just slightly different skull structures. Tho with the Kreemare, when I was originally making them, I tried having a beak for them but it had a weird issue with it not properly working, so I eventually just gave up (tho this was back when i first started this mod).

As for a Description of the mods contents/mobs/etc. I can surely do! Give me a week and I can add it with the mod (sadly I wont be able to add it onto forums due to not enough room lol)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2021, 12:12:51 pm »

Well I managed to find a few things which I subsequently edited for my own game. For one thing, the kreemare should have the [2EARS], [NOSE], and [TEETH] tokens removed from its body plan. Also the tokens [SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LIP] as well as the corresponding ones for [NOSE], [EARS], and [TOOTH] and their respective descriptors should probably be removed. Hope that helps. ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:15:42 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2021, 01:29:07 am »

Alrightty, so... from the last post I made about making the Guide...

It will more or less likely being 2 weeks instead, cuz I honestly didn't think I would invest much time into, but I have been even while doing other things lol.

Secondly, (will post in the front page about this), I will be putting out another update for the mod in the future AFTER the guide, mainly due to spotting quiet a few things while working on the guide, as well as a few things noticed by others that I will change.

Edit:

Also RIP my test world's story/fortresses once I do the update, fresh world we go!

2nd Edit:

This may take a while to finish due to IRL and a few other things on my mind, but I promise I will have the guide and then the next update done eventually!

3rd Edit:

I have finished the Guide, but I think I am going to flush out the guide with the next update to this mod. Bare with me!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 01:31:44 pm by Fatace »

snipe5000

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2021, 08:29:22 pm »

Hello, i was playing the Draconei and it seems that they can't make pig iron. Is this intended?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7