Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: JumpStakes: Fortress of Blisters  (Read 8079 times)

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
  • What am I going to do with all these bodies?
    • View Profile
JumpStakes: Fortress of Blisters
« on: April 25, 2018, 04:12:24 am »

Hi, I've been playing DF for (hopefully) long enough that I feel comfortable with the game and I'm looking to see if anyone wants to start a succession game. I'm fine with anyone playing, and if some people sign up for this, I'll make a poll to see where we should start, and maybe the tileset used. In the highly unlikely situation that anyone signs up for this, we'll be using these rules:

• 10 people at most, although we'll probably start the game at around 4 (request a specific slot if you want)
  • Turns will last a week or an ingame year, whichever comes first (if you reach the end of the week and have not completed a year ingame, you can request an extention)
  • Upload your files to http://dffd.bay12games.com/ and put a link in the comments or email it to me
  • You must provide at least a basic overview of what happened during your turn, including screenshots (possibly written from the perspective of a dwarf, or written somewhat story-like? I'm open to ideas.)
  • No sabotage. If you intentionally wreck the fort, you will be removed from the rotation and the next person in line goes back to the save from before your turn
  • At least make some effort to get the projects one or more people have been working on finished (eg. pump stacks or a military)

Aside from that, anything goes!

Turn order:
  • GPeter
  • TheLostCow
  • Kametec_Housen
  • FakerFangirl
  • Superdorf
  • Caesar Josephus

Settings for people playing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: If you would like a named dwarf, just add it in on your turn, or request if you aren't playing. Overseers of the fort get priority.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:40:24 pm by TheLostCow »

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in starting a succession game?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 06:03:32 am »

Okay, sign me up. Succession games come with a bit of waiting, so I'm thinking about signing up for another one. I'm pretty tolerant when it comes to embarking, so anything goes. As for a dwarf's perspective, I'd like to take up a miner/engraver.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 03:01:20 pm »

As long as I can play with vanilla ASCII tiles.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 03:22:31 pm »

I'm pretty used to play vanilla. I don't know about settings in various plugins, but editing d_init.txt works for population caps:

[POPULATION_CAP:50] This cap stops immigrants.
[STRICT_POPULATION_CAP:75] This cap stops births. (edit: In addition to stopping immigrants.)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:49:10 pm by Kametec_Housen »

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 07:50:21 pm »

FakerFangirl, I’m pretty sure that it’s possible to update save games in the lazy newb pack, but as this has been known to cause corruption you’ll need to backup your fort often. No problem there though.

edit: Thinking on it, it might be a good idea for me to learn to play properly using ASCII
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 05:19:26 am by TheLostCow »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 10:46:59 am »

Mind if I take a turn? I'm a tad green behind the ears DF-wise, but halfway competent at this point.

Dorfwise, I'd like a male woodcutter/axedwarf by the name of Thorgrim.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 11:44:47 am »

Hello there, GPeter, signing up for a turn Sir! Just dont make me finish a pump stack please... (Haven't fully learned those yet :c ) Also, get a miner named after me, will ya?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 07:00:45 pm »

I'd reccomend you wait till the next update for stress tweaks

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 12:07:04 am »

Hi, sorry I haven’t updated this, thought it’d be dead. I’ll add the names, if anyone has any ideas for the kind of area we’d like to start in, let me know and I’ll gen the world asap  :)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 06:27:22 am »

Evil region, mountain preferably!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 07:45:13 pm »

Ooh boy, evil biomes...
Mind if I check to see if it’s reanimating first? I’ve had a lot of problems embarking in them :/

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 08:04:12 pm »

I acctually want reanimating! It add a lot more to the fun! Don't know about the others though...

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 09:34:57 pm »

Eh, i guess I’ll be fine so long as I take some kind of combat dwarf to sacrifice. Hopefully no undead giant wrens this time

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 06:08:53 am »

If you don't want to deal with the undeads at the beggining, you can have someone start the world in the first turn, and then you takeover on the second turn, or that overseer former turn, I don't know, It's up to you...

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 06:41:48 am »

I don't mind doing first turn in a reanimating biome. All I need are ores to make bronze from. Also, I'd like to see either some surface water (lake, river) or an aquifer on the embark. We're bound to get some injuries with the omnipresent undead and I don't want our macedwarf die to thirst the moment something breaks his leg or something.

Oh, and husking clouds are a neat addition to reanimating biome. Can we have those too? ;D

edit: All I need are ores to make bronze from and either bituminous coal or lignite.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:43:21 am by Kametec_Housen »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6