Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: JumpStakes: Fortress of Blisters  (Read 8019 times)

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
  • What am I going to do with all these bodies?
    • View Profile
Re: JumpStakes: Fortress of Blisters
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2018, 11:45:40 pm »

Welp, guess I'm going to be throwing up my intestines sometime soon! Ah jeez reanimating, one of my older forts just died to an accidental unleashing of our undead collection.. let's hope this doesn't go the same way.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 01:17:51 am »

Welp, guess I'm going to be throwing up my intestines sometime soon! Ah jeez reanimating, one of my older forts just died to an accidental unleashing of our undead collection.. let's hope this doesn't go the same way.

Should be safe as long as no one deconstructs the wall there. Although might wanna put some fortifications further up the wall incase of climbers. And eventually dump magma down there regularly.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2018, 01:53:24 am »

Mmmmmmm....
Magma...

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2018, 08:27:53 am »

Magma solves all problems :)

Crap reanimation though! Gonna make all attackers attack more than once.
"What could possibly go wrong?" - Quill18

I would be careful... Kamatec may seem jovial, but he secretly leads an endless legion of Lawyers.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2018, 09:15:49 am »

I probably wont get it on my turn, but the neaxt overseers could work on a big hallway for the entrance, one that could be flooded in lava just in case
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2018, 07:33:35 pm »

I’ll probably do that, but I might get distracted and look for materials for steel and train up a legendary armorsmith. I’ve found armour to be useful against undead, although maybe silver maces would be better. If we have silver. Let’s just hope.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2018, 08:44:22 pm »

JumpStake Fortress, Officer GPeter report:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that we got wood, our carpenter already started making some beds, while we dig some bedrooms for everyone

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As we were digging, Kaemurl started yelling:
Unlock the door! There's people out there!

At first I thought that he was crazy, but then I looked outside and HOLY CRAP, there's people outside, unlock the door!

Apparently, we have migrants, people might be thinking this place is safe already... There's seven of them:

I'm getting 2 Furnace operators, 1 Blacksmith, an extra carpenter and a mason/stonecrafter a dedicated hauler and another farmer

Ahh, so you're a Great Leatherworker? Awesome, you're going to look great smelting metal!

They got inside, EVERYONE full of blisters around the whole body, and I said "Welcome to JumpStake"

Now, all of the bedrooms are dug, but need furnishing, and we have 2 carpenters now, so I told them guys to assemble another carpenter workshop

We've are getting quite cramped here when it comes to storing stuff, we need a stockpile for our furniture specially, so we're digging one.

And also, this happened:

Damm birds...

Also, as Kaemurl isn't really doing much in here, I told him to do some Stockpile records and manage the work orders I give, we gave him a chair and table at least...

The bedrooms are ready:

We dug out another workshop for our smelters, and put a stockpile to hold our ore beside it, there's two smelters active right now, both making coke

Sorry guys, there's nothing this year... I did order some food, booze and ammo for next year.

This is what they asked for the next year:

We don't have a dining hall yet, and that's quite nasty, so we're also digging one, wich also will be Kaemurl office now, soon he'll get a decent offfice...

We lost a couple of animals recently

I just hope they've been lost outside, an undead horse would probably be nasty...

Guess who forgot to lock the door? Well fuck...

The zombie is right outside, so I had to lock the door... poor Adil...
We might be able to save him yet, I ordered a few tunnels to de dug from the inside towards out of the mountain, in diferent directions, those will serve as emergency ways into and out of the mountain:

I just hope Adil survives long enough for this...

Seriously? 6 more mouth to feed... I will se If I can get some of these guys to train as a militia, but right now my biggest concern is that undead outside.

Well... we've got a SERIOUS problem here, giant wolverines are already a problem while alive, but now, as an undead, they pose a great threat to an unarmored dwarf, which in our case, everyone, and it is exactly on the path the migrants took to come inside the fortress:

All I can do now, is dig that tunnel ASAP, we need more ways in and out of the fortress, with multiple entraces, It gets quise easy to run away from them.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Apparently, the dwarves thought they could do it, but they couldn't now we have a pile of dead dwarves (which will soon rise again) and an undead Giant Wolverine that even has a name now, "ônamvukcas Vathsithartum" the bane of JumpStake!

Ok, we're not done yet, but from now on, NO ONE will step outside, and I mean it. I locked the front door, and already doors to be placed on the tunnels, also locked.

Now for the body count, currently, we have 6 already dead, and one miner bleeding out on the ground on the outer part of the south tunnel, poor bastard, we can't do anything for him, so we'll get his pick already.

Considering the 6 dwarves that arrived earlier, we basically lost just one.

All things considered, it could have been worse...

We already have some slabs being built, as we cannot bury anyone here...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had a little confusion with the date, because I embarked on winter, so the turns are from one winter to another, and It's already Autumm, so my turn is close to an end by now!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:47:11 pm by GPeter »
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2018, 09:01:40 pm »

The carnage! Oh well, there's one born every minute  :D

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2018, 02:34:36 am »

You'd best make iron armor and weapons real quick for a stopgap against the undead. Are maces or hammers better against them?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2018, 04:43:09 am »

Pretty sure it’s maces, since they mangle the corpse.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2018, 05:42:12 am »

There is some iron around, but it is mid-autumm already and my turn ends on winter, so... Not my problem :)

I'll have the last report tonight

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2018, 05:53:07 am »

There is some iron around, but it is mid-autumm already and my turn ends on winter, so... Not my problem :)

You can at least get it started. :P

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2018, 06:16:34 am »

You can at least get it started. :P

Why spoil the feeling of starting an industry for the new overseer? Just kidding though, I can't start mining iron yet cause there's a lot to work on yet.

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2018, 06:14:15 pm »

Ok a couple of quick things
1. I'm probably going to change the tileset for my turn to make it easier not to kill everyone. I'll change it back when I'm done.
2. I have a nasty habit of ordering too much food. Any clues on farm production?

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2018, 09:31:29 pm »

JumpStake Fortress, Officer GPeter report:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As the slabs to remember our fallen were engraved, I gathered who I could, and started digging a workshop for our forges, one of the smelters Is so filled with coke bars that the guy can't even work...

As digging progresses slowly, the last of the memorial slabs has been put into place on our dining hall:

I noticed something strange while paying respects to dead. I didn't see Doren name on any of them (Doren was the miner I left to die on the south tunnel little while ago)

But he's not dead boss... He's right here!

WHAT THE FUCK? How did you survive that?

I dunno, I just got up and came back inside...

Ok... I give up.

Winter's here, and I'm done, I need a nap...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So ends the turn of the glorious GPeter, Here's the link for the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13798

Here's how I left the fortress so far:

Floor 1

Floor 2 (0)

Floor 3 (-1)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:52:18 pm by GPeter »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6