Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: JumpStakes: Fortress of Blisters  (Read 8089 times)

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
  • What am I going to do with all these bodies?
    • View Profile
Re: JumpStakes: Fortress of Blisters
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2018, 12:08:05 am »

Great, I’ll start as soon as I can  :D

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2018, 02:09:40 am »

No im really worried about my turn. Ahh what am i talking about! I'll just pump magma from the magma sea!
"What could possibly go wrong?" - Quill18

I would be careful... Kamatec may seem jovial, but he secretly leads an endless legion of Lawyers.

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2018, 08:58:49 pm »

Hmm.. Slight issue

I've put the save into my saves file but after launch I can't actually access the game. Any ideas?

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2018, 09:49:23 pm »

Hmm.. Slight issue

I've put the save into my saves file but after launch I can't actually access the game. Any ideas?

We need prints
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2018, 10:15:44 pm »

Prints?

If it helps, I'm trying to use the LNP, but when I get into the game the save just doesn't show up. I've tried downloading it again and all but it still doesn't work. If someone could tell me how to get dfhack and dwarf therapist to work with the download from bay12 that might work.

edit: It says "broken RAWs"

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2018, 09:31:52 am »

Alright... You sure you're using the same DF version? I was playing on DF 40.10
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2018, 09:33:51 am »

I was using these configs on LNP:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2018, 12:02:15 am »

Aaaaaaaah ok I'm using the wrong version. Thanks!

edit: uhm I can't find the download link. If you could provide it that'd be great.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:10:42 am by TheLostCow »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2018, 06:12:32 am »

This is where I downloaded LNP with DF 44.10: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13751

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2018, 08:04:03 pm »

ah ok that's the problem then. I've got some stuff happening soon so I'll try and get my turn started tonight and finished by thursday-friday.

edit: sooo exams have crept up on me and since I've finally managed to get my graphics working, I'd like to humbly request a turn extension
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 06:17:58 am by TheLostCow »

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2018, 06:37:10 am »

OOC = Out of character
Oh yeah just interpret the graphics as resulting from a drunken stupor

Overseer's log

1st of Moonstone

Expedition leader Kaemurl here. Now that I've finally got rid of that GPeter for a few months, maybe we can start getting something done.

Well, it's raining almost immediately, so that's good news. Of course, since I'm the only one out of our sorry bunch that knows how to swing an axe, I've got to go out first. An interesting phenomena has occured. It seems like the damned repellent mucus only rains over half of our designated area, and the undead appear to only show up in that portion. Maybe they're connected...

Some IDIOT neglected to notify me there were HOLES in the roof. Who knows what would have got through them if I hadn't put my foot in one.

After patching those holes up and expanding the wood stockpile, I feel we're in good shape compared to last year. Almost feels like we should be starting to make some steel and weapons, maybe even find a few fisherdwarves brave idiots to join me in the military.

11th Moonstone

Hmph. We've run out of booze. Well, plump helmets have to be good for something, the damn things taste horrible, but, then again so do rotten grapes. I'll have to remember to keep some around.

In other news, there's a ton of iron ores lying around, and our fort is dug into a flux stone layer. Miners have been ordered to dig out some of the limonite so GPeter can learn to make armour and weapons. He sure does seem to love steel, so hopefully I'll get a few masterworks from him before he gets eaten by something.

OOC: I'll post again soon, just wanted to give the impression that I'm staying faithful and doing nothing with my life
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:11:24 am by TheLostCow »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2018, 06:56:51 am »

Insult me again and I will punch you in the head tearing apart the muscle and jamming the brain in the skull  ;)

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2018, 08:07:10 am »

12th Moonstone

Time to get a depot up I think. I've ordered a long hallway carved out with a 7x7 room at the end, but just in case those bloody undead come back, I've told our metalsmith to construct some iron bridges to be raised in case of emergency. They should be resistant to magma if that ever when that comes in handy.
Well, now it's raining mucus again, so I guess it's time to call everyone back inside so we can get back to work.

18th Moonstone.

The depot has been set up, and I've only just noticed no-one knows how to use mechanisms. That's the carpenter's issue now, he'll have plenty of spare time. The second one was sitting around on his ass, so I've told him to get to work cooking some of those blasted mushrooms.
I think it's about time we look for the next cavern, it might have some wood in it. I've asked the mason to make some pots and stone cabinets as well, seeing as we're low on wood.

13th Opal

At last, some steel! Also, someone cluttered up the smelters with over 300 bars of coke. Note to self: have a word with them.
Our cook's decided to start producing some higher quality roasts, and thankfully we have enough cave fish to last a while. It's a shame we don't have any cats, they make an excellent food source.

OOC: I'll update this tomorrow to be more of a journal look, and I'll put some pictures in as well.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:17:25 am by TheLostCow »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2018, 11:22:31 am »

It's a shame we don't have any cats, they make an excellent food source.

I swear for Armok that If you butcher a cat, I will find you, and I will kill you!

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2018, 02:07:33 pm »

And then wait for you to reanimate, so I will be able to kill you too! ;) Cat biscuits are taboo.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6