Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: JumpStakes: Fortress of Blisters  (Read 8080 times)

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
  • What am I going to do with all these bodies?
    • View Profile
Re: JumpStakes: Fortress of Blisters
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2018, 02:43:42 am »

Alright. Back to the “buy all the cheese from the caravans” plan then.

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2018, 05:14:27 am »

18th Opal

We're running dangerously low on food. Some of the lads have started complaining about the rationed servings, so they've been sent to stick their hands in the mucus and pull up some plants. It's a shame we can't get any good meat round here, most of it's walking around rotten. The new mechanic has been working away satisfactorily, finally making enough mechanisms to link up the bridges and levers. I'm still on booze duty for the moment, which I must admit is getting boring.

21st Opal

GPeter seems to have an affinity for steel. He's already producing fairly well made axes, and some half decent armour. We might have a chance at surviving here after all. We've all organised a meeting to decide who the militia commander will be, although it's a foregone conclusion.
Note: After talking with him, it seems GPeter spent some time in the military back home, and has a fairly good idea on how to use a battleaxe (although not as much as me, of course)

1st Obsidian

After a brief accident involving someone getting hit in the face with a bridge, I've put labels on all the levers to make sure no-one messes up.
Apparently, the other guys thing GPeter would be better as a militia commander, as he's "the only one with ACTUAL military experience". I'll show them.

15th Obsidian

Steel production is continuing well, along with kitting out me and GPeter. Hopefully we'll have some more recruits soon.

When collecting plants, one of the farmers noticed an undead peregrine falcon flying around so I guess that's the end of our brief period of safety.

1st Granite

Spring is here! The snow has stopped falling, the plants are growing and we might even be able to admire it all if there wasn't a thick coating of blister inducing mucus everywhere. Where does that stuff even come from? Is there a god above us with a cold?

4th Granite

GPeter is becoming insubordinate, so he's been put on smoothing and engraving duty. My room first of course. He might get let off a bit early though, as he has been producing some high quality armour for me.

6th Granite

Tragedy has only narrowly been averted. A portion of the roof fell in when one of the farm plots was being converted for above-ground plants, no doubt due to GPeter's shoddy mining. Unfortunately, he only got only got a bruise or two out of it. Back to business then.

11th Granite

ARGH! Everyone got caught in the mucus rain again, despite my clear orders. Now I have to deal with a bunch of whiners for a week or two.
Worryingly, some of them have developed a fever, so a hospital has been set up to hopefully prevent infection. The idiots were wading through piles of mucus to wash themselves off, then going back through it, so I've made access to water easier.

16th Granite

The elves have arrived! As much as I'd love to butcher them, we simply don't have the training yet. Hopefully we can buy either some soap or some plants off them.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:32:13 am by TheLostCow »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2018, 06:14:17 am »

Oh please... I've killed more monsters than you had breakfasts
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2018, 06:23:11 am »

You better watch your mouth, or I'll have you smoothing my room out. Actually, there's a thought...

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2018, 06:32:28 am »

Make me engrave it as well, you can be absolutely sure I will engrave nice pictures of unicorns!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2018, 06:58:41 am »

Deal. Oh yeah you're also my footrest for the next 3 seasons, just BTW.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2018, 07:52:56 am »

Judgind by your size I suppose you needed a little help reaching the chair anyway...

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2018, 07:57:19 am »

16th Granite

Of course, no-one in the fort knows how to value goods. Meh, anything the elves bring can't be worth much to begin with.
A human monster hunter came by, asking if they could stay "for monster eradication". The only monsters here are us! Filthy freeloading humans. The best they can do against undead is act as fodder.

23rd Granite

It appears the tragedy averted before was a stroke of good luck. Not so now. Mucus has rained in through the hole in the roof, causing many of us to develop blisters and some limbs to become mangled. We are working on treatment as I write, although I feel this could have been avoided fairly easily.

OOC: OHGODWHATHAVEIDONE. Yeah so some of the dwarves have mangled limbs, I'm not sure whether they can recover or not (it's only from blisters) Any helpful suggestions would be amazing, I just hope the next player can clean up my mess. Also, the water I'm using for cleaning is stagnant, and I'm considering looking in the caverns for clean water. Again, ideas are very welcome and probably necessary.

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2018, 08:35:26 am »

I have a notion to turn these reports into some form of extended story once I get enough time. Good idea or...?

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2018, 09:26:39 am »

OOC: OHGODWHATHAVEIDONE. Yeah so some of the dwarves have mangled limbs, I'm not sure whether they can recover or not (it's only from blisters) Any helpful suggestions would be amazing, I just hope the next player can clean up my mess. Also, the water I'm using for cleaning is stagnant, and I'm considering looking in the caverns for clean water. Again, ideas are very welcome and probably necessary.

Definitely go for cavern water, just make sure you have a way of locking the cave in case of any undead cave crocs, and please, don't make simply a straight tunnel into the cave, I mean, dig straight, make a long hallway filled with cage traps or something and doors, so you're able to lock it down when danger rises.

I have a notion to turn these reports into some form of extended story once I get enough time. Good idea or...?

The extended story is somewhat a good idea, but we need screenshots!

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2018, 01:51:14 pm »

Also, pumps can purify stagnant water, iirc.

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2018, 07:00:55 pm »

About the cage traps:

I'll try and take more screenshots, I kind of got caught up in the game and you know what happens then.

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2018, 12:58:20 am »

4th Slate

Well, some migrants showed up, which increased our population to 34. 34!! You'd think people saw something in this place.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They've brought a bunch of mucus in on their shoes, but worst of all, we even had to go out to rescue them. Just about everyone's going to be in hospital for a few days now.

Drat. Well, she's now a legendary engraver and is churning out masterwork engravings, so that's good.

I spotted a cheese maker being carried in, he's already been drafted into the military with us. There are some miners to take over from GPeter so he can make us some weapons and help... train... us.

Most notably, we got a talented armorsmith, who will be joining GPeter in outfitting our 3 person military. We've almost completed one set of armor, although I'm still waiting on some good quality axes. One of the migrants has a small amount of experience with maces, maybe we should make some to deal with the undead.

7th Slate

We breached the second cavern and guess what.

NO FUNGIWOOD HERE EITHER! AAAAAAARGH!

9th Slate

Military training has been started, but on my way to the training session today I noticed a bunch of layabouts in the dining hall. Do you see me being lazy? Anyway, they've been sent to smooth out the bedrooms, maybe everyone will stop complaining so much.

10th Slate

A third cavern layer has been discovered, and finally, FINALLY, we have some fungiwood.

Unfortunately, we can't explore the cavern as there is a passage leading downwards, and we have no idea what could be down there. The cavern itself is also very steep, meaning we can't see very far down.

26th Slate

A thresher has been hit with a strange mood, and she's grabbed a craftsdwarf's workshop and some gypsum. Hopefully they won't claim it as an heirloom, then we might be able to sell it.

13th Felsite

I've had a few more smelters put up, just to keep up with the voracious rate steel is being consumed.

Rigoth (the engraver) has produced almost 30 50 masterworks now, and only engraved a few rooms.

A trap hallway is being carved out in case of a siege, and we're using the lead from galena smelting to make cages, seeing as wood is very low from bed making.

OOC: Ok I've been doing this for a few hours straight, imma stop now.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 03:09:42 am by TheLostCow »

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2018, 03:57:35 am »

1st Hematite

Summer is here, hopefully a human caravan will show up soon. Almost everyone has a masterwork engraving or two in their room now (except GPeter), and the military equipment is almost completed. Steel production is up and the next issue we have to tackle is food. Nothing can be slaughtered because most animals are pets, and would turn into undead anyway. Probably going to dump them into the caverns soon. Hopefully the humans bring more food than the elves.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2018, 04:18:29 pm »

Bitch, I need no masterwork engraving on my bedroom, I AM the masterwork!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6