Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: JumpStakes: Fortress of Blisters  (Read 8061 times)

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
  • What am I going to do with all these bodies?
    • View Profile
Re: JumpStakes: Fortress of Blisters
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2018, 03:32:59 am »

23rd Hematite

Well, steel is being produced quickly and the military are going to be sent on a mission to raid an elven settlement soon, hopefully we'll get better training than GPeter is currently providing. Still, apparently unmotivated by our displays of strength and agility, there's a bunch of slackers in the dining room. I've put out a suggestion box near the workshops to see what the people putting in some real effort want to happen.

OOC: so um I have no idea what to do with these guys, and I don't get a vote since I'm being unproductive and setting up my standard ritual murder pit. Photos later!

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2018, 06:04:26 am »

We have pig tails seeds, plant those! And make sure to disable cooking and brewing on them, we're gonna need some new clothes soon...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2018, 03:05:35 am »

15th Malachite

Not much time to write, as we will depart for the elven retreat of Clamlakes shortly. Much has happened in the past month. Notably, our miners discovered both the magma sea and the precious adamantine within. Although we have not taken the correct precautions for harvesting it yet, it has been noted. After a close shave with some undead goats (luckily no-one was injured) extra precautions are being taken, and spear traps are being installed in the exit hallways.

Some of the lads are missing clothes, so I've planted some pig tails. They're coming along quite nicely.

16th Galena

I haven't had much time to write in here, since we've been sent on missions to raid elven settlements almost constantly. The idiots are using wooden weapons against us, leading to the absolute slaughter of one retreat. GPeter's starting to rack up some kills, though I'm unsure how many.

28th Galena

Oh dear. We returned from a mission to raze Clamlakes, only to find an undead troglodyte attacking a glassmaker. Nil, our newest recruit was first on the scene, where he was knocked out with one punch to the neck. He might survive. The galssmaker wasn't so lucky. GPeter finished the damned thing off with a chop to the neck, decapitating it. Another one for him...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAH! The severed head of the Troglodyte came back to life and attacked the other axedwarf! He instantly cut out the back of the throat, killing it permanently. Still made me laugh to watch it happening.

Note: the swordsdwarf is dead. His throat was apparently cut open in the attack, but he died while unconscious so it's not all bad.

OOC: sorry about the lack of photos, thumbdrive's gone missing just now and I'm freaking out.
OOC: Ah jeez really sorry about the amount of effort going into these, I'm trying to juggle a bunch of stuff. Everything's going pretty much fine in the fort now, and I'm setting up an enclosed well outside.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:43:06 am by TheLostCow »

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2018, 03:30:38 am »

I'm so done. All I can do now is wait so the next person can try and clean up my mess.

Brief summary:
For some reason noone dumped any corpses, so they kept coming back to life and killing people. There have now been 5 claimed by the attack. There's blood everywhere and half the military is gone. I'm literally going to station them on the stairs and wait for winter.

Edit: The caravan came, bearing about 10000 dwarfbucks worth of food. We traded away some low quality armour for all of it. The undead are still being dealt with, but here's the trade agreement for what it's worth.

So something pretty amazing happened, which means the fort might have hope after all. Almost there, I hope Kametec can clean up after me.

And the corpses are reanimating and climbing out of the pit, only to die and fall back down. Lovely.

Almost free! Well, on the third last day an FB turned up, but I think it's stuck in the caverns for now. Some masterwork armour has been coming out, and GPeter's now an axelord (dirty bastard) while Kaemurl's still only competent with an axe.

Sorry about these recent reports, the fort + real life is kinda depressing
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 05:37:18 am by TheLostCow »

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2018, 05:49:25 am »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2018, 06:25:28 am »

Sorry about these recent reports, the fort + real life is kinda depressing

Feelsbadman
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2018, 01:23:44 am »

I've received PM that my turn came up. I don't think that I'll get around to download it before next Wednesday. If next person in line (Faker Fangirl, right?) takes the turn before then, I'd be totally fine with it.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2018, 08:16:50 am »

Hey Kametec, It's almost a week already, how have thing been going?

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2018, 06:11:32 am »

I've been pushing out Shatterfate with a vengeance until now. It took me longer than expected, sorry for the delay. I kinda realized I really suck at time estimates. Seeing as nobody here claimed my turn yet, I'm downloading the save now.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2018, 07:20:11 am »

Revive, oh mighty Jumpstake! Revive!

Radipon

• Bay Watcher
  • Soapen Avatar of Vesh
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2018, 11:41:09 pm »

They will train in the skin pit.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2018, 06:56:58 am »

I'm really sorry for the wait. As it has become a kind of habit of mine lately, I'm really slow and late. I just want to let you know I don't plan on letting any fort die on my hands, so I promise I'll deliver. Soon(tm). I'm working on it already.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]