Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Wild Mage Adventure!  (Read 3565 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Wild Mage Adventure!
« on: April 25, 2018, 11:06:29 am »

A group of wild mages sit in the corner of the tavern. After many rounds of ale, they reflect upon their exile. Their unpredictable art has shunned them from the Adventuring Guilds, and the few out there who have used their powers for ill have made enemies for them everywhere. Tonight however, they decide that they will no longer wallow in their fate, and for once in their lives, they will take destiny into their own hands. Tonight, they will make a pact: To destroy those who make a bad name for the wild mages, and to finally achieve a victory worthy of an entire Adventuring Guild! Together, they will succeed in an Epic Quest!
~~
You wake up the next morning, bleary eyed and with a terrible hangover. The determination of yesterday is slightly dampened by your rather excessive bar tab (what a night!), but that won't stop you. If you don't have the 200 Gold Pieces right now, that means there's just another reason to start your quest, right? You squint at your fellow adventurers that have assembled around the table, trying to make out how many there are. There's at least another one (maybe you imagined the others?), but there's probably more... heck, you think there could be as many as 8 wizards here, if there's enough player interest.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: To Do List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 07:43:32 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mage Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 11:12:52 am »

Name: Spades
Favorite Number: Jack
Name of Distant Relative: Diamonds
One Piece of World Lore: Supposedly, the guys over in Adjilia don’t mind wild mages. They’re kinda weird, though. Something about “the crossroads between realities” and “mad science” and “magical girls” or stuff like that. That said, normal people avoid them about as much as they shun wild mages.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 11:30:54 am »

Name: Robert.
Favorite Number: 5
Name of distant relative: Eugene.
World lore: The town of Grenheld is inhabited solely by people with boring names, due to an ancient curse.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 11:32:01 am »

Name: Thomas
Favorite Number: 3
Name of Distant Relative: Trinity
One Piece of World Lore: Gold Pieces are used as currency because gold has anti-magic properties while it cannot prevent a spell from being casted a gold shield would perfectly block a magical attack and a gold blade would easily pierce a magical barrier.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 11:36:12 am »

Name: Lonwen Merlin
Favorite Number: Aces (in case this is invalid, 27)
Name of Distant Relative: Merlin the Magnificent (you know, the Camelot guy)
One Piece of World Lore: This lady, Morgan le Fay, has been going around offering wild mages jobs. Don't help her! She gets them wrapped up in some evil conspiracy and they end up getting killed by demons or something. Whatever the case, no one here's from them even again.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:47:22 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 04:27:19 pm »

Name: Nix
Favorite Number: 11
Name of Distant Relative: Tracy Engerburg
One Piece of World Lore: The Blue Horseman shows up every month, during a full moon. He only comes for those who betray the ones they love, and exacts a requisite price.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 05:19:54 pm »

Name: Da Capo Al Fine
Favorite Number: 8
Name of Distant Relative: Robert Bumaro
One Piece of World Lore: There is a divide in the Adventuring Guilds about whether magic is inherently evil or not.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 05:25:07 pm »

Name: John Holiday
Favorite Number: 9
Name of Distant Relative: Akashir
One Piece of World Lore: The Gods died long ago, leaving an empty void in place of the Heavens to be inherited by the first to ascend.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 05:26:41 pm »

Favorite Number: 11
11 is not a valid number, and Jack is already taken.
:P
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 05:26:56 pm »

Name: Luke
Favorite Number: 13
Distant Relative: Frank
World Lore: Cats have an innate ability to detect magical effects/items, hence their popularity as familiars.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 06:21:29 pm »

Name: You
Favorite Number: 2
Name of Distant Relative: I
One Piece of World Lore: Fairies exist in a variety of types outside the usual tiny roaming magical pranksters, such as House fairies that occasionally help hard-working people with mundane tasks, Redcaps who are no less cute than other fairies but are all blade wielding psychopaths that drink blood, and Tooth fairies who are named such because despite most of them being cute and friendly they are also child sized humanoid monsters with three rows of viciously sharp teeth.

(well, looks like there's already 8 players. I guess there's nothing to do but hope one of the others is invalid or maybe wait for a spot to open up if that will actually happen.)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:04:13 pm by Failbird105 »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 07:52:45 pm »

Name: You
Favorite Number: 2
Name of Distant Relative: I
One Piece of World Lore: Fairies exist in a variety of types outside the usual tiny roaming magical pranksters, such as House fairies that occasionally help hard-working people with mundane tasks, Redcaps who are no less cute than other fairies but are all blade wielding psychopaths that drink blood, and Tooth fairies who are named such because despite most being cute and friendly they are child sized humanoid creatures with three rows of viciously sharp teeth.

(well, looks like there's already 8 players. I guess there's nothing to do but hope one of the others is invalid or maybe wait for a spot to open up if that will actually happen.)
With 8 players, one is bound to die soon.

I'll get this game up and running once I get home.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 11:21:08 pm »

Everyone:
 The eight of you stumble to your feet. With no one else in the tavern (except the rather patient bartender), you decide to hit the road. The sun is steadily climbing over this little town, and the outside is brimming with fresh air the possibilities of adventure. Perhaps there is a quest available within this motley collection of tavern, store, church, guild hall and half dozen houses, but there is also a road to the east towards a larger town (within a day's worth of travel), and a road to the west towards the quarry (only an hour away). A less comfortable trip (of around half a week) lies to the south, the direction of Sapphire Lake and the shore-side cabin of Diamonds, Spades' great uncle. Directly to the north of here is an expansive forest, rolling over the growing hills all the way up to the Northern Cavern (a month of travel), the rumored lair of a Frost Giant and the edge of the known world - not to say that there aren't any mysteries left in the vast forest preceding it.

You suppose that - since there are 8 of you, and many different locations to choose from - you could split up and the Gamemaster God wouldn't be too mad about it.

Spoiler: To Do List (click to show/hide)
Money!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 11:23:16 pm »

Nix

Head to the forest, I wanna see what the edge of the world looks like.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 04:09:32 am »

Holiday sighs, clearly feeling a bit indecisive. "Guess I'll go with you, Nix."

Head with Nix to the forest. I'm a bit curious as well.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4