Home Fleet
- 2 (28.6%)
Rage Across The Heavens:
- 4 (57.1%)
Ruin Scape:
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Orbiter: The End  (Read 14696 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Tribes in Space. Tribe Creation/Aliance sign up.
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2018, 03:32:17 pm »

It makes for great drama. No pc claims the device that makes food? Give it to a tribe who are most likely brutal antagonists. As food is a resource. Just like oil or others.

They just happen to have a taste for violence and can move I world map like ninjas, adds to threat value. Not to mention if they win combat, anyone fallen counts more to food. As they love it as real food

Next tribe

2: Pax Enclave
Leader Generation: Ion Rosetira.

Generation:
1:Forge Smith
2: Gifted
3: Scholar
4:Always Prepared
5: Doctor

Combat:10 + 4. So 14
Tech:10= 12. 17 if leader is solving tech event.
Explore:5= 7
Search:10=7
Craft:5= 7
Farm:5= 8
Tame:5= 7
Engineering: 10= 12
Medical:10= 15

The Computer Spire: Able to spy on any one side or spend a action to “talk” to a side. Can also do scanner rain like in Starcraft.

Religion: Talidime
Virtues
1: Compassion
2: Honor
3: Humility

Sins:
1: Vanity
2: Theft
3: Wearing nice clothes
4: Envy Of others possessions
5: Not helping those in need
6: Pretending to be poor for charity
7: Eat Wrong Foods
8: Adultery
9: Blasphemy
10: Cold blooded murder.

They worship a Being know as “ The Great Teacher” who supposedly taught humanity all the stuff/knowledge to get where they are. A God of Nerds, by nerds.

Book of Laws:

1: Child Labor:

2: Dealing With Dead:
Harvest organs. Body is plant food.

+ 1 in medicine
+ 1 in farm.

3: Conflict resolve:
A Fight. Knock out or death. Runs risk but solves problems fast.

+ 2 to combat

Their story: Pax Enclave was formed by the Pax Society who helped make the sensors onboard. They stood their ground and kept the Crystal Spire. In which they can spy on and talk to any transmission gear in the mother ship. They are in process of using it to reach out. Their goal? Go to the inner zones of Orbiter, to put a stop to this madness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 04:27:05 pm »

...can move the world map like ninjas...
I think you forget the AC has no fog of war.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2018, 05:42:32 pm »

That is correct. Only you have no fog of war. But it does not work as a scanner. Meaning the would be ambushed fight and run away, merging back to the scenery. It is a lot like fighting dark Protoss warriors except they decloak to attack.

This ship is not sterile and clean. It is a Ark ship that house many things to start new home world including jungles and such. After the strife everything spilled out so you have high tech surfaces covered in plant life and such. Level 20 in Explore not only means a foot crew can move in the stuff like a car, but can literally paint/dress to blend in to the wilderness. Even in regards to smell. Yes if they had vehicles and walkers the info net would see them normally when cross path.

But the level 20 explorers in foot? They are elven ranger ninja people pretty much.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2018, 05:48:48 pm »

That is correct. Only you have no fog of war. But it does not work as a scanner. Meaning the would be ambushed fight and run away, merging back to the scenery. It is a lot like fighting dark Protoss warriors except they decloak to attack.

This ship is not sterile and clean. It is a Ark ship that house many things to start new home world including jungles and such. After the strife everything spilled out so you have high tech surfaces covered in plant life and such. Level 20 in Explore not only means a foot crew can move in the stuff like a car, but can literally paint/dress to blend in to the wilderness. Even in regards to smell. Yes if they had vehicles and walkers the info net would see them normally when cross path.

But the level 20 explorers in foot? They are elven ranger ninja people pretty much.
:-\
???

:D
The cameras can see in infrared, right?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2018, 06:17:41 pm »

Nope. Crystal Spire was worded poorly, as aside talking to anyone on board it can also do “scan” and reveal everything in said area cloaked or not.

The Info Web means your map will not get dark as you go by said map so you know what is there traveling and the terrain is like and any resources.

The technology has degraded with time so their not special heat vision or so cameras.

Can always Arms race to get goggles or upgrade the info Web, which is a daunting task. ( more software than hardware problem.)

As for the play. After I do the Traders. ( who get ten more points as they have no base and never will.)

Then clan threads for people to decide and this be hub thread of npc updates. Plot updates, and chatter.

Hey, if your not happy with info web, can toss you the Spire. The Vault was too good to say no as I was eyeing the Nano Factory.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2018, 06:32:17 pm »

:/

Anyway, it was never stated what the different policy and some of the leader options did mechanically. How much to Doctor and Forge Smith buff my medicine, engineering, and crafting, and what does Scholar actually do? That is, given I have these:
Scholar: Start off with bonus of five Tech points as one studied with holographic display computers.
Doctor: Your leader is also your tribe’s best doctor. Teach tribe skills and + medicine rolls.
Forge Smith: Bonus in Engineering and Crafting. Making stuff up and keeping it maintained. Helps in Invention process in Arms Race mode +2 to one aspect pre gear made.
And these:
1: Child Labor?
-The children can work. Just nothing dangerous. Able to hire children to some tasks.
2: What to do with the dead?
-Make use of the dead, gut organs for transplants and the rest reduced to fertilizer for boost in soil/farming.
3: How to Deal with Spats/Problems:
-Primarily, arbitration, to try to reach a mutually acceptable resolution. If that doesn't work, it will be taken before the council of Justices, who will make their own decision. It's generally better for both parties to wrap it up in arbitration, because if you go in front of the Justices, you have to pay them.
What mods do I get to these:
Combat: 5
Tech: 13
Search: 5
Explore: 6
Farm: 10
Craft: 6
Medical: 7
Tame: 5
Engineer: 13
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 06:34:05 pm by Glass »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2018, 07:24:36 pm »

Traders:
Leader: Miles Kidd.

Leader Generation:
1: Forge Smith
2: Scholar
3: Gifted
4: Explorer
5: Always Prepared

80 for they have no true base/treasure
Combat:15= 17=19
Tech:5 = 7. 12 if Miles doing task.
Explore:15=17. 20 if Miles is leading (always on. They move as one big wave of people.)
Search:10= 12
Craft:5=7
Farm:5=7
Tame:15=17
Engineering:9=11
Medical:1=3

Treasure: No ship part. Their nomads. They treasure is they start off with a lot of stuff.

Book of Law:

1: Children do safe work only ( production always on with small results.$
2: Ceremony With bodies (what does that do? Keeps morale up. Morale is secret stat. How willing your people work for you.)
3: Fight to the death. + 2 Combat

Religion:

Virtues:
Sacrifice
Justice
Compassion

Sins:
1:  Murder is a capital offense
2: Disrespecting your parents is frowned on as the community raises the you.
3: Theft is wrong
4: Lying
5: Envy Of others stuff
6: No gambling
7: No Blasphemy
8: No Icons
9: No begging for things
10: Vanity is a minor sin.

Religion basis: The Source: They believe there is only one god. A supreme all powerful God who takes many forms so all can give it praise. In the end, you return to the Source for your next incarnation.

Yep the are a herd/horde that is a mobile community in itself. They go, search, and sell.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2018, 07:26:28 pm »

Ok, I'm going to do some edits. Gifted gives you +18 to your stat total. Unless Doctor gives that much in Medical - which it pretty blatantly won't - it's better to have Gifted. Unconditionally.

Now. What mods do I get to my stats from forge smith, scholar, and the policies we have?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:42:01 pm by Glass »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2018, 07:41:56 pm »

:/

Anyway, it was never stated what the different policy and some of the leader options did mechanically. How much to Doctor and Forge Smith buff my medicine, engineering, and crafting, and what does Scholar actually do? That is, given I have these:
Scholar: Start off with bonus of five Tech points as one studied with holographic display computers.
Doctor: Your leader is also your tribe’s best doctor. Teach tribe skills and + medicine rolls.
Forge Smith: Bonus in Engineering and Crafting. Making stuff up and keeping it maintained. Helps in Invention process in Arms Race mode +2 to one aspect pre gear made.
And these:
1: Child Labor?
-The children can work. Just nothing dangerous. Able to hire children to some tasks.
2: What to do with the dead?
-Make use of the dead, gut organs for transplants and the rest reduced to fertilizer for boost in soil/farming.
3: How to Deal with Spats/Problems:
-Primarily, arbitration, to try to reach a mutually acceptable resolution. If that doesn't work, it will be taken before the council of Justices, who will make their own decision. It's generally better for both parties to wrap it up in arbitration, because if you go in front of the Justices, you have to pay them.
What mods do I get to these:
Combat: 5
Tech: 13
Search: 5
Explore: 6
Farm: 10
Craft: 6
Medical: 7
Tame: 5
Engineer: 13

Clearing it up.

You know in all other Arms Races your just design team and in SG your a official who makes stuff happen?

Here? Not just that, but you are a “unit.”

That’s right. You and any who join your tribe are members of said society.

Doctor Skill: In Mediciad situation get better medicine roll.

Forge Smith: Arm Races phase. Get to add +1 to function, price, or debugging the product. That’s it. It adds the design phase. Was thinking of giving it more uses but decided against even though everyone has it, competent crowd.

As for Scholar?

In a SG situation and Leader is present, in the “tech method” to solve a problem. Get a + 5 for total skill roll to solve problem.

Example!

You and your scouts have found a ancient robot. It seems intact but not moving.

A: Scrape it for resources
B: Tech: Attempt to restart it via tinkering to get it up and running on your side. It would take your score to + 18. Meaning in die roll, majority except a pitiful roll will equal to win. Like 3+ save to win.
C: Hot wire machine so if anyone else comes to turn it on, it will explode as a bomb. ( same deal. Scholar boost to 18 tech. Instead of robotic helper, a trap for would be trespassers.

The policy stuff I added with my two other tribes.

1:

If Children do not work. Morale as parents know they are safe.

If kids work safe jobs. Their parents are free to do more dangerous stuff while kids do resource gathering ( farming and searching in areas in base perimeter.)

If kids get risky job. Your unit counter goes to 700 represents that even your children can do all tasks. Including scouting/hunting and killing as soldiers.

The bodies?

Ceremony means morale. People are cared for, even the dead. And if enemy violates Body before rites, tribe gets modifier in fighting said despoiler.

Transplant: Actually a two part deal. Organs add + 2 to medical to save lives with donor organs. The bodies? +1 in farming as the dead enrich the soil.

Eat the bodies? All dead tribe members become four meat food units. And any looted enemy humans get same treatment. Not starving, but sick you know?

The court case?

Trial is Morale as in structured society.

Pay up or work off means the offender are busting ass to do additional resource gathering for a Tony pitch there.

Fight? It’s a + 2 Combat modifier. As strong literally write the laws.

Anymore things?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2018, 07:47:17 pm »

Got it, and no.
Just glad to actually know what I'm doing. Looks like my team is shaping up to be the guys you go to if you need science done to a thing.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2018, 07:58:53 pm »

Okay Cool. All need now is Mad Man tribe name, not even leader name just tribe name. And I
Will start this baby up.

And as I said, this be hub/chatter thread. Allies and such are announced here. Alliances are two tribes max. And yes, npcs can be hired too. Just not the Nomads. They never stick around one place for too long.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2018, 08:00:30 pm »

I will get right back to working on that. Just gimme a minute to go read tonight's Schlock Mercenary :P
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2018, 08:01:17 pm »

I'm wondering what happens if a Spire pulse is set off when the people with the Infoweb have access to it (via alliance or otherwise)...

Also, TL, I've done a couple edits to my stuff.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2018, 08:10:11 pm »

Nicely done. As for your question. If InfonWeb area got Crystal Spire scan. It would feel “that much” juice. Cannot ignore. The feed back would point out to your guys where the Crystal Spire is. And that damn thing cannot move or really hide.

I personally picked Spire not for scanning, but the ability to talk to any player on board, instantly for a deal.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2018, 08:18:24 pm »

Nonono, I meant, if you could pulse with the spire and scan with the web, do you get the "no fog of war" stuff where the spire pinged?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18