Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer Not Multi-Grasping  (Read 907 times)

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer Not Multi-Grasping
« on: April 26, 2018, 12:04:59 am »

I've been playing adventure mode again as some of the bulkier animal men. My first adventurer, a musk-ox man, wielded a two handed sword. However, even when one of my hands was empty, he wouldn't go into multi-grasp. This is the same scenario for my latest adventurer, a wild boar man. His weapon of choice is a great-axe, but he refuses to wield it properly. I had thought with the musk-ox man that the game decided not to make him multi-grasp because of his immense size, but my newest adventurer is only a tad bit larger than a human, and is having the same issues.

The game typically automatically puts you in multi-grasp if you have a free hand, but I can't seem to get that to work anymore. Am I missing something?

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Not Multi-Grasping
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 02:58:59 am »

Anything more than 77500cm can wield a two handed sword in 1 hand without penalty.  Humans are 70000cm base.  The wild boar is 75000cm base, but there are some size body modifiers which can bring that above 77500cm fairly easily (I think even some humans can single hand a two handed sword).  You probably got "lucky" and are just above the two handed threshold, so you can (and according to the wiki, are forced to) 1 hand the sword.

Why would you want to two hand a weapon, though?  AFAIK besides maybe making you slightly harder to disarm at the wrists*, it is a straight penalty compared to single grasp for anything that can be one handed normally at your size.

*i.e. removing your weapon by removing your arm
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 01:04:10 am »

That just means your guy is big enough to not give a carp and one hand his zweihander. Don't worry about it.

MrSelfDestruct

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 20 Mountain Dwarf Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 09:43:28 am »

I've been playing adventure mode again as some of the bulkier animal men. My first adventurer, a musk-ox man, wielded a two handed sword. However, even when one of my hands was empty, he wouldn't go into multi-grasp. This is the same scenario for my latest adventurer, a wild boar man. His weapon of choice is a great-axe, but he refuses to wield it properly. I had thought with the musk-ox man that the game decided not to make him multi-grasp because of his immense size, but my newest adventurer is only a tad bit larger than a human, and is having the same issues.

The game typically automatically puts you in multi-grasp if you have a free hand, but I can't seem to get that to work anymore. Am I missing something?

You don't need to worry about it as multigrasping does not give any upside. Your character big enough to be able to one-hand it, so you can equip a shield or something else in your other hand.

However, if you really, really want to multigrasp for the style, I would look into how to edit your character's raws (I, unfortunately, have no idea on how to do this) and reduce your size down below 77500cm so then you are forced to multigrasp it.
Strike the Earth!