Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: !!NAKED IGNITION!! {ARSON COP MONSTERHEARTS}  (Read 5229 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
!!NAKED IGNITION!! {ARSON COP MONSTERHEARTS}
« on: April 26, 2018, 08:40:24 pm »

oh hey look fniff's trying to make bay12 monsterhearts happen again

!!NAKED IGNITION!!
A fire looks like chaos, but it follows the law.

The arsonist throws the match on the gasoline.
The firefighter sacrifices herself to kill the fire.
The arson detectives find what reasons they can wring out of this.

A reason why someone would do this.
A reason why you're stuck at this desk.
A reason why your partner shot himself.
A reason why you wanna drink her blood.
A reason why you died, then came to work.
A reason why your heart clicks behind each beat.

This fire follows a law.
But you're not sure which.

We're playing Monsterhearts, normally a game about high school monsters searching for an escape from the meanness and awkwardness of teen life.
I decided to change it to a police procedural, cos the best way to improve high school drama is by giving everyone involved guns and badges.

You're a detective working the Arson desk. This is not a great desk. Ironically, most arson cases end up going cold. The ones that you do figure out will probably haunt you until your work-induced early grave. This is not mentioning the office politics, a game you will be playing a lot if you want to get out of this shitty job.

However, you're not just a cop. You're a monster. And you got powers. These powers are not designed to get you out of your debts to your drug dealer, or to make you popular with the boys on the Vice desk, or to stop that suspect with the alibi you don't trust from slipping the net, but hey... You can use them for that anyway.
I'm sure there won't be terrible, terrible consequences.

This is a play-by-post roleplay. We'll probably be taking three characters minimum, five at the most.

To play, take a look at this PDF and choose a Skin (that being a class or character) that you like.
Give me your name, your looks, your stats, and your moves. A little more if you like, maybe a character picture, a bit about their personality or a catchphrase they use a lot, but don't post any biographies. We'll get to that.
We'll get into the rest of the sheet when everybody's posted.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!NAKED IGNITION!! {ARSON COP MONSTERHEARTS}
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 08:40:55 pm »

Spoiler: !!CHARACTERS!! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: !!NPCS!! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:58:40 am by Fniff »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 12:48:48 pm »

My NAME is SK8R COP, and I was BORN TO SK8.

As I would LIVE BY THE BOARD, so too was I destined to die by it. But I was 2 XTREME 4 DEATH, and was fated to return in a cursed and wretched form of a Ghoul, wrecked save for my hungry eyes, as SK8R COP, now a tool for that very same Man that my carefree disregard for authority once sought to overthrow from his lofty perch.

I thirst for escalating thrills to achieve a fleeting measure of Satiety, but deep in my shriveled heart I know that there is but a Short Rest for the Wicked. With my board I aim to carve a swath of radical destruction through whoever dares to intentionally, deliberately or maliciously set fire to buildings, wildland areas, abandoned homes, vehicles or other property with the intent to cause damage in accordance with the Primal Statutes inscribed upon my damned soul (-1 Hot, +1 Cold, +2 Volatile, -1 Dark).

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 01:01:08 pm »

I'm posting to watch this masterpiece and maybe ptp undecided.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 01:30:51 pm »

I'm posting to watch this masterpiece and maybe ptp undecided.
Either's fine, but the more the merrier!

My NAME is SK8R COP, and I was BORN TO SK8.

As I would LIVE BY THE BOARD, so too was I destined to die by it. But I was 2 XTREME 4 DEATH, and was fated to return in a cursed and wretched form of a Ghoul, wrecked save for my hungry eyes, as SK8R COP, now a tool for that very same Man that my carefree disregard for authority once sought to overthrow from his lofty perch.

I thirst for escalating thrills to achieve a fleeting measure of Satiety, but deep in my shriveled heart I know that there is but a Short Rest for the Wicked. With my board I aim to carve a swath of radical destruction through whoever dares to intentionally, deliberately or maliciously set fire to buildings, wildland areas, abandoned homes, vehicles or other property with the intent to cause damage in accordance with the Primal Statutes inscribed upon my damned soul (-1 Hot, +1 Cold, +2 Volatile, -1 Dark).
Yes.
Yes.
Two questions, if you don't mind answering them.

Judging by the description, your origin seems to be resurrected. Am I right?
Were you a cop before your death, or is that new?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 01:34:05 pm »

Resurrected, and SK8R COP only became a cop upon said resurrection.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 01:34:50 pm »

Resurrected, and SK8R COP only became a cop upon said resurrection.
Exquisite, that's all I needed to know. I'll save the rest when everybody's got their characters ready.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 04:10:06 pm »

There are arson investigators who are in it for the people, trying to give families some stability after tragic events. There are arson investigators who are in it for the justice, seeking to bring those who unleash destructive forces to heel. There are arson investigators who are in it for personal reasons, their eyes haunted by flames of the past and their skin forever marked with the scars of memory.

Then there's Jennifer Blaze, in it for the puns and one liners.  Becoming an arson detective not so much due to skill, political maneuvering, or even prior police experience, Blaze got there more with Infernal deals. Previously a NEET by trade, her Burning Eyes are marred a bit by her perpetually spoiled expression. She's never had a fiery passion for police work, but after an embarrassing incident that lead to her father's horse getting drunk of its ass and sexually assaulting a convent, her parents threatened to cut her off from her trust if she didn't get a real job. It was her Last Chance to show them she could handle responsibility, and when her stuffed rabbit offered to make her an Arson detective, it was just too funny to pass up.

Jennifer has a Soul Debt with a creature named Funny Bunny, it gave her a hot set of Elsewise Powers to impress the brass with, with only a few Strings Attached. In exchange, she's a bit of a Dark Recruiter, helping other people make the bargains she did with Funny Bunny. With arson perps who are looking down the line at a long, long sentence, moral boundaries are in a perpetual fire sale, and that means Detective Blaze does good business.
[Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 2]
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 04:12:05 pm »

Looking good, Blaze! We've got a fine department so far. I'm gonna leave character submission open until April 30th, then we're starting creation proper.

If nobody has anything to add, luckily we're in a genre where a duo dynamic is entirely natural.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 07:26:02 pm »

A buddy cop show with a cold-eyed resurrected skater boy who lives by the board and a spoiled trust-fund girl who gets power from a sleazy bunny.

I'd watch it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 07:26:12 am »

I am Juan Bartolomé Rosales de Sucre, or Sugar for short, and the fires I face are nothing compared to the passions within my soul. My feisty looks have made many a man and woman weak at the knees, but it is my fierce eyes and fiercer nature that gets me in trouble after trouble. After a particularly intense love-hate quadrangle got me dismissed from Major Homicide, I ended up in Arson, the only place where I might seek to burn away the many vices of my heart. Alas, after being bitten by an ex-lover, I've found the burning desires of my arduous soul even harder to control.

The department knows me as a loose cannon (Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1) one bad day away from having to turn in my badge. In conflict, I am unstable and pounce recklessly upon those with the scent of blood. I may not play it by the book, but how could I not act when confronted with crimes and wickedness that stir the flames in my heart?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 07:57:22 am »

My name is Merisa 'cutthroat (Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile -1, Dark 1)' Johnson, I am known for my icy look, murky eyes and my abilities in the investigation room in homicide, I got even the worst of them to speak, I was known as the most dangerous person you could meet.

I finally got my long overdue promotion to a department head, Sadly it was to Arson, I could get more, I should get more, I will get more, after some talks I Bought Loyalty from some of the best and brightest, some of the most talented field agents this department ever saw are now under my command, and I promise you I will get them to good use.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:16:53 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 04:15:39 pm »

Fantastic stuff, gents! I'm gonna leave character creation open until tomorrow, then we'll crack on with the next phase.
For now, a few clarifying questions.

Sugar, do you turn into a werewolf at the full moon, when you're angry, etc, etc, or is just when you're going all Darkest Self?
Merisa, I'm sure you could be from homicide. Maybe you were part of that hate-love quantrangle that sunk Sugar. Anyway, your skin says that you can be anything from a normal human to a full-on cosmic horror. Your description implies you're human: is that right?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 11:19:25 pm »

Edited to be homicide.
And yes, I am a human, I will probably learn magic later, but now I'm an ordinary human.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:26:33 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 02:00:29 am »

I transform only as my Darkest Self. Truly, I am a beast even without it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5