Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: !!NAKED IGNITION!! {ARSON COP MONSTERHEARTS}  (Read 5227 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: !!NAKED IGNITION!! {ARSON COP MONSTERHEARTS}
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2018, 12:57:06 pm »

Also, DH and I are both wearing red to the meeting. I've never been more mortified.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2018, 03:41:53 am »

Oh, but that wasn't even all of it. The secret part of the evening burned on his tongue, but he'd have to keep some cards close to his chest - the part where they'd break into the Summer Kingdom all together and take that creepy old place by storm. If that wouldn't cheer up Sauli, nothing would.
I don't quite understand this one. What's there to take by storm? It's not like anyone has actually committed a crime.

We’re gonna party there, fellas. Illegal breaking-and-entering party in the creepy empty park that’s bound to attract the Fae, my friends. Let Sugar handle the details. We’ll have the place lit up sooner than you can say ’juryrig the electronics of the park back on and hope for the best’.

EDIT: I’ve worked in an amusement park in RL. They are definitely creepy at night and almost certainly infested with supernatural horrors. So points for realism!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:48:51 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2018, 09:53:01 am »

First thing: remember to read the whole post to have a full understanding of where every character is, since this does have some farcical elements.
Next, a few details about moves.

Gazing into the Abyss was what SK8R Cop just did. It's basically information-gathering: it can be anything from 'doing intense investigative research, joining dots, making noticeboards with strings everywhere' to the crazy ice visions SK8R Cop was experiencing. Everyone has a different way of doing it. This'll tell you stuff your character might not know, like a perception check or a knowledge roll. Handier than it seems, especially since you're police detectives.
Turning Someone On is the main way you gain strings. It's an unusual move. The others are triggered by circumstances or actions you take, but Turning Someone On can be your character trying to make someone else interested in them, or you could just describe how cool/interesting/brooding/sexy your character looks right now and the move would still be valid.
By the way, Sugar, your post is a pretty good example of a nice spot to Turn Someone On, so if you want me to retroactively roll that move for you, let me know.

Anyway, let me know if anything needs to be changed, have a good one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]