Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Breakfastpit - A Succession Farm - 44.12  (Read 64888 times)

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastpit - A Succession Farm - 44.09
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2018, 07:00:59 pm »

Make the bottom a place to eat, have some nest box around, some pig to butcher, and maybe olive oil, potato to hash and brown, and call it breakfastpit.
That's glorious. It's certainly been very effective at making dwarfburger patties so far. You know what, I'm making it official.

The Breakfast Pit of Breakfastpit

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastpit - A Succession Farm - 44.10
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2018, 07:52:10 pm »

Scholar Auze, Auze approves. Then he wonders if he will ever get to write down his planned book on cavern biology.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2018, 09:39:02 pm »

The Breakfast Pit is beautiful. I hope the statue the colossus makes is a good one.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2018, 02:14:31 am »

Bearskie's Journal (7)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Werepig has escaped. I repeat, Werepig has escaped. Story heard is this - fools who place low bets throw rubbish into werepig's den (again). When hatch opened, werepig climbed out in full fury on all fours. Who knew, pigs could climb? Fools ran away screaming, but they all did not dare speak truth on fear of execution. Spineless cowards! One moon after, hauldwarf finds Moony in ore vein, or rather Moony finds us since hauldwarf was dead. No, we were not found in ore vein. He come to us in Mega-shaft.

We hole up in archers corridor until Justice Squad who trains within caverns hears our panic. Sous Chef Imic who is not safe behind door gets his left arm ripped and it sails down shaft while he is screaming. More dwarfs and one cat is butchered by Pig-Moony including one recruit who lacks training (and now limbs). It is only when Doctor Akko arrives to drive vicious spear through werepig's skull, but not before Moony bites her deep and a falling Doctor Akko looks with horror in eyes.

Zan-Captain reaches scene and stares at comrade on floor who is shaking with blood. Akko always his right-hand-dwarf but you would not know from the way he grabs her and binds arms together and gives order for her to be locked away forever. Now she is shaking even more not from lost blood but of fear. There is bitterness in Zan-Captain's voice as he glares at us and roars "WELL?! GET ALL THIS BLOOD CLEANED, USELESS STARING DREGS!" We foolishly scramble to find nearby cloth that is not wet as he drags Akko away.

---

In night-rest (we think it is night for we have not been to surface since curfew) news of Imic's death broke to wife Noloc the Translator and Girl Inod his daughter. The wife is hardened for she is new militia commander but the girl is distraught in fey mood. She retreated to craftshop when nobody was looking; in morning woodcut dwarf went over to shoo her from the dangerous equipment, but she showed him a ring of simple make but delicate beauty with sadness in her eyes.

Wew, two named dwarf dead and one cursed with weresickness in a single update. This calls for a new role call:

Freshly dorfed
Spoiler: SQman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yarf (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Dead - Please submit request for redorf with new name
Lunardog
Faker
Kametec
Voicebook
Imic
Moony the Werepig

Alive
Dr Akko (Quasar) - soon-to-be insane Werepig
Carch - Mad Scientist
Hydrangea
Zan the Sworder - Captain of Suicidal Justice Squad
Noloc the Translator - Militia commander
Auze the Scholar - Guardian
Dozebom
Lord Brassroast
Speciesunkn0wn - hammerer
Diggy (Sanctume)
Killermartian - scarred peddler
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 02:37:18 am by Bearskie »

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2018, 02:42:06 am »

I am completely satisfied with this turn of events. Akko finally got her revenge on Mooney for killing her husband and beginning Breakfastpit's descent into the depths of dwarven hell. Plus, jamming her spear through the beasts head as it tries to bite off her leg at the knee is a badass way to go out.

Despite that, I'm still going to make all y'all feel super guilty about condemning an innocent widowed teenage girl to a fate worse than death, by linking you to this adorable image of Akko's namesake, Atsuko Kagari.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2018, 03:34:44 am »

Before, Akko was a fresh-faced trusting 16 year old medical dwarf who dreamt of raising a family. Three years later, she is now a harrowed spear-wielding widowed murder machine infected with the ancient swine curse of yore who's literally killed a man just to make them into an artifact bone bin.

Breakfastpit kids, not even once.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2018, 06:26:23 am »

Oof, killing one werepig just to get a new one. The curse just doesn't want to go away, does it?

I'm perfectly happy with my dwarf. Tells you a lot about dwarven society when a rebellious young woman decides to become a paladin.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2018, 10:38:29 am »

whoa. that's quite the event. mind, isn't akko immune to going insane from having made a masterwork? or is that from a very old version and I'm remembering something that's no longer the case?

Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2018, 01:54:56 pm »

Put Akko into her own squad stationed to a burrow and route Invaders through it. :D

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2018, 06:06:58 am »

I'm beggining to feel a little worried about my turn... Will I stand against my predecessors? Or perish with the fort? Honestly... I don't know anything anymore...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2018, 09:33:24 am »

Bearskie's Journal (8)

Miner squads have been hard at work lately. There is constant swing of pick on rock ring deep within mines. Dwarves with pick are often in their own world, surfacing only to eat drink sleep and pray. Who knows what secrets they dig? But there is promise to reveal secret soon, and fort buzzes either excited or mildly curious. For me, it is busy few days with no time to be snooping fool.

Door and windows cast from green glass have been appearing across the fortress, but I knew not their source until today, when I received assignment in remote unfashionable part of fortress. Path is confusing but I find workshop behind hastily carved-out wall like a dirty secret. Three dwarfs and I pack sand into bags in silence then pass them to young lady dwarf who spins them into glass like magic.

We spend whole day doing this and by the end we have made six chairs and four tables. Later she told me dwarf my age should not be packing and carrying sand around like hauler; I told her dwarf her age should not be spinning glass like liquid silver. She laughed and said we all need to do what we have to do to make this place better, which was most hopeful thing I heard since I arrived here and I wonder whether she was pulling my beard.

Now lets bring them to new dining room she said, what new dining room I ask her. You heard not? Mining crew was supposed to announce it today, silly fools can't do anything but digging she muttered. For weeks now we are eating meals in bedrooms and corridors since surface tavern was closed on bronze curfew. In comparison to old dirty and small tavern, new dining room is massive and spatious with plenty of space to drink carouse and fight. But once again there is ominous pressure in pathway towards door, though Glassmeister appears undiminished with her green amulet artefact. When we enter new dining room carrying teetering glass furniture we are narrowly missed by a flying mug of beer. There is already blood on the wall.

Mayor Tosid throws another table at a nearby dwarf. She is haggard with dark circles across her eyes that look more demon than mayor. The madness has seized her much more than others, in span of few brief weeks like oil-burning candle. Now she stands in middle of shining new dining room, waving chair in circle until barging justice squad arrives to chain her. That was final night I saw Mayor Tosid. On next day new mayor is elected. His name is Dozebom, and he is old cripple even more aged than me with silver tongue that speaks in rhymes. This makes him look wise so he is new mayor. Perhaps if all is needed to become mayor is wrinkles and long beard then I will become mayor too.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2018, 10:21:24 am »

The dining hall isn't as circular as it can be. That irritates me a tiiiiiny bit...

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2018, 10:28:23 am »

I'm a vanilla purist, that's as round as you're going to get, ye damn digcircle plebian. :P

whoa. that's quite the event. mind, isn't akko immune to going insane from having made a masterwork? or is that from a very old version and I'm remembering something that's no longer the case?

Interesting, I read the wiki and it does mention this appears to be the case. Don't know if it's outdated, but if that's true then we have an immortal overstressed dwarf who can never go insane.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2018, 05:44:11 pm »

The dining hall isn't as circular as it can be. That irritates me a tiiiiiny bit...
they're farmers, not engineers! this is about as perfect as anything in breakfastpit is going to be. XD
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 25, 2018, 08:24:48 pm »

I don't know what you're talking about, it looks like a perfect potato to me.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28